2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1177335 04/09/09 12:48 PM
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I've had a great buzz of excitement recently as a result of working on this little piece that I got in a book by Pam Wedgewood called 5th Avenue. I brought it to lessons two weeks agao and I'm delighted that its taking shape.

This got me interested to know if there are other books or pieces similar that I should consider. Let me know what you all think, please.

http://www.box.net/shared/rv92c3e7rv

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
RC,

That was very, very nice. I can understand why you want more pieces with those sounds.

I wish I could direct you to some interesting sources. Maybe you need to post the question in the Non-Classical, and Piano Teacher forums.

A Sudnow Method Fanatic
"Color tones, can't live without them"

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com
Ragtime clown.

If I am not mistaken this is a piece with a lot of septimes (sevenths??) in it. Correct??

I love the sound of septimes, especially in combination with a slightly jazzy sound.

There's 2 pieces I can recommend you. one is (maybe you know it) 'swinging sevenths' out of Alfreds book 2,

but...a lot better then that, more jazzy and beautiful is a piece out of Alfreds basic adult duet book, part 2 (a very nice book anyway, with very beautiful duet pieces that also sound great when you play them 'solo', like just the 'primo' part.

The piece is called 'Time and space'. I was more or less addicted to it for a while. It has a lot of sevenths, and this laid back, relaxed jazzy rythm. Much like what you recorded for your posting. You think you can lay your hands on that? I am sure you'd love it. The level is Alfred-2-ish so you (as a canon in D player) should be able to handle it!

Ingrid

PS.. I really need to get some recording stuff set up, however sloppy, because I'd love to let you hear it. Youtube gave no hits unfortunately

Last edited by IngridT; 04/09/09 04:23 PM. Reason: added ps

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission