2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (AlkansBookcase, brdwyguy, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 36251, benkeys, clothearednincompo, bcalvanese, booms, 10 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
S
Many of you know that there have been electronic recitals commemorating the dates of Chopin's birth and death in which PW members have participated. Mazurkas, preludes and etudes have been done in the past, and are hosted at the Chopin Amateur Recital Website.

Next spring, there will be another e-cital—a brief announcement was made here last March—featuring Chopin's works other than mazurkas, preludes, etudes, waltzes and nocturnes. That leaves a considerable number of pieces to choose from—large and small, with a wide range of challenges—including many of his finest compositions.

This is from the Chopin E-cital Spring 2010 thread:

Originally Posted by mary-rose
[W]e will be holding an ecital on 1st March 2010 to which we invite larger submissions from more advanced players. There are plenty of those! Eg: Ballades, Scherzi, Impromptus, Polonaises, Rondos, movements from the Sonatas and individual works such as the Barcarolle, the Berceuse, the Tarantella, the Fantaisie, the Concert Allegro and the Bolero etc. There is plenty to choose from.

At this point in time, many excellent selections still haven't been spoken for. The present roster (at the end of that thread) is as follows:

Allegro de Concert – Sotto Voce
Ballade no 1in G minor op 23 - Tucsonpianist
Ballade no 2 in F major op 38 – Liszt Addict
Berceuse Op 57 - akonow
Concerto Op 11, Larghetto – Frycek
Concerto Op 21, Larghetto - Chardonnay
Impromptu in A flat Op 29 – greywullf
Impromptu in G flat Op 51 - carey
Polish Song (which one yet to be revealed) – Elene
Polonaise in A Major Op 40 No 1 – ab-ster
Polonaise in F sharp minor, Op 44 – Horowitzian
Polonaise-Fantaisie in A-flat Op. 61 – davidyko
Prelude Op 28/13 plus Etudes 10/8 and 25/10 – Black36White52
Scherzo in B flat Op 31 – DameMyra

Much great stuff is still available, and there's nearly 10 months to prepare for the event. If you want to reserve a piece, post your interest in the Chopin E-cital Spring 2010 thread.

Electronic recitals are a lot fun, so give yourself a goal (or polish up a warhorse from your past) and go for it!

Steven

X
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
X
I could possibly do one of the Impromptu's, but they aren't on the top of my list to Chopin to learn...and all the piece that are on the top of the list are to hard for me to do right now, beside nocturnes which you won't take here! Dang. there's always the slim chance that my teacher will deem me ready for a Scherzo or something after the summer, but I doubt it right now with how everything is going. Most likely I won't be able to start Scherzi or Ballades till next year around the time of the ecital. I'll be excited to listen though!

Chopin: Nocturne No. 15 in Fm. Op. 55 no.1.
N
N
Very nice opportunity for us to commemorate this occasion. I'm tempted to use this to motivate myself and brush up the Variations on Je vends des scapulaires.

Jack
M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
xxmynameisjohnxx, we are having a Nocturne ecital in October - to commemorate Chopin's death which was 160 years ago this coming October. There will be some left over: see
Nocturne E-cital October 2009

nlogn - those Variations would be nice and unusual. Do please brush them up! But you need to write your intentions on the official thread, of which Sotto Voce kindly provided the adddress above.

F
F
Aw, I wanted to do the Ballade! frown My second choice, the Scherzo No. 2, was also taken! Maybe I can do Ballade 4...

Last edited by Fredil; 05/12/09 11:59 PM.
S
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
S
The Barcarolle, Bolero and Tarantella are still up for grabs. They comprise a wide range of musical variety and technical challenge, and any of them would be an exciting choice for an enthusiastic fan.

And who could resist the siren call of the Fugue, which presently remains unclaimed as well? smile

Steven

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by sotto voce
The Barcarolle, Bolero and Tarantella are still up for grabs. They comprise a wide range of musical variety and technical challenge, and any of them would be an exciting choice for an enthusiastic fan.

And who could resist the siren call of the Fugue, which presently remains unclaimed as well? smile

Steven

And let's not forget the Andante Spianato and the wonderful Variations sur un air national allemand!

Bach - WTC I in C major & C minor (BWV 846-847)
Mozart - Sonata K 282
Chopin - Polonaises Op 26
Schumann - Fantasiestücke Op 12

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission