2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
OP Offline
H
I have noticed that people tend to be highly
creative in most areas of life, or else
relatively shut down and unexpressive in most
areas...
But that is probably too broad a generalization. Besides musical composition:
I like to create with color...painting,
sewing, decorating, gardening.
I also like to write poetry and prose, cook,
dance, and even became a clown to help
the blood drive for awhile.
Also like to create things in my work...
special projects, healing modalities, etc.
What other ways to you express your
creative energies? Do they come in waves...
for a time focusing in one area over another
and then cycling back? Or do you keep them
all humming pretty much at the same time,
energy permitting?

The truest insights into a person's
character are two things:
1. How he treats people who cannot help him.
2. How he treats those who cannot
fight back.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
every other part of life! to truly be a composer one must live and breathe creativity... find ways to make every single aspect of your life more creative... don't be in a routine any more than you need to - try every other art type, over and over, whenever the opportunity presents itself, even if you don't think you're good...

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
I am creative in everything more or less. I use the left brain in creative activities such as writing algorithms (computer programmes)to compose and play music and produce abstract art. When I was young I thought a lot about mathematics and had a few good ideas. I might return to them when I retire completely.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" - Aleister Crowley
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
hanna2222, It sounds like you have so many creative outlets you must never get bored. There's a lot of areas I would like to do more creative things in but there's never enough time so I think sometimes a person needs to focus on doing one or two favorite things to the fullest instead of a lot of things all mediocre or half-finished.

It seems like I'm an idea generator. I'm always coming up with great ideas but rarely turning them into realities. If I could come up with creative ideas that I could just sell the ideas and someone else implement them, that would be the life.

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
I think in saying that I'm a martial artist, a writer trying to become an author, and a pianist, with a combination degree in business-marketing and mechanical engineering, that should pretty well show you I'm "just a little bit" diverse. wink

My ultimate goal is to see my life's work through in every facet of the creative process. It is currently in novel form. I would like to finish it, write the script, produce the movie, write the score, and even have an appearance on-screen in the film. I basically want ultimate and total creative control over the project, and think I might have enough talent to do it, even though it's not feasible to try to do it (insert "hours in a day" argument here). wink

I've written quite a few pieces for the piano, none of which I consider to be good. I'm working on finishing the bones of a piano concerto, of which the third movement is damned hard...I know I can't play it (yet). And I have a C-sharp minor fantasy of which I'm pretty proud, though I know it doesn't "change" enough for some people's tastes. wink

I've written and published four poems, though I have thousands of others stacked in notebooks around my apartment. I've written thirty or forty short stories, three of which are published, and many more are in forums around the internet, particularly Harry Potter forums because I like writing for kids every once in a while (though you'd be surprised the amount of adult feedback I get on those stories... wink ). And I have seventeen novels sitting on my computer in various states from "complete and editing" to "well, I wrote down the title, anyway". :p

So, that's a little about me. And I actually have to stress "a little".

Every day we are afforded a new chance. The problem with life is not that you run out of chances. In the end, what you run out of are days.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission