Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1137639 - 12/29/06 11:03 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Mountain Ash Offline

Loc: Canberra, Australia
I think one thing that sets Elton apart from the rest is his ability to create interest with the piano behind the lyrics.

While many players, Billy Joel included (I am a fan BTW) often resort to block chords after the introducton, but Elton has an amazing style made up of all sorts of chords, arpeggios and riffs that make him a treat to listen to.

I have recordings of both Joel and John playing their hit songs with piano only, and I can tell you they are both awsome, but Elton is just amazing.

I can't comment on the rest, as I havn't heard enough to make a judgement.

Piano & Music Accessories
#1137640 - 12/29/06 11:30 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Loc: USA
Mountain Ash:

Well said! I agree with virtually everything you posted. I too prefer Elton over Billy--with no disrespect intended toward Joel.

Elton's melodies reach further down in my soul than Billy's. Elton can produce very beautiful, sensitive pieces like "Candle in the Wind"--as well as really rocking tunes like "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting".

I still can't make a final determination as to who I feel is the best pop/rock pianist ever, but Elton will get my vote before Billy does.

#1137641 - 12/29/06 11:30 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
euclid10540 Offline

Submitted for your Approval #2:

Neil Sedaka sings and plays Honey of My Life, lyrics he wrote based on Beethoven's "Fur Elise". Just Neil's voice and piano, nothing else. I'm sure you're all familiar with this piece.

http://www.box.net/public/poqgsdgtnp

#1137642 - 12/29/06 11:43 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by euclid10540:
Submitted for your approval: Neil Sedaka playing Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu
Very nice, Euclid! I approve, I approve! \:D

Though he won't get my vote as the best pop/rock pianist ever--he is certainly a fine classical pianist worthy of our respect.

Thanks for the video! \:\)

#1137643 - 12/29/06 11:49 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ARIAS:
And while we're on the subject of RAGS........how about a vote for SCOTT JOPLIN?
Excellent taste, ARIAS!

However, as Wolfie already mentioned, we are considering only pop/rock pianists of the rock era--the last half century.

Perhaps Wolfie will start a new thread soon, where we can take nominations for best pop/jazz/ragtime pianist of the 19th and first half of the 20th century. ;\)

#1137644 - 12/30/06 01:15 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: In a state full of Volcanoes
 Quote:
Originally posted by Music Lover:
 Quote:
And while we're on the subject of RAGS........how about a vote for SCOTT JOPLIN?
Excellent taste, ARIAS!

However, as Wolfie already mentioned, we are considering only pop/rock pianists of the rock era--the last half century.

Perhaps Wolfie will start a new thread soon, where we can take nominations for best pop/jazz/ragtime pianist of the 19th and first half of the 20th century. ;\) [/b]

#1137645 - 12/30/06 01:20 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I have my hands full already with the 50's to the new millenium! Yikes, Music Lover. Maybe you could do that one after this one gets well underway. Or maybe later after this thread concludes we can go back further to Ragtime/Blues/Jazz?

I already do know my #1 female musician (who else but Ella Fitzgerald).

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfindmist:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Music Lover:
 Quote:
Excellent taste, ARIAS!

Perhaps Wolfie will start a new thread soon, where we can take nominations for best pop/jazz/ragtime pianist of the 19th and first half of the 20th century. ;\) [/b]
[/b]

#1137646 - 12/30/06 03:03 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
J. Mark Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ipgrunt:
...like Barbara Streisand ...[/b]
Um...it's Barbra. Sorry. I just happen to worship her, and that's the correct spelling.

\:\)

#1137647 - 12/30/06 03:34 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Mark:
Um...it's Barbra. Sorry. I just happen to worship her, and that's the correct spelling.
Her given name at birth was Barbara. For show-biz purposes, she started going by Barbra. I don't know if she ever legally changed it to Barbra or not. Perhaps you do.

#1137648 - 12/30/06 12:13 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
markjpcs Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
 Quote:
Originally posted by The Emperor:
Keith Emerson, Tony Banks, Rick Wright, Rick Wakeman...big fan of 70's prog rock \:\) [/b]

#1137649 - 12/30/06 02:48 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
CC2 and Chopin lover Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Music Lover said:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the fact that we aren't judging these pianists solely by their technical ability blew right over your head. ;\)[/b]
 Quote:
So we'll place your post in the "For What It's Worth" round file immediately. [Big Grin][/b]
Your musical ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance. Anyone who would put Jerry Lee Lewis ahead of ANYONE in a great rock pianist contest is really making that very evident.

#1137650 - 12/30/06 07:31 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
wolfindmist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Thanks for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally posted by euclid10540:
Submitted for your approval:

Neil Sedaka playing Chopin's Fantaisie Impromptu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChTFWUKxlQ [/b]

#1137651 - 01/01/07 04:58 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CC2 and Chopin lover:
Your musical ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance. Anyone who would put Jerry Lee Lewis ahead of ANYONE in a great rock pianist contest is really making that very evident.
Your personal attack/flame has been noted. I'm not going to stoop to your level by responding in a similar way.

Out of respect for Wolfie and the other thread participants, I will refrain from addressing your attack in this particular thread.

However, I will shortly be posting extensive documentation in the Jerry Lee Lewis thread, that will prove beyond a doubt that your above statements are rubbish.

#1137652 - 01/01/07 08:08 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
1000 Post Club Member

Wise choice on your part. Throwing my original post in the "For What It's Worth" round file, as you put it, was arrogant and unnecessarily disrespectful of you. Choosing not to have it out with me is the first good choice you've made on this thread. Go ahead and waste your time attempting to prove how much "greater" Jerry Lee Lewis is than Keith Emerson......this should be hilarious.

#1137653 - 01/01/07 02:19 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
pianokeys1000 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
 Quote:

This thread is about who is the best pianist, not the most influential musician.
 Quote:

Prove it. And Dr. John just never did a very good job at COMPOSING music at the piano. Joel and John are sixth and ninth, respectively, on the all-time album/CD sales list---which includes ALL genres of music. Perhaps his name should be "Dr. Who?".
 Quote:

Apparently you're not aware that we were discussing POP/ROCK ACOUSTIC PIANISTS.
 Quote:

Your input in this thread is welcome, but we want DOCUMENTATION for your proclamations. We don't accept any statements at face value here.
 Quote:

Speak for yourself regarding your preposterous statement that Leon Russell is "the man who taught us all how to play rock and roll piano."
 Quote:

Unfortunately, the fact that we aren't judging these pianists solely by their technical ability blew right over your head.

So we'll place your post in the "For What It's Worth" round file immediately.
 Quote:

Having composed very mediocre (at best) CLASSICAL music, has absolutely NOTHING to do with determining one's stature as a POP/ROCK pianist.

It counts for NOTHING.
 Quote:

No, I didn't make your point at all.

We are attempting to determine who is the BEST POP/ROCK PIANIST---NOT who has produced the "best" music.

Even IF I conceded the point that Wonder makes the "best" music, which I will NEVER concede--the hard fact remains that it does NOT make him the best pop/rock PIANIST ever.

We are looking for the best Pop/Rock PIANIST--nothing more and nothing less.

As others besides myself have already noted, Stevie Wonder is TECHNICALLY a mediocre (at best) pianist--which CAN be proven by visual and audio evaluation of his technique.

As to whether his MUSIC is "better", is completely subjective and can NEVER be proven. And even if it could be, it would still do virtually nothing to "prove" that he is the "best" pop/rock pianist ever.
 Quote:

Stevie Wonder ISN'T EVEN CLOSE!
Music Lover, if you are going for arrogant and condescending, you have achieved your goal. The forum is a place for opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. It's not your job to police what people post and approve or kill the thoughts of other members, which is what you've been doing. It's fine if you disagree, but you don't have to come off like that. It's unnecessary.

Ryan

#1137654 - 01/01/07 02:34 PM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
ARIAS Offline

Loc: Tampa Bay
Hey Guys .........Cool it![/b]
Knock off the bickering!
Are y'all suffering from a bad hangover
or something? \:D

#1137655 - 01/02/07 05:02 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Wise choice on your part. Throwing my original post in the "For What It's Worth" round file, as you put it, was arrogant and unnecessarily disrespectful of you. Choosing not to have it out with me is the first good choice you've made on this thread. Go ahead and waste your time attempting to prove how much "greater" Jerry Lee Lewis is than Keith Emerson......this should be hilarious.
You drew first blood and proved your own arrogance and ignorance, with your following post which I've quoted below---where you proclaim "No need to say anymore" and "The End of the Contest", like we're supposed to fall down at yours and Emerson's feet (ROTFLMAO! \:D )---then you take a verbal swipe at everybody elses choices, with a special swipe aimed at me.

By the way, what Emerson is playing on that video clip is neither pop nor rock music. So your clip proves NOTHING as to who is the "best" POP/ROCK pianist.

You calling anybody arrogant and ignorant is definitely a severe case of the pot calling the kettle black. Plus the fact that you launched a personal attack/flame, a clear violation of forum rules. Your own words have proven you a hypocrite.[/b]

Quote:
No need to say any more.....I'll just contribute this from my previous thread:

The End Of The Contest

When's the last time Billy Joel, Elton John, Dr. John, Ray Charles, Billy Preston, Leon Russell or, especially, Jerry Lee Lewis, did anything even remotely approaching this?
Keith Emerson's not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, even though he has been eligible for years. Jerry Lee went in with the first group the first year.

Keith Emerson has never received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Jerry Lee has, only one of 125 such awards worldwide in the 50 year history of NARAS.

Keith Emerson has never been honored by the Smithsonian Institute for his piano playing. Jerry Lee has.

Keith Emerson has never had a major Hollywood motion picture made about his life. Jerry Lee has--"Great Balls of Fire" (1989), starring well-known actor Dennis Quaid.

NEXT! \:D [/b]

#1137656 - 01/02/07 05:40 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pianokeys1000:
Music Lover, if you are going for arrogant and condescending, you have achieved your goal. The forum is a place for opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. It's not your job to police what people post and approve or kill the thoughts of other members, which is what you've been doing. It's fine if you disagree, but you don't have to come off like that. It's unnecessary.
What is unneccessary is your whining and false accusations.

Please show me PRECISELY where I stated you or anybody else in this thread were not entitled to their own opinion. I want the exact quote, plus the time and date of the post.

I am NOT "policing" anybody's posts. You are free to post whatever you wish. I do not own or run this forum, so it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to police and silence you or anybody else.

I have NEVER told you or anybody else what you can or cannot post. I have NEVER told you to shut up. I have NEVER stated that you are not entitled to your own opinion.

You came into this thread, arrogantly proclaiming that you just didn't see how ANYBODY'S songwriting could compare with Stevie Wonder, like God died and Stevie took his place or something. First of all, this thread is clearly about who is the BEST POP/ROCK PIANIST. Mr. Wonder's songwriting has NOTHING to do with being the best pop/rock pianist of all time.

Then you made the statement that it was your "understanding" Elton John did not write a lot of his own music, which is demonstrably false. Over the years, Elton has composed the vast majority of his own music.

Please feel free to post WHATEVER you wish, and get some intellectual honesty while you're at it. \:D

#1137657 - 01/02/07 06:34 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Mountain Ash Offline

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Well I think it's pretty obvious that personal preference is the main consideration here and I don't think we'll be able to come up with an agreed ranking. All I can say is I wish there were more of these pop/rock pianists around NOW!

Oh and Elton Stole his famous riff from Leon Russell. He stole it fair and square, and he admits it too.

http://www.rickmcgrath.com/eltonjohn.html

#1137658 - 01/02/07 06:48 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
pianokeys1000 Offline

Quote:

First of all, this thread is clearly about who is the BEST POP/ROCK PIANIST. Mr. Wonder's songwriting has NOTHING to do with being the best pop/rock pianist of all time.
Again, "policing" threads. This is a public forum. I made a comment based on my opinion.

It's not your job to tell people what is or is not relevant to the thread. People post what comes to mind.

Quote:

You came into this thread, arrogantly proclaiming that you just didn't see how ANYBODY'S songwriting could compare with Stevie Wonder
Never said that. Besides, what is arrogant about stating one's opinion?

Check the facts. I said "For songwriting, I don't see how anyone mentioned above could be placed before Stevie Wonder".[/b]

I never said that no one's songwriting could COMPARE. Big difference. If a gun were put to my head I like Stevie's music better. Then Billy's, then Elton's. That's all I was saying. But I shouldn't have to explain that.

I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is put off by your arrogant and condescending posts.

Music lover said:[/b]

Quote:

This thread is about who is the best pianist, not the most influential musician.
 Quote:

Apparently you're not aware that we were discussing POP/ROCK ACOUSTIC PIANISTS.
 Quote:

Unfortunately, the fact that we aren't judging these pianists solely by their technical ability blew right over your head.

So we'll place your post in the "For What It's Worth" round file immediately.
 Quote:

Having composed very mediocre (at best) CLASSICAL music, has absolutely NOTHING to do with determining one's stature as a POP/ROCK pianist.

It counts for NOTHING.
The definition of Forum is:

A public meeting place for OPEN discussion. Comments like the ones listed above don't foster open discussion, they hinder it. Several people have not come back to the thread because of it.

Ryan

#1137659 - 01/02/07 07:25 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

"Again, "policing" threads. This is a public forum. I made a comment based on my opinion."

No, lad. YOU are the one policing me. I have NEVER told you that you couldn't post whatever you wished. I NEVER said you weren't entitled to your own opinion. So STOP LYING![/b]

"It's not your job to tell people what is or is not relevant to the thread. People post what comes to mind."

You don't read very well. You are free to post whatever you wish, I don't care. I am simply pointing out that Wonder's songwriting abilities have NOTHING to do with proving him to be the best rock/pop pianist ever. Thus far, you have provided NO evidence whatsoever that he is.

That is MY opinion, which I am entitled to. YOU are the one who has serious problems about me expressing MY opinions. I have NO problem with any of your opinions, just your inability to post anything of substance. But I have NEVER questioned your right to post irrelevancies.[/b]

"I know for a fact that I am not the only one who is put off by your arrogant and condescending posts."

To quote you--"what is arrogant about stating one's opinion?". I was simply stating MY opinions! \:D ROTFLMAO! And your above statement simply proves that you're not the only whiner here.[/b]

"The definition of Forum is:

A public meeting place for OPEN discussion. Comments like the ones listed above don't foster open discussion, they hinder it. Several people have not come back to the thread because of it."

HOGWASH! NOTHING I can say on this forum can prevent you from discussing whatever you wish with whomever you wish. You can also completely ignore me if you so desire.

Besides, this is a public forum--I made comments based on MY opinions. Stop policing me, Ryan! \:D

It appears my OPINIONS have stepped on the toes of some of the more insecure and immature individuals around here. However, as YOU say---I have a RIGHT to those opinions. I shouldn't have to explain that! :p [/b]

#1137660 - 01/02/07 07:37 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
1000 Post Club Member

Music Lover said, among other ridiculous statements:
 Quote:
Keith Emerson's not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, even though he has been eligible for years. Jerry Lee went in with the first group the first year
Ah yes, true, very true.....and that's because the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame caters to the average Joe, people like yourself, that know little, if anything, about what it takes to be truly great on an instrument, and could care less. BUT, he HAS been picked by Keyboard Magazine and MANY other Pianist publications as the top pianist/keyboardist year in and year out for so long that they finally had to stop letting people vote for him in order to allow someone else to win:
 Quote:
Throughout the years, Emerson has consistently won the Overall Best Keyboardist award in the annual Keyboard Magazine Readers' Poll, since the magazine debuted in 1975 and holds a seat of honor on their advisory board. He was recently honored at The Smithsonian Institution, along with Dr. Robert Moog, for his pioneering work in electronic music. Emerson is currently preparing for a UK tour and others.[/b]
And since the thread that was opened originally was titled "Best Pop/Rock Pianists" and NOT "Best Entertainer", or "Best at Jumping on a Piano", or "Best at Banging Out Chords and Glissandos", then I guess those at Keyboard Magazine know a little more about who is and isn't a great pianist than you do. And, just so you're straight on this, my assessment of Keith Emerson's playing is NOT based solely on that You Tube Video, but on years of Progressive ROCK music he has COMPOSED and Played with Emerson, Lake and Palmer......are you going to now say that PROGRESSIVE ROCK MUSIC is NOT ROCK? You've highjacked this thread with your own inane rantings and attacked all who don't go along with your ridiculous "logic", but, I encourage you to keep writing........I LOVE IT when fools seal their own casket and bury themselves. Oh, by the way, I thought you weren't going to lower yourself to my level by responding to a "flame war" as you put it. Didn't do to well at that either, did you?

#1137661 - 01/02/07 08:11 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
pianokeys1000 Offline

Quote:

I have NEVER told you that you couldn't post whatever you wished. I NEVER said you weren't entitled to your own opinion.
No, instead you kill my opinion and any others that you don't agree with.

Music Lover said.[/b]

Quote:

You don't read very well.
 Quote:

No, lad.
 Quote:

I have NO problem with any of your opinions, just your inability to post anything of substance.
 Quote:

It appears my OPINIONS have stepped on the toes of some of the more insecure and immature individuals around here.
Insults and condescending speech. I can't say I suprised. I'll let these comments speak for themselves. This has really turned into a great thread. Thanks.

Quote:

You are free to post whatever you wish, I don't care. I am simply pointing out that Wonder's songwriting abilities have NOTHING to do with proving him to be the best rock/pop pianist ever. Thus far, you have provided NO evidence whatsoever that he is.
The definition of opinion (courtesy of dictionary.com):

1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

I didn't see anything in there about proof.

Since when do we have to prove to others who and what we like on the forum? I like Stevie's stuff better, that's all.

Ryan

#1137662 - 01/02/07 08:30 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Music Lover said, among other ridiculous statements:
 Quote:
Keith Emerson's not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, even though he has been eligible for years. Jerry Lee went in with the first group the first year
Ah yes, true very true.....BUT, he HAS been picked by Keyboard Magazine and MANY other Pianist publications as the top pianist/keyboardist year in and year out for so long that they finally had to stop letting people vote for him in order to allow someone else to win. Look it up. And since the thread that was opened originally was titled "Best Pop/Rock Pianists" and NOT "Best Entertainer", or "Best at Jumping on a Piano", or "Best at Banging Out Chords and Glissandos", then I guess those at Keyboard Magazine know a little more about who is and isn't a great pianist than you do. You've highjacked this thread with your own inane rantings and attacked all who don't go along with your ridiculous "logic", but, I encourage you to keep writing........I LOVE IT when fools seal their own casket and bury themselves. Oh, by the way, I thought you weren't going to lower yourself to my level by responding to a "flame war" as you put it. Didn't do to well at that either, did you? [/b]
ROTFLMAO! :p Mr. Arrogant Know-It-All Chopin lover read it in a music magazine poll, so it MUST be true!

According to some music magazine polls, Ozzy Osbourne is the best singer in human history! According to some music magazine polls, Dimebag Darrell is the best guitarist in human history! According to some music magazine polls, the Ramones are the greatest music group in human history! According to some music magazine polls, Kurt Cobain is the greatest songwriter in human history!

MANY of the people who buy guitar, keyboard, drum magazines etc. are kids--who then go to school and get as many kids as they can to vote on a particular person. Most of the kids who vote have virtually no knowledge of the instruments in question, or even the artists they are voting for. The main reasons they voted for a specific individual is because their friends asked them to, or that was about the only individual they had heard of!

Jerry Lee Lewis was one of the first performers inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame---Emerson STILL hasn't made it after about FORTY or so years in the business.

Jerry Lee Lewis was honored by the Smithsonian Institute---Emerson was left out in the cold.

Jerry Lee Lewis was presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, one of only 125 people in history to be so honored, by the same organization that sponsors the prestigious Grammy awards.---Emerson didn't get squat.

Jerry Lee Lewis had a major Hollywood motion picture made of his life story, featuring Dennis Quaid, Alec Baldwin and other major actors.

Gee, Hollywood just hasn't gotten around to calling Mr. Emerson yet--maybe because they know there aren't enough people alive who can stay awake during his life story.

Oh, but maybe Emerson can do some circus tricks like the old revolving piano over the stage. Somebody call Barnum & Bailey quick! Boy, have I got a great idea for a new clown act! \:D

Elton John and Springsteen said it all!:

"Elton John called him the "greatest piano player ever." Dubbed an "American Wildman," Jerry Lee Lewis has sold more than 25,000,000 records and was one of the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame's first inductees. Not bad for a guy whose parents had to mortgage the house in order to buy him a $280.00 upright piano at age 11. Since then, Lewis has burned up the ivories as a self-taught pianist. Claiming to never play the same piece, the same way, twice, Lewis is famous for such hits as Great Balls of Fire and Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On! In the words of rocker Bruce Springsteen, "This man doesn't play rock n' roll, he is rock n' roll.""[/b]

http://piano300.si.edu/gala/lewis.htm

#1137663 - 01/02/07 08:37 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
1000 Post Club Member

Keep going fool, I'm lovin' this...........

#1137664 - 01/02/07 08:53 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

"No, instead you kill my opinion and any others that you don't agree with."

How have I "killed" your opinion? You're still typing away, son. Mr. Chopin lover obviously doesn't agree with me in this case, but he is still posting away in this thread. I've "killed" nothing.[/b]

"Insults and condescending speech. I can't say I suprised. I'll let these comments speak for themselves. This has really turned into a great thread. Thanks."

This thread has gone off course because of YOU. I would like to return to discussing the thread topic, but YOU won't allow it to happen. You've got a fixation with me.[/b]

"The definition of opinion (courtesy of dictionary.com):

1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty

2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

I didn't see anything in there about proof.

Since when do we have to prove to others who and what we like on the forum? I like Stevie's stuff better, that's all."

And you're giving your opinions right now, which is FINE and DANDY. Even if I wanted to silence you, I couldn't. But the fact that you are posting RIGHT NOW, is PROOF that your claims that I am "killing" your opinions--is just so much immature blather on your part. That's not an insult--just my personal opinion. Why am I not entitled to MY opinion? \:\)

You're not able to comprehend that YOU are the one who has a problem with MY opinions, I have no problem with yours.

I think it's WONDERFUL that you like Stevie's songwriting better, which has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not he's the best pop/rock pianist ever.

Now can we get back on the thread topic? It's time to move on. I'm not telling you what to do--just a friendly suggestion! [/b] \:\)

#1137665 - 01/02/07 08:56 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
Music Lover Offline

Quote:
Keep going fool, I'm lovin' this...........
Snappy comeback there, Mr. Fife! \:D

Keith who? :p

#1137666 - 01/02/07 09:25 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
pianokeys1000 Offline

Quote:

You're still typing away, son.
Son? Are you kidding? Totally unnecessary.

Quote:

How have I "killed" your opinion? You're still typing away, son. Mr. Chopin lover obviously doesn't agree with me in this case, but he is still posting away in this thread. I've "killed" nothing.
And look at what the thread has turned into.

Quote:

Even if I wanted to silence you, I couldn't.
True, you can't silence anyone, but you can undermine their viewpoints and insult their intelligence. You have done both.

Ryan

#1137667 - 01/02/07 09:56 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
pianokeys1000 Offline

Music Lover said:
 Quote:

You drew first blood...
Wow..

#1137668 - 01/04/07 01:52 AM Re: Best pop/rock pianists?
ipgrunt Offline

Loc: Western US

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
153 registered (36251, accordeur, AEMontoya, 89grand, 50 invisible), 1253 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75963 Members
42 Forums
157097 Topics
2307149 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Mooozart Effect
by Rich Galassini
Today at 06:13 PM
What would you do in this situation?
by CountSmith
Today at 05:55 PM
An aural and visual demonstration of the Skeleton.
by Mark Cerisano, RPT
Today at 05:09 PM
tunelab update
by michaelopolis
Today at 04:40 PM
Who makes ribbon moulding?
by Craig Hair
Today at 03:25 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission