2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
29 members (crab89, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, Fried Chicken, CraiginNZ, bwv543, Cominut, 9 invisible), 1,250 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It's been quite sometime since the MA-PW group has had the opportunity to gather.

Larry Buck is once again offering his piano shop in Lowell for a place to come together and share our piano passion around a 8'4" Schimmel grand!

This event is currently scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd; time=TBA

Is anyone else ready for a P-A-R-T-Y??!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sorry, Terry, but we will be in CT that weekend! Have fun!

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
S
S
It HAS been a while! Unfortunately, that's a very busy weekend for our family (my wife has a big conference in town). I have a meeting in Portsmouth, NH earlier that day, so I'll see if I can swing it.

Steve

Mason & Hamlin AA #92126 (2004)
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Aw, gee Irish, that's too bad. Hope all is well with you.

I hope you'll be able to make it Steve.

I haven't cleared the date yet, but always love getting together with the locals.

I'll plan on bringing hors d'heuvres.

We'll certainly be missing the MH tour this year. :-(

My vote would be an afternoon party time.

I'll post over on WTF for our PW coffee club members!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
I'll be there. Should I bring something?

Hi Lilylady. I agree the afternoon is best for me too. We can then start early and party all night. wink

John

Current works in progress:

Beethoven Sonata Op. 10 No. 2 in F, Haydn Sonata Hoboken XVI:41, Bach French Suite No. 5 in G BWV 816

Current instruments: Schimmel-Vogel 177T grand, Roland LX-17 digital, and John Lyon unfretted Saxon clavichord.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
MAK.. we'll miss you and the chef! Happy Birthday... hope your next 365 days is filled with much happiness!!

LL... yes, I was thinking later afternoon to start the gathering. I think a late afternoon/evening/late night combo would work!

John... maybe some of those delicious choco-chip cookies??!! We know what a wonderful baker you are!!;)

C
C
Terry:

Hope you received my private message relating to the event at Larry's. Both Naira Babayan and myself are planning to attend. I believe some others are arriving sometime in the afternoon. Please advise.

We are very much looking forward and excited about this gathering and getting to finally meet Mr. Buck and his friends.

Carlos Gueits-Bonilla
Rockville, MD

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Hello Carlos... I have received your PM and will forward further info to you within the next couple of days.

Lilylady and I recently traveled to a piano concert and enjoyed listening to Naira's cd while cruising up to Maine. Please relay to her our excitement in knowing she will be joining us at our next gathering.

Our local PW group is extremely fortunate in having Larry Buck sponsor these events at his shop. As with any event, there is a fair amount of planning and prep work involved. You will have the opportunity to view Larry's dedication to his trade while he is surrounded by a shopful of pianoholics! As always he remains cool, confident in his knowledge and always professional! thumb

Last edited by Terrytunes; 04/08/09 11:53 PM.
D
D
Hi Terry! I'm pretty sure I can be there.
(If you notice that I'm playing the same piece I played last summer, please don't tell anyone!)

Dale

I've been looking forward to the next party.

I enjoyed the last two very much.

Great time to meet people, getting a chance to try different pianos and sipping a little wine.

I'll be there

Dan Piano "Tinkerer"

Last edited by woodfab; 04/09/09 05:12 PM.

Dan (Piano Tinkerer)
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
I wish I could be there.

I'm blowing my travel budget on the concert in Colorado
( http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1175587.html#Post1175587 ).

However, I will be in New England for a wedding July 4th weekend, if anyone has any plans for a piano party around then :-)

Plus I expect we will be putting together a Mason & Hamlin tour toward the end of the summer, probably in August.

And... I keep hoping our friends down the Cape will be up for hosting another fall gathering soon.

Have fun everyone (I know you will), don't forget to take pictures, including the group shot under/around the piano.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Frank, we'll all miss you! Enjoy CO!

Great seeing a show of support for our next gathering. Thanks to all for your enthusiasm.

I hope we can also encourage some of the newer MA members to join us. You can check out past gatherings at Larry's shop in the Forum Gatherings and Parties section.

Please feel free to bring along family members, friends; basically anyone interested in a relaxed musical gathering around a concert grand.

Oh, and speaking of grands....

I ventured by Larry's shop yesterday and found him in the performance room tending to prep work on the Schimmel Concert Grand that we'll be gathering around.
[Linked Image]
(ok, I realize I didn't set the date correctly on my camera!!) wink

So, c'mon.. sign up and let us know you're planning to join the festivities! thumb

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Terry- Thank you! I'm sure this year will be just as good as the last!

We will miss being there. These parties at Larry's shop are always fun. Next time!

-Mak

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.
This sounds like a lot of fun! Being relatively new to playing, I have been hoping to meet some other players in the area. I may have a conflict however. My husband and I are having dinner with friends and seeing pianist Jenny Tang perform with violinist John Holland in Groton that evening.

If the party is in the afternoon, I hope that we can stop by for a while to say hello.

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Hi foxyw... I'll update the initial post with further info; time, address. But yes, please do stop by and check out our Lowell piano gatherings at Larry Buck's shop. It's a great opportunity to meet others who share your piano passion, listen to some great music and for those interested in technical aspects, Larry always has lots of ongoing projects to share.

And thanks for mentioning your evening plans. I just checked out the website for
Kalliroscope Gallery Chamber Music series which I didn't know existed. Sounds like your in for a delightful musical weekend adventure! I loook forward to meeting you! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
ok, since I'm not able to edit my original post, ( I guess that 6-hr time period I had read about is really true!!) I'll just add updates here. Anyone who has questions, please feel free to forward me a PM.

Piano Gathering - Larry Buck's Piano Shop

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time: 1pm

171 Lincoln Street (top floor)
corner of Tanner & Lincoln
Lowell MA978-458-8688

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Terry, Thank You for staying on this, setting it up and moving things along. The Piano World Gatherings here in Mass have been happening for a few years now and much is owed to you for that. There are many people involved in making this happen, Stevetunes and many others. The piano community here is fortunate to have such a dedicated group.

As I am talking to folks, I find that there will be many new faces at this gathering, some who have not been part of PW but do share the passion for the instrument.

I hope everyone will stop by, it is always a lot of fun.

This years, although with out the Mason tour, is shaping up to be the best yet!!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
http://www.facebook.com/EJBuckPerformances
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I will try to make it. Not sure if the family will join me. Looking forward to meeting people old and new.

I'll probably be a bit late as I have a rehearsal until noon. Can I bring something?

If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.
[Linked Image]
P
P
I'll be there along with my brother, Woodfab. It sounds like a great time, with some great people. Would love to get to play a piece or two on a fine piano.

Will bring wine, cheeze and crackers.

Looking forward to a fun afternoon,
PianoShel

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by rustyfingers
Can I bring something?

whatever you desire! good seeing your reply!

Pianoshel... welcome to PW!! Look forward to meeting you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission