Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1140076 - 02/17/08 11:06 AM A new Yanni
mini08 Offline

Loc: hong kong
I got tears in my eyes the first time I hear the piano piece "my lonely road".

Thousands of other people felt the same and I am only one of them. Not a lot of music we hear today got us all emotional and touches us so deep in our hearts. This song is about life, which is like a "lonely road" or journey. There are surprises and joyful moments as well as hard times, and we gain wisdom as we grow old. It made me think of the lyrics of the song "my way" sung by Frank Sinatra but this piano music says so much that cannot be described by words. It is truly beautiful, passionate and also poetic.

The video of the performance of this piano piece has been around on the internet for a few months and there are lots of comments from viewers all over the world. "Simply beautiful, soothing and kind of haunting at the same time", "I cannot believe the beauty of your melodies", "WOW!!! I have never ever been close to tears the first time I've heard any song, but this is so deep and emotional I was very close. If you ever could hear beautiful, this is it."

Music that is genuine and heartfelt usually comes from independent artists. The composer Ip Chui Han Amy (isisip) holds a bachelor of music degree from the renowned Berklee College of Music in Boston.
I love the other songs on her album as much as "My lonely road", it seems like there is a story behind every song. Some people compare her music to Yanni's. I like Yanni's music but I like "My lonely road"even more. The tracks on her CD "My music collection" include 5 piano pieces, "My lonely road", "Tears","The lotus flower", "Shadow", "The lover's kiss" and 2 instrumental compositions "Moon" and "Time Travels".

I think you will be touched by the music even if you are not a piano music fan, to listen to the songs, you can go to http://www.pianomusicdownload.blogspot.com

Piano & Music Accessories
#1140077 - 02/17/08 04:32 PM Re: A new Yanni
dannac Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: USA
Thanks .... just ordered one.

#1140078 - 02/20/08 10:35 AM Re: A new Yanni
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
She's a talented musician. The website lets you listen to clips of the pieces, and they're very nice. Not sure I'd compare her to Yanni, though; he's more synth and orchestral, and her work is more soothing, more like Brickman or Yiruma.

I always like learning about promising new age artists, so thanks for the recommendation. \:\)

#1140079 - 02/20/08 02:31 PM Re: A new Yanni
Cheeto717 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
It was a nice little melody, beautifully played. Not sure why people are acting like she's one of the greatest things since Chopin though. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome that she's doing this and expressing herself in the form of music. I'm sure she'll only get better with time.

PS: this is the only piece i have ever cried to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZnUMKCzsus
Brahms: Op. 120
Chopin: Op. 10

#1140080 - 02/20/08 02:47 PM Re: A new Yanni
mahlzeit Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Netherlands
Is this an advertisement?

I'm sure the music is awesome and I'm always supportive of artists getting their music out there, but I don't like the sleazy marketing tactic of pretending you "found" this cool site when you're the owner of that site or affiliated with it.

#1140081 - 02/21/08 02:55 PM Re: A new Yanni
mini08 Offline

Good music has to be heard and introduced, I'm not the only one who loves the music and recommends it to people.

#1140082 - 02/21/08 03:13 PM Re: A new Yanni
Sir Lurksalot Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I see that you’ve deleted your signature, which was the website to order the CD. If you’re affiliated with the musician, it would be more honest for you to say so. Pianoworld has disclosure rules for people who sell the products that they recommend.

By the way, the music is quite pleasant.

#1140083 - 02/21/08 03:46 PM Re: A new Yanni
mini08 Offline

I don't understand, is being a great fan of an artist mean "affiliated", if any of my posts, signature or anything are not welcome here, I will not post anymore

#1140084 - 02/21/08 04:40 PM Re: A new Yanni
Sir Lurksalot Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The websites people link within their signature line are often associated with their personal life or business. If that was not the case with yours, then I wonder why you deleted it. Regardless, you should feel welcome to continue posting interesting music here.

#1140085 - 02/21/08 05:47 PM Re: A new Yanni
mini08 Offline

As a matter of fact, I don't have my own websites so I put websites that I love. Now I know people might think I'm a salesman so I better delete it \:D
There are lots of music that are moving and touching, I love Paul Potts's opera singing, you can search him on youtube, not piano music but it is great great music.
By the way, I want people to buy music from artists if they like them because if nobody buys music anymore, there won't be any good music for us in the future. You may want to read this article: http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Is-Live-Music-Dying?&id=994419

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
> Robin Spielberg Playing in Maine! <
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
152 registered (accordeur, ajames, 36251, 41 invisible), 1953 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75483 Members
42 Forums
156065 Topics
2291766 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Where is the new blood?
by Markarian
07/22/14 03:53 PM
Please Help!!
by OliviaWalter
07/22/14 01:39 PM
Performing Chopin's preludes
by JoelW
07/22/14 01:31 PM
Stephen Hough - Advice for talented piano students
by fnork
07/22/14 12:58 PM
Getting started with MIDI: One question.
by 90SITA
07/22/14 12:46 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission