Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1175838 - 04/06/09 11:00 PM WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA

It's been quite sometime since the MA-PW group has had the opportunity to gather.

Larry Buck is once again offering his piano shop in Lowell for a place to come together and share our piano passion around a 8'4" Schimmel grand!

This event is currently scheduled for Saturday, May 2nd; time=TBA

Is anyone else ready for a P-A-R-T-Y??!!

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

#1176039 - 04/07/09 11:02 AM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Sorry, Terry, but we will be in CT that weekend! Have fun!

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1176055 - 04/07/09 11:43 AM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: IrishMak]
sepstein Offline

Loc: Near Boston
It HAS been a while! Unfortunately, that's a very busy weekend for our family (my wife has a big conference in town). I have a meeting in Portsmouth, NH earlier that day, so I'll see if I can swing it.

Steve
Mason & Hamlin AA #92126 (2004)

#1176091 - 04/07/09 01:08 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: sepstein]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Aw, gee Irish, that's too bad. Hope all is well with you.

I hope you'll be able to make it Steve.

I haven't cleared the date yet, but always love getting together with the locals.

I'll plan on bringing hors d'heuvres.

We'll certainly be missing the MH tour this year. :-(

My vote would be an afternoon party time.

I'll post over on WTF for our PW coffee club members!

#1176097 - 04/07/09 01:14 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: lilylady]
John Citron Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Haverhill, Massachusetts
I'll be there. Should I bring something?

Hi Lilylady. I agree the afternoon is best for me too. We can then start early and party all night. wink

John

#1176457 - 04/08/09 12:02 AM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: John Citron]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

MAK.. we'll miss you and the chef! Happy Birthday... hope your next 365 days is filled with much happiness!!

LL... yes, I was thinking later afternoon to start the gathering. I think a late afternoon/evening/late night combo would work!

John... maybe some of those delicious choco-chip cookies??!! We know what a wonderful baker you are!!;)

#1176763 - 04/08/09 02:22 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
cg-b Offline

Loc: MD
Terry:

Hope you received my private message relating to the event at Larry's. Both Naira Babayan and myself are planning to attend. I believe some others are arriving sometime in the afternoon. Please advise.

We are very much looking forward and excited about this gathering and getting to finally meet Mr. Buck and his friends.

Carlos Gueits-Bonilla
Rockville, MD

#1177098 - 04/08/09 11:26 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: cg-b]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hello Carlos... I have received your PM and will forward further info to you within the next couple of days.

Lilylady and I recently traveled to a piano concert and enjoyed listening to Naira's cd while cruising up to Maine. Please relay to her our excitement in knowing she will be joining us at our next gathering.

Our local PW group is extremely fortunate in having Larry Buck sponsor these events at his shop. As with any event, there is a fair amount of planning and prep work involved. You will have the opportunity to view Larry's dedication to his trade while he is surrounded by a shopful of pianoholics! As always he remains cool, confident in his knowledge and always professional! thumb

Edited by Terrytunes (04/08/09 11:53 PM)

#1177340 - 04/09/09 12:55 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
DaleH Offline

Loc: Central Massachusetts
Hi Terry! I'm pretty sure I can be there.
(If you notice that I'm playing the same piece I played last summer, please don't tell anyone!)

Dale

#1177468 - 04/09/09 05:11 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: DaleH]
woodfab Offline

Loc: Stoneham, MA
I've been looking forward to the next party.

I enjoyed the last two very much.

Great time to meet people, getting a chance to try different pianos and sipping a little wine.

I'll be there

Dan Piano "Tinkerer"

Edited by woodfab (04/09/09 05:12 PM)

#1177512 - 04/09/09 06:54 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: woodfab]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
I wish I could be there.

I'm blowing my travel budget on the concert in Colorado
( http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1175587.html#Post1175587 ).

However, I will be in New England for a wedding July 4th weekend, if anyone has any plans for a piano party around then :-)

Plus I expect we will be putting together a Mason & Hamlin tour toward the end of the summer, probably in August.

And... I keep hoping our friends down the Cape will be up for hosting another fall gathering soon.

Have fun everyone (I know you will), don't forget to take pictures, including the group shot under/around the piano.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
And please invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield (southwest) let's get together!

#1177770 - 04/10/09 10:15 AM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Frank, we'll all miss you! Enjoy CO!

Great seeing a show of support for our next gathering. Thanks to all for your enthusiasm.

I hope we can also encourage some of the newer MA members to join us. You can check out past gatherings at Larry's shop in the Forum Gatherings and Parties section.

Please feel free to bring along family members, friends; basically anyone interested in a relaxed musical gathering around a concert grand.

Oh, and speaking of grands....

I ventured by Larry's shop yesterday and found him in the performance room tending to prep work on the Schimmel Concert Grand that we'll be gathering around.

(ok, I realize I didn't set the date correctly on my camera!!) wink

So, c'mon.. sign up and let us know you're planning to join the festivities! thumb

#1177975 - 04/10/09 02:52 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
IrishMak Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Terry- Thank you! I'm sure this year will be just as good as the last!

We will miss being there. These parties at Larry's shop are always fun. Next time!

1889 Mason & Hamlin screwstringer upright
Kawai MP-4 digital

---------------------------
When life hands you lemons, throw them back and add some of your own. Stupid life.

#1180423 - 04/14/09 06:51 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: woodfab]
foxyw Offline

Loc: New Hampshire
This sounds like a lot of fun! Being relatively new to playing, I have been hoping to meet some other players in the area. I may have a conflict however. My husband and I are having dinner with friends and seeing pianist Jenny Tang perform with violinist John Holland in Groton that evening.

If the party is in the afternoon, I hope that we can stop by for a while to say hello.

#1180498 - 04/14/09 09:27 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: foxyw]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Hi foxyw... I'll update the initial post with further info; time, address. But yes, please do stop by and check out our Lowell piano gatherings at Larry Buck's shop. It's a great opportunity to meet others who share your piano passion, listen to some great music and for those interested in technical aspects, Larry always has lots of ongoing projects to share.

And thanks for mentioning your evening plans. I just checked out the website for
Kalliroscope Gallery Chamber Music series which I didn't know existed. Sounds like your in for a delightful musical weekend adventure! I loook forward to meeting you! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

#1180508 - 04/14/09 09:46 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

ok, since I'm not able to edit my original post, ( I guess that 6-hr time period I had read about is really true!!) I'll just add updates here. Anyone who has questions, please feel free to forward me a PM.

Piano Gathering - Larry Buck's Piano Shop

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time: 1pm

171 Lincoln Street (top floor)
corner of Tanner & Lincoln
Lowell MA978-458-8688

#1183457 - 04/19/09 12:39 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lowell MA
I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Terry, Thank You for staying on this, setting it up and moving things along. The Piano World Gatherings here in Mass have been happening for a few years now and much is owed to you for that. There are many people involved in making this happen, Stevetunes and many others. The piano community here is fortunate to have such a dedicated group.

As I am talking to folks, I find that there will be many new faces at this gathering, some who have not been part of PW but do share the passion for the instrument.

I hope everyone will stop by, it is always a lot of fun.

This years, although with out the Mason tour, is shaping up to be the best yet!!

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
facebook.com/E. J. Buck & Sons Performances

#1187138 - 04/25/09 01:15 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Larry Buck]
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I will try to make it. Not sure if the family will join me. Looking forward to meeting people old and new.

I'll probably be a bit late as I have a rehearsal until noon. Can I bring something?

#1187375 - 04/25/09 07:58 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: rustyfingers]
Pianoshel Offline

Loc: Everett, MA
I'll be there along with my brother, Woodfab. It sounds like a great time, with some great people. Would love to get to play a piece or two on a fine piano.

Will bring wine, cheeze and crackers.

Looking forward to a fun afternoon,
PianoShel

#1188662 - 04/27/09 09:03 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: rustyfingers]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: rustyfingers
Can I bring something?

whatever you desire! good seeing your reply!

Pianoshel... welcome to PW!! Look forward to meeting you!

#1189512 - 04/28/09 11:36 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
Piano World Offline

If I hadn't spent so much money on my trip to Colorado, I'd be there.

Have fun everyone (I know you will), and don't forget to take lots of pictures, including the all important group shots.

Make sure everyone plays too, no excuses.

When I was in Colorado I played in front of Jeffrey Biegel (concert pianist, recording artist, composer)[ www.jeffreybiegel.com ], and Steve Barta (jazz pianist, recording artist, composer, author) [ http://www.stevebartamusic.com/recordings.htm ]

Larry, if I don't see you before, I'll see you around the 4th of July when we come up that way for a wedding.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#1190698 - 04/30/09 03:52 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Looking forward to the get together and meeting up with new piano friends. We will miss you Frank, and the MH tour.

I am making herb filled meatballs as I write. However I just thought of the problem of heating them at the party. Does anyone have an extra heating unit (like a crock pot) that they can supply for sure? Or an other idea other than eating them room temp or cold (which are also good!)?

Please respond here or PM me.

Thank you.

#1190704 - 04/30/09 04:04 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: lilylady]
Piano World Offline

Originally Posted By: lilylady

I am making herb filled meatballs as I write. However I just thought of the problem of heating them at the party. Does anyone have an extra heating unit (like a crock pot) that they can supply for sure? Or an other idea other than eating them room temp or cold (which are also good!)?

Please respond here or PM me.

Thank you.

Sure,
Send them to Pompano Beach, FL
I'll be happy to take care of heating them up :-)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#1190725 - 04/30/09 04:28 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

No, no, no....Frank...

That will just not do!

You'd be the only one to get to eat them there...

and besides....these are reserved for the players attending - past players please do not apply!

HA HA HA!

Well, and anyone who wants them - but you must BE THERE.

Somehow, I am not sure that there will out do my SALSA but we'll see!

#1190729 - 04/30/09 04:34 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: lilylady]
Piano World Offline

Does it count if I play via Skype?
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#1190847 - 04/30/09 08:13 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Frank.. shd I bring my webcam so we can share an official toast in your honor??!!

LL... crockpot has been placed in Saturday's lineup of party supplies! herbal meatballs....MMMmmmmmmm thumb

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

A441 aka Jerry Gloo and Ed B will be driving up together from the Cape to attend the gathering!!

YIPPEE!!!!

Jerry... don't forget your sheet music!! grin

#1190852 - 04/30/09 08:26 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Terrytunes]
Piano World Offline

Seriously though (sorta),
I'm testing out Skype, hopefully later tonight with a member in Australia.

And, there's a chance my friend Kathy will be here this weekend.

If Larry has a web cam and a Skype hookup, we could "drop in" :-)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#1190906 - 04/30/09 10:32 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
Larry Buck Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lowell MA
Hi Frank,

My laptop does have a web cam. I have never used it but I could probably figure it out.
Skype, on the other hand, what's that?

I'll google it and check it out.

BTW Frank, I don't know that we have ever had a gathering with out you?

E. J. Buck & Sons
Lowell MA 01852
978 458 8688
www.ejbuckpiano.com
facebook.com/E. J. Buck & Sons Performances

#1190916 - 04/30/09 10:45 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Larry Buck]
Piano World Offline

Skype is a free program for video conferencing.

We are trying it out because there are some people who would like to use it
for teaching lessons to students from across the country and around the world.
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1178359

I tried it tonight with a member in Australia (thanks Rob), worked great (except I couldn't figure out how to make myself look thinner).

My Skype id is pianoworlddotcom

Sorry I won't be there in person, could have made it if I hadn't spent the money on the Colorado trip.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld

#1190922 - 04/30/09 10:52 PM Re: WANTED: Piano Party Gatherers - Lowell, MA [Re: Piano World]
rustyfingers Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
I can bring my laptop, built in webcam, skype already setup.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A study of the practice behaviors of effective pianists
by lyricmudra
Today at 10:37 PM
Ease of play - Yamaha p35 or p105
by DeadPoets
Today at 10:37 PM
piano beats in groups
by SKJP
Today at 09:42 PM
What to look for in a keyboard
by Tikki56
Today at 06:30 PM
Christmas duets for Student and Teacher
by Purpl3keys
Today at 06:24 PM
Who's Online
122 registered (ajames, 33 invisible), 1351 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76396 Members
42 Forums
157937 Topics
2319437 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission