Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1147137 - 01/01/06 07:48 PM How else besides composition of music do you express yourself creatively?
hanna2222 Offline

Loc: Northeast Ohio
I have noticed that people tend to be highly
creative in most areas of life, or else
relatively shut down and unexpressive in most
areas...
But that is probably too broad a generalization. Besides musical composition:
I like to create with color...painting,
sewing, decorating, gardening.
I also like to write poetry and prose, cook,
dance, and even became a clown to help
the blood drive for awhile.
Also like to create things in my work...
special projects, healing modalities, etc.
What other ways to you express your
creative energies? Do they come in waves...
for a time focusing in one area over another
and then cycling back? Or do you keep them
all humming pretty much at the same time,
energy permitting?
2. How he treats those who cannot
fight back.

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#1147138 - 01/01/06 08:44 PM Re: How else besides composition of music do you express yourself creatively?
kcoul058 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: UBC, Vancouver, Canada
every other part of life! to truly be a composer one must live and breathe creativity... find ways to make every single aspect of your life more creative... don't be in a routine any more than you need to - try every other art type, over and over, whenever the opportunity presents itself, even if you don't think you're good...

#1147139 - 01/02/06 12:35 AM Re: How else besides composition of music do you express yourself creatively?
Ted2 Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
I am creative in everything more or less. I use the left brain in creative activities such as writing algorithms (computer programmes)to compose and play music and produce abstract art. When I was young I thought a lot about mathematics and had a few good ideas. I might return to them when I retire completely.

#1147140 - 01/03/06 01:11 AM Re: How else besides composition of music do you express yourself creatively?
sarabande Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Mo.
hanna2222, It sounds like you have so many creative outlets you must never get bored. There's a lot of areas I would like to do more creative things in but there's never enough time so I think sometimes a person needs to focus on doing one or two favorite things to the fullest instead of a lot of things all mediocre or half-finished.

It seems like I'm an idea generator. I'm always coming up with great ideas but rarely turning them into realities. If I could come up with creative ideas that I could just sell the ideas and someone else implement them, that would be the life.

#1147141 - 01/03/06 05:26 AM Re: How else besides composition of music do you express yourself creatively?
Derulux Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia
I think in saying that I'm a martial artist, a writer trying to become an author, and a pianist, with a combination degree in business-marketing and mechanical engineering, that should pretty well show you I'm "just a little bit" diverse. ;\)

My ultimate goal is to see my life's work through in every facet of the creative process. It is currently in novel form. I would like to finish it, write the script, produce the movie, write the score, and even have an appearance on-screen in the film. I basically want ultimate and total creative control over the project, and think I might have enough talent to do it, even though it's not feasible to try to do it (insert "hours in a day" argument here). ;\)

I've written quite a few pieces for the piano, none of which I consider to be good. I'm working on finishing the bones of a piano concerto, of which the third movement is damned hard...I know I can't play it (yet). And I have a C-sharp minor fantasy of which I'm pretty proud, though I know it doesn't "change" enough for some people's tastes. ;\)

I've written and published four poems, though I have thousands of others stacked in notebooks around my apartment. I've written thirty or forty short stories, three of which are published, and many more are in forums around the internet, particularly Harry Potter forums because I like writing for kids every once in a while (though you'd be surprised the amount of adult feedback I get on those stories... ;\) ). And I have seventeen novels sitting on my computer in various states from "complete and editing" to "well, I wrote down the title, anyway". :p

So, that's a little about me. And I actually have to stress "a little".

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stay safe, Ottawa
by jehalliday
Today at 03:51 PM
Which Books did Chopin Study?
by Batuhan
Today at 03:12 PM
Study Group - Mozart Sonata n13 KV 333
by Doritos Flavoured
Today at 02:40 PM
Broken Wrist
by sonataplayer
Today at 02:26 PM
Music notation software on iPad
by Nordomus
Today at 01:38 PM
Who's Online
157 registered (accordeur, ajames, anamnesis, ando, 39 invisible), 1673 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76619 Members
42 Forums
158422 Topics
2326493 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission