Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1133512 - 02/25/08 01:18 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
dvs cycles Offline

Loc: SoCal
 Quote:
[/qb]
Bitch should only be used as a verb in polite company ..........( Bastard is kinda OK but has its contexts. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Having had purebred dogs and shown them the term BITCH is thrown around constantly. \:D
As a craftsman BASTARD is a type of file I use. \:\)

Piano & Music Accessories
#1133513 - 02/25/08 01:24 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
NE_Geek_Girl Offline

Loc: Boston Suburbs
And, of course, one could chase down a b*itch or a b*st*rd with a bastard sword....

#1133514 - 02/25/08 01:43 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
keystring Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
Bitch should only be used as a verb in polite company (unless you are a rapper, in which case the n-word is fine too
nitch? \:D

#1133515 - 02/25/08 01:53 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I didn't see the discussion that sparked this thread, so these comments are not about anybody personally. I'd like to pipe in that I completely agree with Jeanne. I choose not to associate with people either in real life or on the internet who are unpleasant, regardless of their knowledge or talents. I think it is perfectly OK to be critical and disagree. It isn't OK to be abusive.

I know lots of people think the expertise of a master is worth putting up with belittling comments. It doesn't work for me though.

From my experience, music and sports seem to be the last bastions where this kind of abuse is still acceptable.

When people are like this in real life, I find other people to hang out with--whether friends, family, employers, clients, or colleagues.

I find it hard to believe that people have completely different personas online, but I do believe that it is easier to say something nasty to someone you don't know personally.

BTW swearing in itself doesn't really bother me, although I respect that it does bother some people. Swearing AT somebody though, is over the line for me. And, I think I remember Frank himself posting that the language should be family friendly as we have younger posters here.

One other thought, on how to handle bullying online. "Don't feed the troll" is the common wisdom. If you ignore it, it will die of its own.

I believe that is true, but I also believe in assertively standing up for oneself or others when someone has crossed the line. I haven't quite reconciled the right thing to do in the online environment. Sometimes a PM to the victim may help--but some people have a higher tolerance for this stuff, so that may not be appropriate.

The good news is that the wonderful people here outnumber the trolls by a large percentage.

FWIW YMMV and all that.

#1133516 - 02/25/08 03:05 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Secondo Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
 Quote:
Let's not turn this into a personal thing. In the spirit of the thread....
The turning point in every case, where the thread goes bad, is where the discussion turns from discussing the subject matter to personal questioning or attack. Sometimes, this turn is totally uninstigated and pops up as a surprise attack. So, sticking to the subject and allowing each person his/her opinion does not seem unreasonable if we want to clean up the place. Why should personal attacks be allowed? They do not serve to enhance learning, exchange of ideas, communication, etc. Or, in the alternative, there could be an "anything goes" forum section where venting at each other is acceptable. Otherwise, it is always nice to exercise some measure of self-restraint (except when playing the piano of course).

#1133517 - 02/26/08 08:26 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
BJones Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Queens, NY
 Quote:
Originally posted by Secondo:
 Quote:
Let's not turn this into a personal thing. In the spirit of the thread....
The turning point in every case, where the thread goes bad, is where the discussion turns from discussing the subject matter to personal questioning or attack. Sometimes, this turn is totally uninstigated and pops up as a surprise attack. So, sticking to the subject and allowing each person his/her opinion does not seem unreasonable if we want to clean up the place. Why should personal attacks be allowed? They do not serve to enhance learning, exchange of ideas, communication, etc. Or, in the alternative, there could be an "anything goes" forum section where venting at each other is acceptable. Otherwise, it is always nice to exercise some measure of self-restraint (except when playing the piano of course). [/b]
It was the playing and abilities of (he who shall not be mentioned on this forum) that was being attacked first and it was several, not one member who publically called (that person) a terrible pianist. When (that person) responded that he wasn't the worst musician in the world, he was then attacked as a person, then banned for telling people to look at his video to determine if he could play the piano or not. (That person) was also told that he wasn't qualified to post about Chopin or Liszt on this forum, nor were his comments wanted. On some forums, members and moderation who have singled out individuals for acceptible ridicule would rather their target remain silent while they're trashing him. That seemed to be the case here. When members are told that their opinions are unwanted, that they are unwelcome because they're not qualified to speak on the subject matter and, then ridiculed for their posts there wil be ill-will. Especially if they are qualified to offer an opinion. And I know that I'll probably be banned for saying that and for being a student of (unmentionable name). Sorry that my rationale goes contrary to forum policy.

Cool School Chopin:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d1yc1mmitew

Improvisations:

http://www.box.net/shared/bjv6yc34oo

http://www.box.net/shared/8lmc3hzikl

#1133518 - 02/26/08 11:05 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
 Quote:
Originally posted by keyboardklutz:
Bitch should only be used as a verb in polite company [/b]
My hunting dog is polite but no linguist and I can tell you that this is one of his favorite words. His personal position is that it should only function as a direct object, but I digress.

Other forums on which I have participated in the past have had very active moderation around two areas:

- posting on topic, and
- personal attacks.

A little bit of personable off-topic banter and humor can keep things interesting. But, personal attacks can act as poison to a forum.

Moderation can result in posters being asked to edit offending posts and posters being suspended for issuing personal attacks. In the story of the disciple, on other forums there would have been more suspensions than just the one. Of course, self-moderation is always the best medicine.

Personally, I would rather have a high-value, rough & tumble forum where competent people exchange ideas frankly rather than a very quiet, polite, politically correct one where very little of substance is discussed. Having said that I wouldn't want pianoworld to turn into pokerworld.
And, just because it is anonymous here, there is no reason to trample on other people's feet or disregard people's emotions.

#1133519 - 02/26/08 11:22 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
 Quote:
on other forums there would have been more suspensions than just the one
I think you are correct on this point. Perhaps some public warnings (a metaphorical banging of heads together) could have reduced the ugliness and immaturity a bit.

Quote:
Of course, self-moderation is always the best medicine.
Spot on!
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1133520 - 02/26/08 11:23 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Mr_Kitty Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
+ one for the rough and tumble!!!!
The internet is no tea party... especially when we're talking about playing the piano!
That said, it's not a foot-stomping fest either.

#1133521 - 02/26/08 12:18 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Western Canada
Did participate in two other threads that eventually got so bad, that they were deleted by the moderator! So I have "No Comment"!

Not sure if I'm bragging, or complaining! \:D

#1133522 - 02/26/08 12:48 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Innominato Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
"Did participate in two other threads that eventually go so bad, that they were deleted by the moderator! "

The alternative being, of course, to break your fingers... ;\)

-----------------------------------------------

In the meantime, not one but two threads run about Disciple.

Methinks, perhaps it would be time to close them both? What had to be said has been said already.

In my eyes, the moderators should examine the possibility of readmitting Disciple after a cool-down period: I have seen this in other boards and it worked very well.

Always in my experience, the appropriate behavior in case of gross personal attack is as follows:

1) post an answer to the aggressor to the sense that one does not accept the accusation (one should never give even the impression that he tolerates aggression, unless his names happens to be Neville Chamberlain, or Jimmy Carter.. ;\) ..).

2) immediately, and repeatedly if must be, report the offensive post and all questionable posts coming after it.

This is, in my eyes, a very effective counter-insurgency policy ;\) , it only needs a couple of days (at the most) for it to show its effect.

Moreover, life is always like a mirror. If we are ready to be offensive, people are going to be more ready to offend us and we will attract, in our discussions, the people who are most ready to offend; as my forefathers would have said, similia similibus solvuntur....

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin

#1133523 - 02/26/08 02:03 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Johnny-Boy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: PA
Hey, in Hollywood, even bad PR is a good thing. If Disciple plans his strategy right he could probably sell a lot of CD's. Maybe titled the CD "Disciple Is Damned".

Actually I know nothing about these Disciple threads. Didn't read a thing about them. I just want to be part of this if it gets on some reality TV show.

Okay, just a little lighthearted humor. We must step back occasionally and have a good laugh at ourselves (and others). It really lightens the stress load.

Excuse me while I bust out laughing. Jeez that felt good! Oops, darn prostrate gland.

Best, John

#1133524 - 02/26/08 02:13 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Hmmmmm, which of your glands is now prostrate? \:D ;\)
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1133525 - 02/26/08 02:18 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Mr_Kitty Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
once again a brilliant post from Innominato (I'm really starting to like this guy!!)

I hope the moderators read his post and consider his request.

#1133526 - 02/26/08 02:28 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Johnny-Boy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: PA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Hmmmmm, which of your glands is now prostrate? \:D ;\) [/b]
My Steinway Gland.

#1133527 - 02/26/08 02:37 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: So. California
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Kitty:
once again a brilliant post from Innominato (I'm really starting to like this guy!!)

I hope the moderators read his post and consider his request. [/b]
Mr. Kitty, I've always known there was something good about you ;\)

+1

And then when ALL parties concerned snap up again with commentary that relates to personal attack, then the community should bang everyone's head together and be told to "just get along".

As far as I'm concerned, debate that's ON TOPIC is a good thing. Personalizing is not.

#1133528 - 02/26/08 04:12 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Bob Newbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Betty: I didn't know that! but it seems there's a ficticious person in some sort of game world called Clueless Bob Newbie LOL ...the only thing real is my first name! at some point I need to pick another.. \:\)

#1133529 - 02/27/08 01:50 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Akira Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Its a little sad that some people don't understand the important lesson they should have learned in their childhood -- treat others as you wish to be treated.

If one acts in an arrogant, rude, combative or insulting manner, its a virtual certainty that behavior will be reflected right back at you with equal or greater conviction. This marks of the beginning of the inevitable downward spiral of insults being hurled at one another.

Typically, it is the moderators' role to serve as peacekeeper, so that things don't get out of hand.

There will always be people in a public forum who will act in a less-than-civilized manner -- very likely, its the exact same way they act in real life. My suggestion is to simply ignore them, no matter how tempting it is to engage them. Exchanging insults never accomplishes anything, except to bring you down to their level and further escalate an already volitile situation.

#1133530 - 02/28/08 05:45 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
Thanks, everyone, for posting. Lots of good thoughts here. I'm glad some of you can commiserate with where I'm coming from.

The reality is, though, we do not all feel the same. We can't even all agree on what "rude" is!

wavelength, I hope you're still out there, I have some questions for you.

Quote:
Originally posted by wavelength:
Jeanne W:
I believe that the title of this thread creates a false dichotomy. It implies that either we follow this particular notion of politeness, OR, we are rude and uncivilized... with no other options.

I believe that the "socially acceptable norm" you refer to is actually a particularly American norm, and is not universal. For example, the French are often considered by Americans to be overly opinionated and derisive in their expression. But they just have a different way of discussing ideas... one which I happen to admire, and which is conducive to intellectual exchange. [/b]
wavelength: You make some valid and interesting points. Certain things that are socially acceptable in one country or culture are certainly not going to be universally accepted in all others. I'm hoping you will explain more about the differences between how Americans and French people discuss ideas. And your views on that.

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

#1133531 - 02/29/08 12:18 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Horace Offline
500 Post Club Member

a bunch of little kids (chronologically or emotionally) attacked him for making claims that, I would guess, were true.

His reactions were appropriate given that (presumed) circumstance. I certainly never got the impression that his maturity level was the main problem in those threads.

#1133532 - 03/02/08 02:32 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
wavelength Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
Jean, I can't say I've got it all figured out. And perhaps my idea about the French is an over-generalization. But it seems to me that out of my friends and family from France, most don't hold back from saying something like "that's ridiculous," or to snort derisively when discussing art or anything intellectual. They might say "that music is trash" if they don't like it, but it is not to be taken as a personal affront. I don't mean to single out France... If we were to listen in on, say, an Italian family eating dinner, it's likely that it would sound to us like they were fighting even if they weren't.

My own family argues and is opinionated. It terrified my poor fiance at first. To her, the word "argument" was synonymous with "fight". Some people think my mother is rude, and others admire her for her outspoken directness. (Now you're thinking... this guy is hopeless... even his mother is rude! :lol: )

In general, I've found that most of the artists and intellectuals whom I admire tend to be socially abrasive (or are considered to be by many people). These are the people I find most interesting.

But really, I agree with you that we should be more polite. It's just the idea of enforcing some notion of politeness-- in a forum which discusses something as important as piano music-- which bothers me. It seems guaranteed to exclude the very people from whom I want to hear.

Well, that's more than I intended to write on this. Time to get back to the piano. \:\)

#1133533 - 03/02/08 03:17 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Innominato Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
"If we were to listen in on, say, an Italian family eating dinner, it's likely that it would sound to us like they were fighting even if they weren't".

You would think that one or more (according to the number of guest) divorces ("separations" for you Catholics out there) are going to be filed tomorrow; that brothers will never ever speak to each other again; that the generation gap has reached a level which makes all kind of communication impossible.
And you would show, by thinking this, that you are not Italian... \:\)

But mind: all this happens within family or close friends; among people who love each other, or esteem each other enough to be able to bear the heat, and only IF they BOTH agree on such rules of communication (don't worry: their behaviour shows it soon enough....).

But, importantly, it does NOT happen on the internet; on the internet you are generally speaking expected to show the same degree of politeness that you would show to acquaintances, to people that are not part of your inner circle.

And mind, after allowing for the absence of the politically correct tosh so typical of american communication ("I am not sure I agree" is one of my favourites: speak your mind, for God's sake! ;\) ) if you repeatedly insult your opponent you get easily banned even from an Italian forum and not many people wil regret you.

Yes, an Italian will not have any problem in saying "tosh" to an opinion you have expressed on the internet.
But if he says that you're a little child, well then it's different because it's not about an idea but about a person, and this never gets lost in Italy, where people are very emotional about ideas, but you don't touch them as people or, to say it with the movie, there will be blood..... ;\)

Jokes besides, you simply are not allowed to get personal with people with whom you do not have a personal relationship which is close enough to allow you to do so.

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin

#1133534 - 03/02/08 03:20 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
rintincop Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Jean, I can't say I've got it all figured out. And perhaps my idea about the French is an over-generalization. But it seems to me that out of my friends and family from France, most don't hold back from saying something like "that's ridiculous," or to snort derisively when discussing art or anything intellectual. They might say "that music is trash" if they don't like it, but it is not to be taken as a personal affront. I don't mean to single out France... If we were to listen in on, say, an Italian family eating dinner, it's likely that it would sound to us like they were fighting even if they weren't.

My own family argues and is opinionated. It terrified my poor fiance at first. To her, the word "argument" was synonymous with "fight". Some people think my mother is rude, and others admire her for her outspoken directness. (Now you're thinking... this guy is hopeless... even his mother is rude! :lol: )

In general, I've found that most of the artists and intellectuals whom I admire tend to be socially abrasive (or are considered to be by many people). These are the people I find most interesting.

But really, I agree with you that we should be more polite. It's just the idea of enforcing some notion of politeness-- in a forum which discusses something as important as piano music-- which bothers me. It seems guaranteed to exclude the very people from whom I want to hear.
[/b]
Well said.

We end up expelling the artistic geniuses from this forum and are left with the polite ordinary.

#1133535 - 03/02/08 04:06 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
J. Mark Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Isn't this lovely. Now we have ethnic stereotypes, religious aspersions and nationalistic prejudice.... On a thread about civility...on a piano group.

I think this may actually be funny.

However, I do feel bad for the real artistic geniuses of the world, who have such things done by others in their name... or something. Reminds me of a Joan Jett song...

#1133536 - 03/02/08 04:41 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
wavelength Offline

Loc: Vermont, USA
^ ...add snide sarcasm to that list. Yes, just lovely, i agree! \:\) Thanks for your meaningful contribution to our discussion of cultural differences-- I'm glad I took the time to read it. \:\)

I think Joan Jett is a genius, too.

#1133537 - 03/03/08 05:22 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
redcard Offline

All in all, if you think we have a problem here with civility, please don't look into other forums online. We're mild compared to most.

\:\)

Don't worry, be happy.

#1133538 - 03/03/08 05:50 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
rintincop Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The stifling of intellectual exchange.

#1133539 - 03/05/08 06:06 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
...But really, I agree with you that we should be more polite. It's just the idea of enforcing some notion of politeness-- in a forum which discusses something as important as piano music-- which bothers me. It seems guaranteed to exclude the very people from whom I want to hear.

[/b]
Thanks for posting back wavelength. I appreciate it and understand and commiserate with what you say.

If those who possess great knowledge, talent, expertise, most often fail to conduct themselves in what is generally accepted by some (most?)as a civil manner - that's troubling, at least to me, and, yes, it's a loss.

If we are talking about having a separate set of rules for the elite, that, too is troubling.

I am not challenging you or anyone, exactly, with that last question. I am just thinking hard about this issue.

Are there PW members at the level you speak of that contribute to discussions without being blatantly offensive?

I guess I'm wondering now how many PW members who fit into the "elite" category have been driven off PW? No need to name the PW member, but can anyone offer an estimate of numbers? How many and over how many years?

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3

#1133540 - 03/05/08 06:22 PM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Innominato:
...on the internet you are generally speaking expected to show the same degree of politeness that you would show to acquaintances, to people that are not part of your inner circle.

[/b]
That's a good point, Innominato. I certainly have been guilty of saying some nasty things my own self (opinions are opinions, after all \:D ) but those are not the kinds of things I would post on a public internet forum, where others could get hurt and angry.

I guess that has something to do with knowing what things we can express in our inner circles without fear of offending anyone - knowing where and when such talk is and is not generally acceptable and hurtful to others - and caring about others.

Something else I've been thinking about that pertains to this - people have different levels of sensitivity. Some of us here on PW may read someone's comments and think "MAN, THAT'S RUDE!" but just keep going and think not much about it - be able to tune it out. Others of us have a very hard time with stuff like that, we get REALLY angry and it sticks in our craw.

Thanks to everyone who has joined this discussion. It's been going on for a while and is getting kind of "old", but if anyone has something more to contribute, I hope you'll post, no matter what side your on. I think it helps for us to try to understand each other a little better.

\:\)

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3

#1133541 - 03/06/08 09:40 AM Re: A Civilized, Respectful PW or an Offensive, Out of Control PW?
Akira Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I thought this was an amusing cartoon video called How to Behave on an Internet Forum . I've you've hung around forums long enough, you should be able to recognize each of the points being made.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
72 registered (Atrys, Baudelaire, angga888, AZNpiano, 16 invisible), 1258 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75588 Members
42 Forums
156298 Topics
2295435 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Tight Key ??
by moy71
Today at 01:15 AM
Learning progress
by sunnyday
Today at 01:10 AM
How old is a Ahlborn-Galanti Digital Pipe Organ Chronicler
by Chopinlover49
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
1906 Steinway K52 purchase for recording studio?
by nlive
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Marc-André Hamelin discusses Rachmaninoff
by vers la flan
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission