2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
34 members (benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, 3 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
OP Offline
I
So, Mozart's my favorite composer, and his piano works are my favorite. As a person going through rough times right now, nothing cheers me up like a Mozart work. smile

July 28th, due to some circumstances beyond my control, I was really down, and decided to sit down at my piano and tickle the ivories. We had no electricity, and it was incredibly hot and humid, so I just spent some time trying to come up with some stuff. With my love as inspiration, along with the need for something to cheer me up, I came up with this main idea, and have been tweaking ever since.

Twenty-Kate

Sorry for the low quality recording, not exactly professional equipment. :p The piano is also in need of a light tune as well.

So, about the piece. As I said, I am heavily influenced by Mozart, and I think when you listen to this, it's clear. No, not because it's masterwork, far from it, but it's got qualities, negative or positive, that may resemble Mozart. On top of that, around 2:25, I kinda give a little Eine Kleine Nachtmusik's 2nd theme.

I'd love constructive criticism in the sense of what you like and don't like, but let it be known now. It's very repetitious, I know that. It's very full of "pointless" scale-like figures, it's not imaginative. The "Finale" starts at around 2:51, and it's really just the same thing over and over, but making it somewhat climatic as it switches to eights, then to triplets, then to 16ths and 32nds. Basically, it's just me creating something that makes me smile. That was my aim. smile

PS, I named it "Twenty-Kate" as a pun, 28, the day of July I started the piece, and Kate, a special person to me. smile Really, the piece could also be called, "Rape in A-Major" because it's really just me abusing the A-Major scale. :p

Anyhow, tell me what you think. Should I make some sheet music and post it as well?

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by IpsoPhatso:
Basically, it's just me creating something that makes me smile. That was my aim. smile
And that's enough! smile

I don't know much about Mozart, but I liked your composition, it's very cheerful. thumb

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
actually it sounds like a sort of Polka dance music. and it could be cut in half and throw away the last half without missing anything.

J
J
Yea I can see the polka music, Its very energetic.. And the pace is kinda 1 way and thats it. The range is good. This is my first critique on this site so I dont know dirt from the ground btw smile

Its got a nice sound to it I enjoyed it. Very energetic and happy.

I like it much better than a lot of famous work by people like brahms and haydn. I ahve a lot of classical cd's in my cd player and if this was on it it would be one of my favorite songs.

You are very gifted

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission