Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1141269 - 02/22/08 09:51 AM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Riddler Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Summary so far:

His ideas were often brilliant.

His manner was often offensive.

Suggestion: Supporters should put together a compilation of his best posts, with the offensive parts edited out.

This would prove your point.

It would also provide a useful guide to his school of thought, thereby salvaging something worthwhile out of this unfortunate series of events.

I'm not sure what form this would take.

Ed

My fingers are slow, but easily keep pace with my thoughts.

Piano & Music Accessories
#1141270 - 02/22/08 09:52 AM Re: Disciple has been driven off
btcomm Offline

Loc: California

#1141271 - 02/22/08 10:58 AM Re: Disciple has been driven off
J. Mark Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
... Is this what it means to be a New Yorker? ... [/b]
Absolutely not. The allusion to his style being due to where he lives was a sorry attempt at apologism for his boorish behavior. As someone who has lived in NY for over 27 years (15 of them in Manhattan and 3 of them in Brooklyn), I can tell you, this guy is *not* representative of New Yorkers. The New York "style" of being a bit brusque can put off people who are not from the area, but once you understand it, you realize it is tempered with a measure of (often self-deprecating) humor. In truth, New Yorkers are the friendliest people on earth (with the possible exception of the good Irish \:\) ).

Mark

#1141272 - 02/22/08 11:04 AM Re: Disciple has been driven off
pastafarian Offline

Loc: Canada
Riddler's idea is a good one, though I , for one, am probably too much of a beginner to profit fom most of his more insightful comments, particualrly in the area of jazz harmony.

I have read his threads and find nothing offensive in them, but then my ego is not at stake when someone claims to have played Chopin's Etudes as a child, because I can't play any of them and so have no pretensions of pianistic competence. I read it and think: "Wow, good for him(her).I suppose that's the level of techinical skill the elite players need."
And then "Of course this is the internet, so the claim might be nonsense..." and have lost nothing. I watched his video playing Tristano and thought: "Yeah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.", whereas the sceptics have offered nothing but talk, which is cheap.

As far as his disparaging comments about New Age music goes: meh, I don't like it either, whether it's complex or not.
I loathe Sorabji and love twelve-bar, three-chord blues: pile on the contempt, I won't take it personally and it won't make me reach for a Stravinsky CD over Muddy Waters.

I think Piano Dad's post illustrates the core subtext: people whose ego is tied up in their aesthetic judgements. Grow up.

I don't see Disciple as in the wrong here at all. He backed up his assertions with reasons, and as far as I saw he never attacked a poster personally except in self-defence and if he criticized someone's favourite type of music or composer, it was on grounds of musical sophistication, which adults know is independent of aesthetic value, which is subjective. Period.

My reading of this whole thing is that a few people whose egos are tied up in being the "big experts on the block", could not handle competition from an idiosyncratic outsider who bucked conventional wisdom and, perhaps indelicately, made hamburger of a few sacred cows.

#1141273 - 02/22/08 11:25 AM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Innominato Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
On the banning: it would be nice if some moderator would give "official" information about this.

Personally I am sure of having read from him that he would not write on this forum anymore, which he subsequently did; as a result, unless the contrary is said from the moderators I will assume that he went out of his own volition and can come back (as I hope he will do) anytime he wants.

On the quarrel himself, I would like to put my two cents again.

I can be Daniel Barenboim writing under a nickname, but if I say that I can do this and that and someone says to me "well, show us", I might want to do it or not, but really there's no reason why I should react so violently as he did.

It's the internet, people.
No one can see someone else in the face or hear him playing unless he wants. The request to hear what one is claiming of being able of is perfectly legitimate, as it is legitimate the answer "sorry, I do not think I have to demonstrate anything, you believe me or you don't". End of the story and have a nice day.

Disciple is, in my eyes, a very competent pianist, but should not have taken it as a personal offense that someone questioned the ability of a person claimed via the internet asking for the recording.

It would be different if I were, say, Daniel Barenboim and someone would write in the board "I heard you yesterday and you were crap": one has heard and spoken an offensive opinion.

But to say "I believe when I see it" should be nothing offensive, even Thomas made it up to Sainthood and no damage done...

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin

#1141274 - 02/22/08 12:08 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: So. California
Innominato, it is a certainty that Disciple was banned. It was claimed by Dnephi that he was being harrassed by personal PM's and that could have been the trigger or he could have requested the banning.

The PM, as I understand it, was just a repeat of what was posted on the thread (i.e. come to Queens re: the wager).

So that this discussion is not one sided, I will post a message from Disciple:

Quote:

Since he's the one that posted "I'll bet you my car that you can't play a
Chopin Etude of my choice", I don't see that as a threat in any way. Now, he's
posting on the forum that "I threatened him".

This wasn't about my being a primadonna. Someone posted about Liszt and
Chopin etudes and I answered "Being that I play all of these along with the
Godowski Variations...." and I started to give some pianistic insight into their
performance. Suddenly, DNephi and his pals jumped on me, "You can't play any of
these... we'll bet our cars that you can't play any of them".

Now this wasn't the first time DNephi had done this. On Pianostreet, he kept
claiming over and over that any of my sound files and videos were "sped up".
Fake! That if they were real, I was the greatest living pianist and nobody is
that good.

Frankly, the video didn't even show what I can do technically. That's not
what I was trying to do. I was making music not absloute virtuosity. I always
play well within the technical range of my ability and have plenty of headroom.
Even in the opening notes of my video.

So of course, I became miffed at people telling me what I couldn't play and
willing to wager over it. I accepted all wagers and they didn't respond of
course. I told them for their cars, I'd play all the etudes for them, not just one
of their choice. Hell, I'll play them backwards if they want me to if they
want to pay the first year's insurance for me on their cars after I win them.

Anyway, it's out of my hands. Pianoworld banned me.

#1141275 - 02/22/08 12:20 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
keyboardklutz Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: London, UK (though if it's Aug...
 Quote:
Suddenly, DNephi and his pals jumped on me, "You can't play any of
these... we'll bet our cars that you can't play any of them".
Well, that can't have been me. I don't even own a car!

#1141276 - 02/22/08 12:49 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
 Quote:
Originally posted by jazzwee:

So that this discussion is not one sided, I will post a message from Disciple:

Quote:

Anyway, it's out of my hands. Pianoworld banned me.
[/b]
Why would Pianoworld ban Disciple? That would be grossly unfair. He has not violated any Pianoworld rules as far as I can tell. Is there something we don't know?

#1141277 - 02/22/08 01:16 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
This may sound silly, but I don't understand the line, "Anyway, it's out of my hands. Pianoworld banned me."

If Piano World had banned him, how could he be on Piano World saying that Pianoworld had banned him?

Was that a PM? or did he really mean PianoStreet, and Pianoworld came out as a typo.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1141278 - 02/22/08 01:19 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Dad, this is from a private email he sent me AFTER he was banned. He is reading this thread but can't respond.

#1141279 - 02/22/08 01:22 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
keyboardklutz Offline

Loc: London, UK (though if it's Aug...
 Quote:
He is reading this thread but can't respond. [/b]
Yikes! This is just too freaky. I'm outta here.

#1141280 - 02/22/08 01:22 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Now if the arguments occurred on this forum, there probably won't be any banning since there's no active moderator \:D

#1141281 - 02/22/08 01:24 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by keyboardklutz:
 Quote:
Dad, this is from a private email he sent me AFTER he was banned. He is reading this thread but can't respond. [/b]
Yikes! This is just too freaky. I'm outta here. [/b]
He!he! You make it sound like there's a ghost out there \:D Klutz, just remember that everything you're writing about technique may still be read a decade from now...

#1141282 - 02/22/08 01:26 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Innominato Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: London
Thank you Jazzwee, but I feel confirmed in my opinion that the main issue was, from the side of Disciple, his proficiency being put into question. Which might be annoying, but again hey, it's the internet....

As far as the betting is concerned, I frankly do not recollect anyone betting his car first against Disciple, whilst I do recollect Disciple offering to bet his own car (or a sizeable amount of money) inviting his opponent to visit home in Queens.

Of course, one can edit messages without this leaving traces in his posting so it might well be that the betting initiative started from disciple's opponents; but still this is what I remember reading and whoever has started with the bet has certainly raised the level of the confrontation beyond the usual disagreement and into a highly emotional terrain.

I also do not think (and this is why I would have liked an intervention from the moderators) that disciple would or should have been banned for what he has publicly written in the discussion; if this was the case was, I beg to differ from the moderator's opinion and allow myself to publicly ask for the readmission of Disciple in this forum.

Anyway the expression "asked to be banned" seems a bit far fetched to me, being to me the same as "decided to leave without anyone forcing him to do so".

---------------------------------------------

My humble suggesion at this point is that Disciple speaks privately with the moderators - if he is in fact banned as opposed to "self-banned" - with a view of coming back to the forum, which I am sure would profit from his presence and his contribution.

Kemble Conservatoire 335025 Walnut Satin

#1141283 - 02/22/08 01:27 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
J. Mark Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Nonsense, guys. If he was banned, the PM and Profile functions would disappear from his old posts, wouldn't they? I'm quite confident he has not been banned. It's just a lot of phony childish drama.

#1141284 - 02/22/08 01:40 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
I dunno, J. Mark; if you search the community directory for either "Disciple" OR "virtuosic1" (his former login name), his profile doesn't come up. When I search for the name of another prominent former PW member who was banned, it also does not come up. I also don't see any reason why jazzwee would make up story about the email he got from Disciple.

I respected the *content* of what Disciple said, even when I disagreed with it, but I thought he was unnecessarily rude to forum members.

#1141285 - 02/22/08 01:43 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
jazzwee Offline
7000 Post Club Member

In answer to J. Mark, this is his words from another past email. BTW this email exchange happened a couple of days ago so I don't know if he's actively reading this thread or not anymore.

This is the last email exchange we've had and I have no further words from him on this subject. As you can see he encouraged me to post his words.

Quote:

Also, maybe you can somehow pass along that I didn't up and decide not to
post anymore. There's alot of people with the erroneous misconception that I left
like a prima donna and took my "toys" with me. I backed away for the evening,
but when I went to post the next day, my account was BANNED. I had to log out
to read the forum. I no longer have posting priviledges on that forum! I'd be
right there if the management didn't decide that they didn't want me.

#1141286 - 02/22/08 01:49 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Danny Niklas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
He is not been banned. (his account is still working and there's no sign of banning)
On pianostreet Disciple said that he were compelled to ask the moderators to ban him and to delete all his old messages. When all his messages disappeared he said "you see what you made me done?!"

Disciple don't stand criticism (constructive or not) and as soon as it occurs he run away and delete history of his passage. But I wouldn't blame others for this. The post where I and other members have quarrels are all there for anyone to read and I have never asked their removal.

Quote:
As far as his disparaging comments about New Age music goes: meh, I don't like it either, whether it's complex or not.
[/b]

That YOU don't like it is NOT a good reason to defend those who attack it, attack those who like it and gets offensive and aggressive if you disagree. What if something YOU like were attacked? What if you said "wait a moment I don't agree" and that triggered a seried of obnoxious posts on how ignorant you are, how you wouldn't know anyway anyway because you can't play this or that and how you just disagree for the sake of it?

#1141287 - 02/22/08 01:54 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
J. Mark Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Monica -- that was not the case a couple of days ago when I checked. Who knows. Frankly, who cares? I think I'll return to more pleasant topics.... \:\)

#1141288 - 02/22/08 02:01 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
that would be the path of wisdom for all of us.
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1141289 - 02/22/08 02:09 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Mr_Kitty Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
it IS just alot of phony childish drama. I couldn't agree with you more, J. Mark.
The reason I'M concerned is because PW may have lost an incredibly valuable member with much to share with the community.
I'm not looking to blame, attack, or defend anyone. I just hope the situation can be remedied, that's all.

#1141290 - 02/22/08 03:12 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
rintincop Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pastafarian:
Riddler's idea is a good one, though I , for one, am probably too much of a beginner to profit fom most of his more insightful comments, particualrly in the area of jazz harmony.

I have read his threads and find nothing offensive in them, but then my ego is not at stake when someone claims to have played Chopin's Etudes as a child, because I can't play any of them and so have no pretensions of pianistic competence. I read it and think: "Wow, good for him(her).I suppose that's the level of techinical skill the elite players need."
And then "Of course this is the internet, so the claim might be nonsense..." and have lost nothing. I watched his video playing Tristano and thought: "Yeah, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.", whereas the sceptics have offered nothing but talk, which is cheap.

I loathe Sorabji and love twelve-bar, three-chord blues: pile on the contempt, I won't take it personally and it won't make me reach for a Stravinsky CD over Muddy Waters.

I think Piano Dad's post illustrates the core subtext: people whose ego is tied up in their aesthetic judgements. Grow up.

I don't see Disciple as in the wrong here at all. He backed up his assertions with reasons, and as far as I saw he never attacked a poster personally except in self-defence and if he criticized someone's favourite type of music or composer, it was on grounds of musical sophistication, which adults know is independent of aesthetic value, which is subjective. Period.

My reading of this whole thing is that a few people whose egos are tied up in being the "big experts on the block", could not handle competition from an idiosyncratic outsider who bucked conventional wisdom and, perhaps indelicately, made hamburger of a few sacred cows. [/b]
That's exactly right.

#1141291 - 02/22/08 04:08 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
AD Offline

Agreed.
And love is a thing that can never go wrong,
And I am Marie of Romania.

#1141292 - 02/22/08 04:29 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
bitWrangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Central TX
 Quote:
Originally posted by Innominato:
As far as the betting is concerned, I frankly do not recollect anyone betting his car first against Disciple, whilst I do recollect Disciple offering to bet his own car (or a sizeable amount of money) inviting his opponent to visit home in Queens.
[/b]
Actually btb first makes the comment. However, I don't think the intention was to seriously propose a wager, more to emphasize the magnitude in which btb felt that Disciple was overstating his claims.

Personally I would have loved it if someone would have taken him up on his offer. Actually, not necessarily the actual bet, but if someone could have offered to come over and record the challenge. If Disciple was speaking the truth, he would then have video evidence and could hopefully then simple point anyone to the video and ignore them.

#1141293 - 02/22/08 04:35 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Danny Niklas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
 Quote:
Originally posted by bitWrangler:
[QUOTE] Personally I would have loved it if someone would have taken him up on his offer. [/b]
Someone did on piano street (he made the identical offer) but I don't think anything occurred eventually.

#1141294 - 02/22/08 04:55 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Jazz+ Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
More hearsay in an attempt to smear somebody who is gone. And "btb" the chappie started all that betting nonsense more than once.

#1141295 - 02/22/08 06:19 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
 Quote:
Originally posted by pastafarian:
....As far as his disparaging comments about New Age music goes: meh, I don't like it either, whether it's complex or not.
I loathe Sorabji and love twelve-bar, three-chord blues: pile on the contempt, I won't take it personally and it won't make me reach for a Stravinsky CD over Muddy Waters.....

[/b]
Hi, pastofarian.

I don't have a problem with people saying they don't like something. For instance, your comment that you "loathe Sorabji.." - I think that's fine. You are clearly stating your opinion. We're all entitled to that. If someone wants to say they "loathe" some musician/composer I like, well their entitled, that's their opinion.

To me there's a world of difference between how you expressed your opinion and how Virtuosic1 expressed his.

Virtuosic1 went on to demean and belittle. That's what I take exception to.

People who TRASH other people's work, etc., that's what I have a problem with.

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

#1141296 - 02/22/08 07:55 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
pastafarian Offline

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
That YOU don't like it is NOT a good reason to defend those who attack it, attack those who like it and gets offensive and aggressive if you disagree. What if something YOU like were attacked? What if you said "wait a moment I don't agree" and that triggered a seried of obnoxious posts on how ignorant you are, how you wouldn't know anyway anyway because you can't play this or that and how you just disagree for the sake of it?
 Quote:
I don't have a problem with people saying they don't like something. For instance, your comment that you "loathe Sorabji.." - I think that's fine. You are clearly stating your opinion. We're all entitled to that. If someone wants to say they "loathe" some musician/composer I like, well their entitled, that's their opinion.

To me there's a world of difference between how you expressed your opinion and how Virtuosic1 expressed his.

Virtuosic1 went on to demean and belittle. That's what I take exception to.

People who TRASH other people's work, etc., that's what I have a problem with.

Jeanne W
Hi Jeanne W, I guess I'll respond to these together. I agree with the first sentence. I didn't mean to suggest that. I was just being up front with my biases.

Had he said the same thing about the blues, I would have thought "Too bad for him that he can't appreciate the emotional depth in simple (simplistic?) musical forms." You could say the same for me wrt New Age and most of what ends up calssified as "Easy Listening" or "Adult Contemporary".

I thought he adopted a somewhat conciliatory tone with Monica K when it came to New Age music in general. I have to say I have heard nothing of the work of the composer he savaged, but most of what I have read of his musical analysis seemed considered and based on a fair bit of knowledge and experience. Doesn't make it The Truth, but makes it worth considering.

If you were offended by his manner, then you were offended. I suppose that makes him "offensive". I didn't find him that way but as you rightly point out, I never engaged him directly and he didn't insult me.

All that being said, the purpose of my defence of him is simple: I believe that he offered valuable lessons for those who shared his love of jazz and were able to profit from his insights. There is so much chaff on the internet particulalry on discussion forums, that any wheat should be treasured.

I have also learned that one needs a certain thickness of skin to post on forums. I try not to gratuitously offend people, but I have been on the receiving end of pretty insulting stuff. I reckon it goes with the anonymity of the medium.

#1141297 - 02/22/08 09:56 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Markeyz Offline

Loc: Seattle
Certainly there was poor behavior by a number of parties in the thread in question but I am personally of the opinion that banning Disciple is a punishment that vastly exceeds his crimes. It is probable that the majority of people on the classical forum have not seen the numerous lengthy and insightful threads that Disciple has started here in the non-classical forum and as such are not aware of his valuable contributions. I for one am prepared to look past his less than polite behavior (he is not alone in this category) in order to benefit from his thoughts on music theory, piano technique, and whatever other relevant topics he chooses to share with us. If he has in fact been banned I would urge the powers that be to revoke this punishment. The forum may be more contentious as a result, but it will also be richer for his contributions.

Marc

http://www.marchager.com

#1141298 - 02/22/08 10:04 PM Re: Disciple has been driven off
Jeanne W Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New England
hi, pastafarian:

you are right - some people's skins ARE thicker than others. I don't quite understand how anyone could NOT be offended by some of the things Virtuosic1 said. I do, however, agree with those who believe Disciple was treated harshly by some members on the classical forum. Seems to me some members went off and lunged for Disciple's jugular without much provocation. But then, Disciple returned the favor, didn't he?

As others have noted, it seems there are some pretty big egos in the classical forum and it can get pretty brutal over there. Jealousy and insecurity sometimes seem to rule. On the other hand, someone who comes onto the forum with claims of superhuman pianistical feats, is setting themselves up as a target. People are going to start wondering and asking questions.

wavelength:

Earlier in this thread I asked:

"what amount of *stuff* are/should we be willing to put up with for the sake of talent, knowledge, expertise? At what point does it - a person, sorry to say - become just not worth it?"

You asked if "the *stuff*" I'm talking about is someone saying they don't like a particular piano player, and added that "…doing without that *stuff* would reduce the discussion to triviality."

No, I was not talking about differences of opinions or likes and dislikes. I agree with you that differences of opinion can make for lively, intelligent conversations. And I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me or like the same music as me or get upset when people say they don't like or even "loathe" something I like. I'm talking about how a person expresses himself. There is a difference between a respectful discussion and disrespectful and mean-spirited one.

Jeanne W

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/8776.html#000000

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Question on Dampp Chaser installation
by electone2007
Today at 02:56 AM
Help to choose between upright Yamaha JU109 & Ritmuller110r2
by yurana
Today at 02:01 AM
I've got it! Who remembers that Steinway O project?
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 01:29 AM
A study of the practice behaviors of effective pianists
by lyricmudra
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Ease of play - Yamaha p35 or p105
by DeadPoets
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Who's Online
61 registered (AZNpiano, Anja, Alux, Al LaPorte, adrpiano, AtomicBond, 12 invisible), 1048 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76399 Members
42 Forums
157943 Topics
2319503 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission