2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
41 members (alexcomoda, Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, 9 invisible), 1,157 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
ssw Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello,
I am not a piano player, and I really do not know allot about pianos at all. I do know that I am going to lose money,at this point it is just a question of how much.
I purchased an 1866 Chas M Stieff. I did some research before purchasing it,and thought I was making a good investment. My original plan was to completely restore it myself, (which I found out I cannot do properly). I did clean it up some, because it was very dirty. Anyway, shortly afterwards, I was laid off, so now I really need to get rid of the piano. I started out trying to sell it for $12,000.I am actually embarrassed to tell how much I paid for it. But, I guess that is how life goes.
I have had several appraises on description and pictures, and they were always between small to large amounts.
So, I want to ask the (Buyers) what would be a fair price to ask for such a piece? I have it listed on here for $6,000.00
It does need to be restored, and would be a really beautiful piece.
So, if anyone could please give me some input on this matter I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.
ssw

S
ssw Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello again,
Well, since I could not get any info on(how much money I am going to lose) I decided I may as well lose big! So, if anyone is interested in this piano, I listed it on e-bay (again) for 1 day, staring at $2,000.00--No reserve. there is about 5 hrs left on it, so , if anyone wants one heck of a deal, check it out.
I am going to go lick my wounds now. You all have a great day and a very prosperous year!!!!!!!!!

S
ssw Offline OP
OP Offline
S
WELL, I COULD NOT EVEN SELL IT FOR $2,000.0O.
SO, I GUESS I HAVE MYSELF SOME REAL EXPENSIVE FIREWOOD.
GREAT DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Someone here may be interested or know someone
or here I wonder if the folks who appraised it for you can find a buyer? It is a slow time in general.

Last edited by guest1013; 03/06/09 03:24 AM.
S
ssw Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your comment, I believe I will just give up on selling it, and maybe fix it up slowly myself,I was just trying to get rid of it quick,to get my mortgage payment, and get it out of the middle of my shop. Things always change from day to day. As they say, Something is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I'll leave it hanging, maybe the right person will see it. Indeed, times are tough!!!
So, I hope all of your tomorrows are better than your today!
Thank you.

T
T
You do not mention whether this is an upright, grand, or a square. In any case, antique pianos are of no value as investments because there is basically no market. Unless this is some unique rarity with documented provenance it is very likely worth very little to anyone other than dedicated collecters. I certainly hope you did not sink a lot of money in this hoping for a quick turnaround.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission