Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1141728 - 02/25/06 01:52 PM Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Agathis Offline

Loc: Southwest
Hey guys, here is a file I got from a friends site. Elton on solo piano tour. Benny and the Jets, in the last half or so, he goes into Glen Millers In the Mood. What scorching piano playing. this is good stuff. Curious if you guys agree. Thanks

http://www.savefile.com/files/4862834

Piano & Music Accessories
#1141729 - 02/25/06 01:55 PM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Agathis Offline

#1141730 - 02/25/06 05:45 PM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
MikeMcf31 Offline

Loc: Northern NJ
I would sell my soul to the devil if I could play like that, I've listened to it 3 times in a row. He is awesome

#1141731 - 02/25/06 06:30 PM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Agathis Offline

yes sir! agree!

#1141732 - 02/26/06 12:14 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
pastafarian Offline

Loc: Canada
OK... I forgive him for both "Candles in the Wind" and "That's Why They call it the Blues". What an amazing musician...what timing...

Thanks for that Agathis. By the way: cool handle. Where does "Agathis" come from?

#1141733 - 11/19/06 07:34 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
MikeMcf31 Offline

Agathis, the link is no longer valid. Do you happen to have an MP3 of this? I am itching to hear it again! thanks
Mike

#1141734 - 11/19/06 07:44 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
LiszThalberg Offline
3000 Post Club Member

yes.... im an eager beaver as well
the link appears to be invalid!

#1141735 - 11/19/06 08:06 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Mountain Ash Offline

Loc: Canberra, Australia
You know for anyone remotely into Eltons music (or a complete basketcase fan like me), that site is a must visit.

http://eltonscafe.com/

Correct me if im talking about the wrong site.

[Edit] You wouldn't believe it but I was listening to the midi of that just this morning!

#1141736 - 11/19/06 10:15 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Agathis Offline

yeah, thats where the mp3 came from. glad to see another elton basketcase on here. i've learned a couple of Glenns transcriptions, they are great!i am trying to figure out which songs off of the new album to start learning. curious which one you will undertake as a pianist/singer from new record if any. (i put on host site because I'm not sure how keen people with sites are to hotlinking directly to songs on their sites...) i've learned most of this one but haven't delved into the In the Mood section yet. Needless to say, some of the rhythms took me a while but are neat when under your fingers.

http://www.box.net/public/m96v3hl4zn

#1141737 - 11/19/06 02:12 PM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
MikeMcf31 Offline

thanks agathis! man that fills my soul. going into my iPod. just great stuff

#1141738 - 11/20/06 01:43 AM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Mountain Ash Offline

Loc: Canberra, Australia
 Quote:
Originally posted by Agathis:
yeah, thats where the mp3 came from. glad to see another elton basketcase on here. i've learned a couple of Glenns transcriptions, they are great!i am trying to figure out which songs off of the new album to start learning. curious which one you will undertake as a pianist/singer from new record if any. (i put on host site because I'm not sure how keen people with sites are to hotlinking directly to songs on their sites...) i've learned most of this one but haven't delved into the In the Mood section yet. Needless to say, some of the rhythms took me a while but are neat when under your fingers.

http://www.box.net/public/m96v3hl4zn [/b]
Oh, do you think I should remove the link?

Um as for me I don't have the talent to play any authentic Elton John songs yet and simple arrangements dont interest me one bit. I bought the Elton John keyboard book and might look at some of those in the future when I get better.

The reason the site interests me so much is that it deconstructs Eltons playing of most of the pieces, and the mp3 and midi downloads are great fun to listen to.

Oh and I've got tickets to see him in concert (the Captain and the Kid tour) next month in Melbourne. I can't wait! :3hearts:

#1141739 - 11/20/06 02:51 PM Re: Elton John Benny and Jet's solo, boogies out big time
Agathis Offline

fantastic! curious how that show goes. elton had his great voice saving vocal surgery in australia if i remember correctly 20 years ago. anyway, nahh, don' remove the link, i am sure he likes the hits, i just meant not posting links directly to his songs which you didn't do .. ;\)

Moderator:  sharpsandflats 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
63 registered (Abby Pianoman, Alux, 16 invisible), 872 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75984 Members
42 Forums
157154 Topics
2308102 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New start - wish me good luck:)
by FarmGirl
08/29/14 11:21 PM
Automatic Piano Players...
by tksler
08/29/14 10:33 PM
No one home?
by ScottM
08/29/14 08:05 PM
Prokofiev's 5 piano concertos, live: Marinskij/Gergiev etc
by fnork
08/29/14 07:36 PM
Has anyone here studied with S. Babayan
by Serge Marinkovic
08/29/14 07:05 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission