2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1194389 05/06/09 10:34 AM
G
Giorgi Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello!!!

Can anyone give me an advise, how can I sell my grand piano "AUGUST FORSTER"?

Giorgi #1194399 05/06/09 10:58 AM
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Several recent posts on selling pianos this past month. Check the SEARCH archives above or just go back into a few pages of posts!

Place an ad right here on PW.

Place an ad in your paper.

Place an ad on Craigslist (if you have one - you don't mention where you live)

Good luck.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
G
Giorgi Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks lilylady

Giorgi #1194457 05/06/09 12:49 PM
S
S
Piano World is a great place to sell a piano but beware of the scammers who will contact you.Same thing with any place on the web.

Go to Pianomart.com and place an ad.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Busy Bee
Go to Pianomart.com and place an ad.

That IS a possibility Busy Bee, but did you read this very recent post from Frank (PW owner) in response to another recent 'where do I advertise' post?

QUOTE:

"Just make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
I know the fine folks at PianoMart do a good job, but they approach things differently from us.

First, they are still showing ads from up to a year ago, hence the bigger lists. We typically cut off ads by 90-100 days. If haven't sold your piano by then, you probaly don't have it priced right.

Second, they charge 3% of the selling price.
For a $20,000 piano, that's $600.00, we charge $9.95 (plus $2.50 each if you add pictures). We don't charge any commission percentage.

Either way, good luck selling your piano."

Besides it would be nice that one supports the forums where you come and participate and ask questions! And $10 compared to $600 is a lot of muhla! ;-)

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
G
Giorgi Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone

Giorgi #1194990 05/07/09 11:03 AM
Lily lady, pianomart has so many more pianos added daily, not the old ones, just look at the new ones. Do you really think anyone pays the 3%? I'm not saying not to, but I surely doubt people do cause how would anyone know if you sold the piano because of pianomart?

Secondly, 90-100 days is not enough time to sell a piano then decrease the price. I don't agree with Frank's take on that.

There's nothing wrong with support, but I don't think Pianoworld is an okay place to sell your piano, but probably worth $10. I think pianomart is the best place then craigslist. JMO.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Busy Bee
Lily lady, pianomart has so many more pianos added daily, not the old ones, just look at the new ones. Do you really think anyone pays the 3%? I'm not saying not to, but I surely doubt people do cause how would anyone know if you sold the piano because of pianomart?

They know because if you tell them you bought a piano that was listed they will pay you something when they confirm the sale.

Oh, I see...

Giorgi:

Let me reiterate that you will almost certainly be contacted by scammers. I've got my Bluthner for sale and have been contacted twice recently by would-be "buyers" claiming to be men of the cloth. I love their names: eg. "Rev. Mark Daniel". Because I haven't responded to their emails, I don't know what their scam is, but you can just tell from the spelling and syntax of the message that something isn't right. So, be careful!

Also be ready for some good hearted, but flakey, folks to express interest.

Good luck!

Bosendorfer 225
Bluthner Style 9 (Model 4)
SHPiano #1195681 05/08/09 02:05 PM
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
The scam to which SHPiano refers usually involves someone in a foreign country who simply MUST have your specific piano (often for his church), and is willing to pay thousands of dollars extra shipping (often provided by a wealthy parishoner). They'll send you a certified check or cashier's check. You're supposed to cash it, keep the piano money, and wire/send the excess funds to their specified freight courier. Once the bank figures out that the check (which usually looks very real) is fake, you've already sent your money.

There is an overseas product purchase scam hitting America hard.

Here is one example of how it works.
----------------------------
Bandits from foreign counties steal American credit cards and bank account details. They can’t just “Western Union” the money from a bank account or credit card in the USA from overseas; they need a ponzi in the USA to do that for them so the bank will release the cash.

You put something for sale on EBay, Craig’s list or other online ad and people from foreign countries contact you and buy your item using the stolen cards or bank accounts. They normally say “don't ship anything” and that they will have somebody pickup the product later after the transaction is complete. Real money is transferred from the stolen accounts to your account to cover the product as well as the costly delivery charges. They can do this part easily from outside the country.

After you get the money the bandit will tell you it’s cheaper and fastest to schedule and pay for shipping from within the USA then from overseas, which is why extra money got transferred into your account. You then are told to send the extra cash to cover pickup and delivery to another money handler in the USA. You might checkup on this money handler person but they will checkout just fine because the money handler is also a ponzi. The money handler (middle man) is being promised “Work from home” monthly or quarterly cash commission. The money handlers are instructed to then Western Union the cash to an overseas contact.

All this swindling is being done without you really knowing anything is wrong. You just know you have more then enough cash in your account to cover the product and the costly shipping. You gladly take out the extra cash and Western Union it to the middle man thinking you have just sold your product for full price and you’re helping them pay for the pickup and shipping from within the USA.

Here is where the scam surfaces. Nobody ever shows up to pickup the item you sold. You find you have nobody to contact. If you can find the middle man he will only inform you that he forwarded the money to an overseas contact that only exists as an email and can’t be traced.

A month later the bank finds the fraud and you are left owing the money back to the source bank because you’re the one that took the money out of the bank and gave it to the middle man or bandit. The money handlers are not normally charged with any theft because they didn’t take any money from the banks directly and most money handlers never see their commissions unless they are used frequently by the bandits. You may still have a big chunk of the cash in your account for the purchase price of the product but not the shipping costs. You will owe all of the cash back to the bank! You are the thief in this scam as far as the bank and US laws are concerned.

It’s a shame but genius really.

Prof. Pickles
Schimmel SP189 Konzert Diamond Edition 2004 {Photos}
A
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Wow.
Genius or not, it's despicable. What would the world look like, i wonder, if we all treated each other with love, respect, dignity and honesty? You'd probably see alot more smiling faces.

Jazz/Improvising Pianist, Composer, University Prof.
At home: C. Bechstein Concert 8, Roland RD88
At work: Kawai GX2, Dave Smith Prophet Rev2 16-voice
AJF #1196070 05/09/09 08:47 AM
G
Giorgi Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It's very nice you are helping me.
I want another help:
can anyone help me find AUGUST FORSTER catalog, where will be all grand pianos by this manufacturer.

Please!!!

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission