2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (beeboss, Animisha, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, 3 invisible), 1,277 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bob Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
B
President Obama is opening the door for health insurance reform. Here is our chance to email the White House, Congress and Senate to voice our Heath Insurance issues.

Here's what I'd like to see:

1. No more pre-existing conditions - everyone will be insured regardless of health.

2. Every employed person is required to pay towards national health insurance at a set percentage of their net income.

3. If you collect unemployment, you also have health coverage as part of the package.

4. Deductibles should still be used as a means to discourage abuse of the system.

5. Incentives and penalties to discourage abuse should also be in place.

Right now, millions are being laid off, and cannot afford Cobra (even with the new 65% government subsidy). Millions are un-insurable due to pre-existing conditions. This will cost the country untold amounts of money as the uninsured show up in emergency rooms all over the country.

I'm encouraging all of you to voice your thoughts to the White House, Congress, and the Senate. It's just a quick email and the sites are found easily though Google.

Help make a positive change!!!

Thanks

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
That's a sore spot with many of us.

The uninsured, welfare recipients and illegals already show up in droves all over the country in all of the hospitals for their free ride. They know the system and ways around it better than you and I ever will. Ever been in an emergency room? 50 % of the people in there don't have health insurance and use the emergency room like a doctors office which is a big reason why there is such a long wait if you go in with an actual emergency. Guess who pays for it now? We do. Guess who pays for it after the change? We do. They get a free ride either way. They can't turn them away. Why do we have insurance when we can already get it for nothing like they do? Because we're ethical.

On average, our health insurance goes up 20-30 % a year. A lot of it is due to this sort of thing along with abuse of those that have a complete health insurance program included in their work force.

For example, I have a friend that gets two pairs of FREE eye glasses per year. He takes advantage of those two free pairs whether he needs them or not and has done so for years.

Blue Cross Blue Shield is one company that already must take you regardless of pre-existing conditions.

I've written my congressmen and women on a regular basis and still do so continually. So far, it's all been meaningless words on paper as far as I'm concerned with no listening ears on the other end.

Plus, I've compared answers via email with several of my friends who also write them. Guess what? We all receive the EXACT same generic email making it sound like they really care, or giving one excuse after another why they chose to vote for it when we asked them to vote against something. In all reality? None of them really gives a crap.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
B
Bob Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by Jerry Groot RPT
That's a sore spot with many of us.

Blue Cross Blue Shield is one company that already must take you regardless of pre-existing conditions.

Blue Cross just turned down my wife because she was taking embrol for psoriasis. Thanks, Blue Cross!!!!

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
No kidding????? I was told they couldn't do that! Maybe it depends on the state??? Or, I'm wrong! Wouldn't be the first time!

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Hey Bob, I was just reading this. Check it out once.

https://www.goldbamboo.com/lg.html?in=100002423492

Here's another more interesting one.

http://www.medsave.com/health-insur...cover-pre-exising-medical-conditions.htm

Under number 1.. Five Money-Saving Tips for Covering Pre-Existing Medical Conditions

1. Employer-provided group insurance is always the best way to cover pre-existing medical conditions. In the household where one member has a serious chronic medical condition, access to group health insurance is more important than other working conditions or compensation factors. If no one in your family is employed or employable, then your insurance options are more severely limited. Each state has at least one health insurance open to individuals with pre-existing medical conditions that will eventually cover pre-existing medical conditions. This insurance is very expensive. Applicants with a lower income and minimal assets should check with their local welfare office of the state insurance department for cost-subsidized plans.

Last edited by Jerry Groot RPT; 03/06/09 12:22 AM.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Jerry, that is great stuff you found. But the Blues are regulated by each state. Here is something that explains the situation in Florida, I wonder if this is what Bob is running into? Florida Insurance info

Last edited by guest1013; 03/06/09 01:49 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Bob,

Can you get insurance through the university that you tune for down there or are you not technically on staff there? Just another thought.

Interesting stuff guest.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Every employed person is required to pay towards national health insurance at a set percentage of their net income. Bob

EeeeYikes! No thank-you.

David L. Jenson
Tuning - Repairs - Refurbishing
Jenson's Piano Service
-----
B
Bob Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
B
Thanks, Jerry for all that good info. I'll look into it! I bring this up not just for me, but health insurance will be a big issue for the unemployed for the next couple of years.

Last edited by Bob; 03/06/09 08:52 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Let us know what you find out down there Bob...

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ummmm, does this have anything to do with pianos?

Jeff Deutschle
Part-Time Tuner
Who taught the first chicken how to peck?
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
For those of us that are self employed, health insurance is important because we pay of it ourselves and it is part of our business. We are trying to help Bob find something down there and I personally am curious as to what he may have found out about it.

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
B
Bob Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
B
Blue Cross, Humana, and Sigma turned her down. State insurance (Cover Florida) has all kinds of limitations and waiting periods, especially for pre-existing conditions. She will be finished with college in August, and should be employed with health insurance by September.

So....anyone taking Embrol for psoriasis should be aware, the insurance companies will reject you on that basis.

Every state should require insurance companies to accept pre-existing conditions. I'd like Obama to make that happen.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Every state should require insurance companies to accept pre-existing conditions. I'd like Obama to make that happen. Bob

On the surface, and in your specific case, that sounds like a good idea, but the State of Maine did that about fifteen years ago, and the resulting jump and meteoric rise in insurance premiums forced many self-employed folks out of the insurance pool. Ask me how I know. If you force a company to take risks it can't afford, the company will pass on the cost, and guess who pays?

Moving the scenario to a federal system with president hope and change, will tie medical care up in an impossible bureaucratic snarl that in the end no one is going to like.

All the best for your daughter, but be careful what you wish for.

David L. Jenson
Tuning - Repairs - Refurbishing
Jenson's Piano Service
-----
B
Bob Offline OP
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
B
That's why everyone who collects a paycheck has to contribute to health insurance premiums based on a percentage of their income. If everyone who works pays up, maybe premiums would be manageable.

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission