2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Carey, clothearednincompo, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, 12 invisible), 1,889 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 100 of 136 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 135 136
B
B
Hi fogandflower,

I wouldn't choose (C) coz it has rusted pins although it is 7 to 8 years younger.

Are they both just imported from Japan one, or had been in Singapore for a while? Is it indicated that the first owner (at the warranty card) as Singapore?

F
F
hi bihua, i think the pianos have been in Singapore for a while. The first owner are Japanese. The record is the tuning record.

B
B
(B) is better. But remember, any piano cannot last very long in Singapore normal household condition, at around 20 years with just heating rod, piano cover and occassional aircon because of our weather here. So try to choose the one that had been least exposed to Singapore's humidity in terms of number of years.

Bottom line is, choose the one you like, and if you've bargained for the price you want, go for it.

F
F
hi buhua, do you mean the piano should with lesser years in singapore will be better?

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Bihua
But remember, any piano cannot last very long in Singapore normal household condition, at around 20 years with just heating rod, piano cover and occassional aircon because of our weather here. So try to choose the one that had been least exposed to Singapore's humidity in terms of number of years.

May I know your reasons for saying so? And why the 20-year life-span? Why not 10 years or 30 years?

I know that with a heater, full piano cover and no aircon, the RH inside an upright can be kept around 60% or even slightly lower in most locations in Singapore (except places that face secondary forests, e.g. Bukit Timah). 60% is within the range recommended for pianos by even European manufacturers. May I know why you would not consider this acceptable for long-term?

Last edited by Roxane; 03/17/09 05:15 AM.
B
B
20 years is just an estimate. Below is the link which I asked about humidity months back when I was deciding to buy my piano, and wat i was advised...so I am just sharing it here...

https://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/201534/Searchpage/1/Main/15063/Words/new+Hailun/Search/true/Re:%20New%20Hailun%20125%20vs%2026%20yo%20Ya.html#Post201534

F
F
after 2weeks? or 3 weeks searching, i finally place the order on yamaha U3H. It will be delivered soon.

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by fogandflower
after 2weeks? or 3 weeks searching, i finally place the order on yamaha U3H. It will be delivered soon.

Congratulations! The U3 is a nice piano. Did you buy used or new in the end? Kay-poh minds want to know... grin

Last edited by Roxane; 03/18/09 04:45 AM.
B
B
Congratulations! 2 to 3 weeks of searching not considered long lah. smile I also KAY-POH....which one you bought in the end?

F
F
hi roxane, I bought a used one in the end.

Bihua, i bought the (B).

S
S
Originally Posted by chihuahua
Hi everybody,

Been busy practicing for lessons/exams bleh bleh bleh, got so many new songs to learn leh ... hiyah ... back to the topic lor, although I do not "love" the dealer (hint wink wink), I got to say the ABS action is far more responsive than say it's major competitor's piano action. IMHO, this is my opinion. Try it, then tell me if that's so. wink

Hello Senior!

I'm just a junior m'ber but would like to share my experience. I own a 3-mth old Kawai K8 (with ABS carbon action) and my sister owns a Yamaha U5 (no longer in sale but should be equivalent to YUS5). I tried Chopin's Black Key Etude (pretty fast piece) on both. Kawai does feel slightly more responsive but the difference is little. For pieces at moderate tempo, I bet you can't tell the difference. While Kawai may be superior in terms of repetitive action, it won't make a fast piece easier to play than say a Yamaha and nothing beats diligent practice in my opinion smile

F
F
[Linked Image]

anyone knows why the there is a small red thing in the middle? Is it original?

This is yamaha U3H.

Last edited by fogandflower; 03/19/09 05:54 AM.
F
F
[Linked Image]

T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
That is the damper.

Usually, there's two dampers for each notes. But the plate is blocking the dampers to be positioned below the first visual-able damper, so the 2nd damper has to be installed at the top.

My poor piano doesn't have that and that note just likes to sustain. LOL!

But I may be wrong. What I say is just my guess when I play around with my piano only. But I guess it shouldn't be off too far also.

Yo Junior!

Yep, nothing beats diligent practice in my opinion too, and very little "things" beat my favorite few - Bosendorfer Phoenix and the SK-X. laugh

Nevertheless, a poorly regulated and tuned piano will definitely "beat" my practice and performance. LOL!

Hiyah, I'm no fan of Robert lah ... you like Yamaha just look for Alex from Tampines or the Alex from Plaza Singapura. One is older while the other is younger lah ... haha! (fei4 hua4 right?) My technician from RP just visit me less than one hour in six months to tune piano only - not free some more. Got to get my own concert tech to regulate and voice some more. You think I happy customer?

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
F
F
hello tanjinjack, thanks for the reply. Seems Kawai don't have this kind of design.

B
B
hello tanjinjack, does that work the same way as the middle pedal of a grand piano. My poor piano don't have that function, only to make it softer to play at night.

B
B
hello fogandflower, the piano inside look nice leh, very clean. Can share more pictures? Hehe smile

F
F
only have two more. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Thanks for sharing the photos! Looks very new internally. Btw, your lace piano cover will not help maintain the RH within the piano – for that you need the full cover. However, the synthetic material used in commercial covers might not be the best for high humidity because I had some mould on the cover of my previous grand, which was not in air-con. On the other hand, with the cover I made (by my own hands, I might add) using cotton for my U3X did not lead to mould, and the best thing was that I could wash it as often as I liked, unlike synthetic covers that usually require dry-cleaning. Just a thought...

Page 100 of 136 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission