2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,941 guests, and 259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Did anyone attend the PTG's Mid-Atlantic regional convention the last weekend in April in Harrisburg, PA? Any interesting news or presentations?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yes, I did. I was wondering if anyone would post about it. It was excellent--we had the opportunity to take 10 classes over 2.5 days with some very fine and accomplished techs (most of whom were also good teachers!). I wish I could have taken every class, but in some cases I had to choose between several that appealed to me. I definitely came back with renewed enthusiasm for learning my craft. Also lots of interesting stuff going on in the Exhibit Hall, book signings, door prizes, etc. I didn't think I won anything, but a few days after I got home I got a box of Dampp-Chaser pads in the mail. I thought it was a mistake, but it turned out I won them in a draw!

Anne Francis
Piano Tuner-Technician

Check out my blog! www.annefrancis.ca/blog

1906 Heintzman upright (rebuilt)
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
The MARC was, once again, a class act. It is the best run Convention, if you ask me. That is why they are always able to draw in so many top notch presenters which brings in a lot of attendees.

They feed you and give you treats & snacks and coffee, among other perks. I was happy to be able to meet some techs I had only met online here on PW (Hi Anne, Hi Kenny) as well as a lot of students from NBSS and UWO.

They raffled off a ticket to attend the Europiano convention and tour the Petrof factory. The draw was pretty exciting. The first person drawn had already gone home (too bad - you have to be present to win) the second person drawn could not go (no passport) but finally a winner was drawn.

JG
B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
I had a great time there as well, and it was a pleasure to see Jurgen again and have Anne as a new friend. My favorite class, and the reason I registered last October with enthusiasm, was Steve Brady's full-day class on concert prep of pianos (and pianists -- there may be more dissonances to cope with than just the ones in the pianos). I've already been able to use the information Steve gave in order to make a piano more playable for a concert this past weekend. And I got a new tuning hammer -- I always seem to get a new tuning hammer!

Dorrie Bell
Bell's Piano Service
Boston, MA

Dorrie Bell
retired piano technician
Boston, MA
A few thoughts on MARC...

I thought David Snyder had one of the nicest Stwy M's I've ever heard; really brings a great name to quality rebuilding. This piano also featured the relatively new LX player system, which seems to be designed with the music connoisseur in mind.

It was great to see the work that Bill Shul, Lawrence Libin and Larry Buck are doing on the importance of documenting historical instruments.

David Stanwood has an unbelievably new clever contraption for changing the key proportion/leverage on a piano action.

It's difficult to keep up with WNG and the genius of Bruce Clark with their exciting new product line of action parts and supplies.

Chris Brown of Concord Piano has designed an amazing action bench which will be manufactured by Mike Morvin of Blackstone Valley Key.

Roger Jolly and friends brought their new 5'3" Knabe. Klavierhaus had a wonderfully restored Stwy D.

Great friends, classes, exhibits, food and libations...much more that I missed, I’m sure. Compliments to the MARC staff.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, Inc.
www.absolute-piano.com
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Hello Jude,
Welcome to Piano World. Piano World, let me introduce you to Jude. His business Absolute Piano specializes in high quality rebuilds and repairs. As well, Jude also fabricates soundboards and does other custom work for piano technicians in the right half of the country, geographically speaking.

Most importantly, Jude is not only a well seasoned piano technician, he is also a very decent human being.

I hope the exposure to PW doesn't change that... :^)

JG

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission