2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, benkeys, 17 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
X
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
X
So at the end of my lesson, I had just finished with Chopin's prelude in E major and I asked if there were any others I could start looking at. She pulled out the book and started flipping through thinking about which others I could do now, and after a little she said that I had really been proving myself to her these last few weeks that I can do more difficult pieces which she wasn't sure of at first. She said she sees now that I'll eventually be able to get more difficult pieces and she's gonna start me on Chopin's prelude in Eb minor and G major, laugh. I'm quite happy, I've really come a long way in just a few months of working with this teacher, I'm happy. I just thought I would share that with you guys here, :].

Chopin: Nocturne No. 15 in Fm. Op. 55 no.1.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Great news!! You must be very proud! There's nothing like a little positive reinforcement! Congratulations!

Best regards,

Deborah
X
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
X
I'm quite happy, this means I might actually make my goals of getting into UCLA...which right now I'm very far away from, and auditions are in less than a year. I couldn't have a better teacher though, so if I can get there then she'll be the one to help me.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That's great keep up the good work! I really enjoyed playing that G major prelude, hope you find it as satisfying.

I remember several weeks back you were having trouble with scheduling conflicts between classes and your private lessons? Or something to that effect? Were you able to straighten all that out?

Daniel

Currently working on:
-Poulenc Trois pièces
-Liszt Harmonies du Soir
-Bach/Brahms Chaconne for Left Hand
X
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
X
I just did a slow read through of the G major prelude and can tell it'll be a lot of fun, it'll be quite tough to make it as light and crisp as it needs to be! The notes themselves at a slow tempo aren't that hard, but playing them that soft will be a challenge.

And the teacher of the class basically told me that I don't need to show up to the class since it was just the required piano class and she knows that I'm well above the level of the class. I'll have to meet up with her soon so she can test me out of the class.
The conflict now is that my teacher plays for the San Diego Symphony and sometimes is to busy to schedule a lesson...right now my next lesson isn't till April 7th because I'm only free Tuesday and Thursday morning and Friday afternoons...all of which she has symphony during for the next two weeks. But I can email her with any questions I have and as long as i've got enough to work on [which I definitely do] I'll be fine having that long between lessons. Usually we can get one every week though.

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission