2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Babama, you did an amazing job! Very good interpretation.

Last edited by GreenRain; 05/15/09 03:55 PM.
H
H
I have just listened to the first 40 pieces, and I gotta say I'm in awe. It's full of good and healthy stuff! grin I've enjoyed each and everyone of them. Once I've downloaded all of them, they're going to my mp3 player. thumb

Steven - videogame and anime pianist...
[Linked Image]
H
H
01. AnthonyB - Una Mattina Whatever people say about Einaudi, it was beautiful. And a nice view out the window in the video. Well played AnthonyB.

02. jazzyprof - Intermezzo op.118 #2 Brahms, eh? I'll have to put that on the list of wish I could plays. Very nice.

03. epf - Andante from Orpheo ed Euridice Was the hamburger as tasty as your playing?

04. rustyfingers - Arietta (8 Lyric Pieces, Op. 12, No. 1) Lovely. I obviously missed reading previous recital entries and the stipluation to include what we ate. smile

05. Carl Mc - Summertime.reflection Nice take on Gershwin's piece. Some really nice mood created.

06. tekkie - Opus #9 Nice mood here. Well played.

07. Riddler (Ed) - Tenderly Smooth. You need to give some props to the bandmates behind you. Nice phrasing in the improv. Really nice.

08. dannylux / Mel - Nazareth: Confidences I have to agree with the liberal use of rubato for feeling in this music. Gives it a very nice, almost swinging feel, with exaggerated ballroom-like drama. Nice.

09. Ode2Joy - Two Part Invention in F major, No 8 Nice articulation Monica. Smoothies for Bach. I'll have to try that. I dream of playing Bach that well.

10. Ken. - Medley: Soldiers' March, Op.68 No.2 & 12 Easy Pieces, No.2 These fit together really nicely Ken.

11. Ejay - FairiesHarp(Thompson)& Little Sonata (Wilton)Ist Movement I know Fairies Harp all too well, having learned from that book as well and now getting my wife through it. Good feel in the hands and nice tonal variations in both pieces.

13. Sam Smith - Prelude 21 from WTC #1 Thumbs up. The fingers go plenty fast. Nicely done.

14. TrueBeginner - Trip To Venice ( Voyage A Venice ) Nice piece. And great work for only a year behind the piano. Just don't cut the recording at the end, let the piano's resonance finish off.

15. Mr Super-Hunky - True Story Nice phrasing. I am jealous of the ear-playing ability.

16. Peyton - Tear My Stillhouse Down It was worth the wait. Well worth the wait. Can you visit St. John's and give me some blues piano lessons?

17. Schubertian - Allegretto D. 915 I am so unfamiliar with Schubert's music. I really liked the descending passages.

18. Lisztener - If You Go Away I can really hear a joy of this music in your playing. A very thoughtful interpretation.

19. GreenRain - Sonata Op. 35, 3rd mvt, Marche funebre Nice stuff. You are never ceasing to amaze me with how quickly you put together such convincing performances of pieces. Whatever secret food you are eating, we want to know.

20. JeanieA - Suicide is Painless I loved that show. I'm glad you survived the fever to get a recording in for us. I enjoyed it a lot.

21. Coolkid70 - Visions Vugitives #1 I had to listen twice. I'll probably need to listen a few more times. Very interesting piece. Nicely played.

22. Euphonatrix - Album for the Young, No. 21 - *** (untitled) Schumann really is one of my favourite composers these days. I love those pieces we return to. They change, they evolve. I will have to look at op. 68 at some point. Thanks for sharing your current interpretation.

23. GregF - Hey Jude Best of luck at the recital (which might have happened prior to me getting through all the pieces). You sound in good form.

24. mahlzeit - Quick Improv Beautiful improvisation.

25. Serge88 - Hey Jude Very enjoyable. I thought a couple of the pick-up notes were a bit awkward in a place or two, but it was very enjoyable.

26. babama - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 4 Cripes. That's all I can say. Cripes. Some day for me, maybe. Some wonderfully expressive passages and great playing all-around. Don't cut the recording off too soon.

27. ohitpro (Tom) - Harmony of the Angels - Op 100 No 21 Quite a challenging piece. Nicely done.

28. Gary001 - Tune in G Beautiful. Very sweetly played. The Clementi I'm working on is giving me fits for getting it to not sound clunky. This was very nice.

29. TTigg - Wonderland Wonderful is a good description for your recording.

30. Mar_red - Autumn Leaves Put a smile on my face. A song I can always listen to. Fun rendition and nice improvisation.

31. ab-ster - Chopin Nocturne No. 20 in C sharp minor Brilliant. Those accelerating runs are not to be trifled with and they sounded pretty effortless on this end.

32. AdagioM (Michele) - Vals No. 6 from Valses Poeticos Another very pretty piece. Thanks for the beautiful rendition.

33. Pianonewb - Jesus Paid it All There's a lot of ability in that month there. Amazing to put that together out of your head.

34. Honnli / Steven - Cruel Angel's Thesis That was impressive. Sounded very difficult in places.

35. bluekeys - Inventions No. 1 and No. 8 I'm really starting to feel inadequate in my ability to play Bach. Nice.

36. Musictuary - Allegro con affetto Best of luck on your grade 5 studies. It sounds very nice. Good dynamic range.

37. joangolfing - Nocturne Nice expressive playing.

38. Always Wanted to Play Piano - I Due Fiumi Best of luck on your upcoming recital. It sounds well in hand. Really nice expressive phrasing.

39. Undone - A Bag of Rags Wow! That was fun. It's good to have stuff outside of the stuff you're supposed to be working on.

40. Euan Morrison - Comptine d'un autre ete: l'apres midi Gorgeous.

41. Eighty8 - Moonriver As overrecorded as Moon River is, I love the song. Thanks for recording this, my huckleberry friend.

42. IPHBAHN Sandy - Enchanted Waterfall That is a very nice piece. Lovely waterfalling effect in the right hand descents.

43. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Some Day My Prince Will Come Those are some pretty small warts. Sounded very nice here.

44. flyingfroggy - Midnight Rhapsody +1 on hearing it for the first time at a recital (this one). I enjoyed it a lot.

45. jotur - Cathy Turner - San Antonio Rose I really enjoyed this Cathy. I'm a big admirer of those that can just put things together.

46. MichiKami - The Crane Lots of nice stuff in this piece as you said. Maybe a softer touch right at the end, but very nice.

47. Seaside_Lee - As Long as He/She needs me How long does it take you to work out things by ear? It sounds effortless.

48. Greywullf - Goodness, Faithfulness, Peace I am in awe of the compositional skills here. Thank you for sharing this.

49. Copper - You Don't Bring Me Flowers It's still nice.

50. 1weekPlayer - BWV Anh. 116. Minuet in G Major. Notebook for Anna Magdalena. Sounded good. A couple of tempo issues. Watch the rushing in the left hand every now and then.

51. AnotherSchmoe - Eyes On Me Nice. You didn't sound like you were struggling much with this piece.

52. Wrenn - Star Wars Main Theme Only one chord? Sounded nice. Could use a bit more tonal variation, but nice. And it's only been three months.

53. HeirborneGroupie - Melody by Schumann The piano sounded good and the playing was nice.

54. AlexDreamer - Clementi's Sonatina N°1 - First Mouvement Far from terrible as well. I enjoyed it. I'm starting to enjoy a lot more Classical era music more.

55. Gary Schenk - Old German Dance Nice tonal variations and smooth playing.

56. pianahman / Richard - Adagio cantablile [from op.13, Sonate Pathetique] It is a beautiful piece of Classical era music. I personally struggle so much bringing out the melodies with the opposing triplets in the left hand near the 2/3rds mark. Admirable job with some tricky stuff.

57. ddh - Daniel - Pajaro Triste (Sad Bird) quiche lorraine = nice dreamy feel. I'll remember that for future reference.

58. DragonPianoPlayer - Novelette Romantique After putting together a graded pieces list, it's really nice hearing some of the composers and pieces from the studies sections. Nice right hand in the runs.

59. Deep Elem (aka Buck) - Just the Way You Are I've never been able to play a popular song and make it sound like anything really (I lose the melody). This was nice.

60. mheim - Song for Rosablanca Nice job bringing the right hand melody out and a nice light touch in the left hand.

61. Mark... - Prelude in C Major Nice. A couple of minor tempo issues. As you said there are lots of nuances in this piece. Try and work on some of the tonal variation (rise and falls) in it.

62. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Reverie Some very nice work on some very tricky material. Could use a little work on tonal variation in some places and I'd prefer a little more pedal at the beginning.

63. b528nf7 (Bill) - Now Is The Hour It brought chills up my spine when you started singing Bill.

64. z32/Ben - Cloud Smiles Very grand. The extra heavy sustain (or reverb effect) did give it a grand hall effect which was well-suited to me.

65. Starting Over - Grande Valse brillante / F. Chopin Op 34, No. 2 Woof. Woof, woof woof. smile It was nice. A few tricky bits, but lots of nice phrasing.

66. WJ3/Walt - Let It Be I think your piano could use some more love. Interesting introduction and some really nice playing in parts, despite some tempo issues you mentioned.

67. Monica K. - In un'altra vita (LaScala variation) Lean Cuisine has some serious staying power. Congratulations on the by-ear playing. Nice playing.

68. cscl - Waltz in a minor (op. post.), Chopin Some tricky bits there to work out, but some nice feel in your playing. Maybe not ready for your other recital, but a good start for sure. The ad-hoc screaming in the background made me smile too. A reminder of the things all of us put up with pursuing our love of the piano. It may have been rough, but I think it's an apt finish to the recital showing how much we all strive because we love the music.

A great round of submissions everyone. Seriously. Such a range of styles, moods, interpretations. All very enjoyable. I'm sure I'll be listening to these again and again.

E
E
09. Ode2Joy - Two Part Invention in F major, No 8
I was waiting for something like that! Lively and fun, joyful yet precise. It's a nice wake-up call after several dreamy, quiet (but no less worthy!) pieces. Thank you!

"L'art est le plus beau des mensonges." -Debussy
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I started writing comments about what I've listened to so far, but it kept coming out the same for each performance. Basically: "Wow, that's a really nice job you did, and a very nice piece, too."

For me, this recital is very inspirational, as it gives hope that with practice and experience, I might be able to sound as good as you folks do. Everyone is so smooth and expressive.

Well, back to listening.

Gary
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
2nd part of comments (third to follow)

21. Coolkid70 - Visions Vugitives #1
Very nicely done!

22. Euphonatrix - Album for the Young, No. 21 - *** (untitled)
Love the sound of your old Piano, nicely done.

23. GregF - Hey Jude
Can't go wrong with a Beatles song and this was a great piece, well done!

24. mahlzeit - Quick Improv
I don't have the words to describe how jealous of your composing talent I am smile Very nicely done and one day I hope I can do the same.

25. Serge88 - Hey Jude
Nice Zoom placement smile I enjoyed this version slightly more than the previous one (both were great) this one just sounded a little more clearer. It's always hard to play a melody that's sung, I think, but it sounded great!

26. babama - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 4
shocked I almost fell off my chair when I read 20mths. OK so even with your skills obtained (and stored) as a kid, this was truly an amazing piece!! shocked

27. ohitpro (Tom) - Harmony of the Angels - Op 100 No 21
Keep up the great work Tom! Certainly can't tell you've only been playing for a shorter time as you have.. thumb

28. Gary001 - Tune in G
Great piece Gary and for self taught you're doing incredibly well.

29. TTigg - Wonderland
Marvelous, tremendous, my favorite piece... oh wait, never mind it's me.. laugh

30. Mar_red - Autumn Leaves
Stunning! Brilliant, loved it!

31. ab-ster - Chopin Nocturne No. 20 in C sharp minor
I'm not an expert yet (may never be) so whilst there may be mistakes (technical) in there, I couldn't tell. Sounded great.

32. AdagioM (Michele) - Vals No. 6 from Valses Poeticos
Loved it! Michele

33. Pianonewb - Jesus Paid it All
With only 1mth under your belt you have the ability to memorize/read/play for 5m!? Talented for sure. With some slightly different direction and or teaching you'll be able to pull out the dynamics/voicing s and chord progressions better for your next go around.

34. Honnli / Steven - Cruel Angel's Thesis
Very nicely done, flowed and sounded great!

35. bluekeys - Inventions No. 1 and No. 8
(pat on back) for my fellow "Alfred pupil" Bach seems to be very hard from what I've seen/read/heard. Pulled it off mate, very nicely done and it sounded great "bravo" (clap) great job!

36. Musictuary - Allegro con affetto
Very enjoyable. I'm glad you mentioned in your notes about the first measure reminding you of Fur Elise, I thought I was going mad.. smile

37. joangolfing - Nocturne
Very nicely done.

38. Always Wanted to Play Piano - I Due Fiumi
Nailed it! and you're going to be just fine for your "live" recital in June. Very enjoyable to listen to, flowed in and out of the progressions in such perfect harmony.. PS I would have taken your handle if it was available smile

39. Undone - A Bag of Rags
Another fellow #2 forum bud, great job, really enjoyed listening to it... thumb

40. Euan Morrison - Comptine d'un autre ete: l'apres midi
Brilliant! Nailed it! I am going to try to attempt this one day, loved the movie also....

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net
E
E
11. Ejay - FairiesHarp(Thompson)& Little Sonata (Wilton)Ist Movement

WOW! For the amount of experience you have (not meant as a qualifier in any negative sense), that was spectacular. It was said of the visual arts that the empty space is just as important as the filled space. I think it's true of music too. Sometimes the quiet moments are just as important as the 'loud' ones. You navigated the piece very well.

Also, the dynamics were well-thought-out, displaying the full spectrum from fortissimo to pianissimo, from slow to a tempo. Nice job!

Last edited by enfrançais; 05/15/09 01:04 PM.

E
E
12. HomeInMyShoes - 1er Prélude du Nazaréen

A little language note: 1er is "premier" which means first (of course)
2e is deuxième, noted with just an 'e' instead of an 'er'.
As is English, the French vary how they abbreviate ordinal numbers: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th... The French only have 2 different ways though: 1er 2e 3e 4e

As for the piece, I guess I must be an Adult Beginner listener as well as player. I didn't hear any mistakes! One of the advantages, I guess, of not having an 'ear'!!! Nice job!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
conclusion comments...

41. Eighty8 - Moonriver
Love this song and you played it beautifully

42. IPHBAHN Sandy - Enchanted Waterfall
Only 4wks! very good job.

43. TX-Dennis (Dennis Turner) - Some Day My Prince Will Come
Great work, keep it up.

44. flyingfroggy - Midnight Rhapsody
Excellent playing

45. jotur - Cathy Turner - San Antonio Rose
Enjoyed it and the "extra bits by ear" are incredible, I wish I could do that..

46. MichiKami - The Crane
Another SoCal'r (Party anyone?) Loved it although it was a little loud... My only suggestion would be to have a fixed video recording (as oppose to someone holding the camera) and then have different points of view that you can merge together using your editing SW..

47. Seaside_Lee - As Long as He/She needs me
As a fellow Brit I hope you don't stop doing these Lee, loved it, great stuff!

48. Greywullf - Goodness, Faithfulness, Peace
In total awe at your skills of composition and playing!

49. Copper - You Don't Bring Me Flowers
I do love some of this music (yeah I said it) and you nailed it! great job.

50. 1weekPlayer - BWV Anh. 116. Minuet in G Major. Notebook for Anna Magdalena.
You're doing very well for only 6mths! keep it up.

51. AnotherSchmoe - Eyes On Me
Love FF pieces and it sounded great! good work.

52. Wrenn - Star Wars Main Theme
The oldies are the best, nicely done!

53. HeirborneGroupie - Melody by Schumann
Good job

54. AlexDreamer - Clementi's Sonatina N°1 - First Mouvement
shocked at just over a year, great work!

55. Gary Schenk - Old German Dance
Excellent work for such a short time Gary, we're going to have to have a SoCal Party for sure!

56. pianahman / Richard - Adagio cantablile [from op.13, Sonate Pathetique]
Very enjoyable

57. ddh - Daniel - Pajaro Triste (Sad Bird)
Nothing sad about it, lovely!

58. DragonPianoPlayer - Novelette Romantique
Nicely done

59. Deep Elem (aka Buck) - Just the Way You Are
shocked shocked BRILLIANT!! (yes I'm a huge Billy Joel fan) and hope to someday be able to play anywhere near as good as this, my favorite so far!! (edit just listened to it again!)

60. mheim - Song for Rosablanca
Another SoCal'r, I'll say it again "when's the party?" laugh nice work!

61. Mark... - Prelude in C Major
Fantastic recording Mark, really was beautiful to listen to, you're doing much better than you give yourself credit for!

62. Yamaha G3 & P-80 Mike White - Reverie
Enjoyed it

63. b528nf7 (Bill) - Now Is The Hour
Very well played

64. z32/Ben - Cloud Smiles
When's the party (SoCal)? nicely done indeed thumb

65. Starting Over - Grande Valse brillante / F. Chopin Op 34, No. 2
Nicely played

66. WJ3/Walt - Let It Be
Maybe speed it up a little (intro) but it was enjoyable to listen to for sure.

67. Monica K. - In un'altra vita (LaScala variation)
I see the tip on the Video rig worked? :P Brilliant Monica and how on earth you can keep that going for over 7m is beyond me. and part of this was by ear also shocked shocked thumb

68. cscl - Waltz in a minor (op. post.), Chopin
With another month to get this polished up I think you'll do just great for your recital, nice work!

A HUGE [Linked Image] to us all for our pieces. There is so much talent at all levels of the spectrum in the ABF. Some 2mths, some 20yrs, it doesn't matter. We're able to listen, give feedback, encourage, inspire many to cross boundaries, move in different directions, challenge themselves etc etc..

We gotta get a SoCal Party going soon that's for sure.. OK now where's my medal [Linked Image]

Last edited by TTigg; 05/15/09 02:00 PM.

"...I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING it!..."
[Linked Image]
My You Tube | My Box.net

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
OP Offline

14. TrueBeginner - Trip To Venice ( Voyage A Venice ) I love de Senneville’s music; it’s all so romantic and beautiful. I especially liked the deep bass notes in this one.

15. Mr Super-Hunky - True Story This is the first piece you’ve played that I wasn’t familiar with the original, so I don’t know how much reflects the composer or the super-hunky flair, but I really liked this piece. thumb I’m also extremely impressed that you figured this out by ear; I don’t know enough music theory to describe exactly what you were doing, but it sounded like there were some complex chord progressions going on.

16. Peyton - Tear My Stillhouse Down I think this song works great being more bluesy. You make all those runs sound effortless.

17. Schubertian - Allegretto D. 915 Wow! Sounds like there were some thundering octaves going on in that piece—and it sounds like it was a lot of fun to play. smile

18. Lisztener - If You Go Away Even if you hadn’t supplied the lyrics, I would’ve known this was a terribly sad song just by how wistfully you played it. Sad, but beautiful.

19. GreenRain - Sonata Op. 35, 3rd mvt, Marche funebre You establish an appropriately somber atmosphere with your playing. At the risk of seeming morbid, this has always been one of my favorite Chopin pieces.

20. JeanieA - Suicide is Painless Oh my gosh, your piece transported me straight back to high school when I had a *wicked* crush on Alan Alda laugh and would play this song (I recorded it by holding a cassette player up to our television set) over and over while thinking typical gloomy adolescent thoughts.

21. Coolkid70 - Visions Vugitives #1 If I hadn’t read your submission profile, I would’ve been convinced this was a contemporary jazz piece, not a “classical” piece. I need to revisit my (obviously incorrect) conception of classical music! A beautiful piece, though so short—I wanted to hear more.

22. Euphonatrix - Album for the Young, No. 21 - *** (untitled) I appreciated hearing the background story of this very pretty piece. My guess is that the 3 asterisks were Schumann’s note to himself to go back and give the darned thing a name. wink

23. GregF - Hey Jude One take?! You are courageous indeed! Wish my 43rd take sounded as good as your first. wink

24. mahlzeit - Quick Improv The only thing I didn’t like about this was the name. wink I get the feel of a hopeful longing when I listen to it. Your compositional skills are very impressive, even for “just” a quick improv.

W
W
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes

52. Wrenn - Star Wars Main Theme Only one chord? Sounded nice. Could use a bit more tonal variation, but nice. And it's only been three months.

Thanks for the comments.

I meant that I could only remember one of the chords of the song after 20 years, I couldn't even remember how to play the melody ;-)

This was the first time I turned on the touch sensitivity mode on my keyboard. Up to now going through the Alfreds books I figured I should concentrate on playing the notes rather than the musicality. I didn't have enough time before the end of the recital to practice with it for more than a few days so I didn't really get much further than trying to play slightly softer in some sections and slightly louder on a few chords/notes. From now on I'm going to leave the touch sensitivity mode on and work with that even though its harder.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Once again, I am so proud of all of you for sharing your music.

I have listened to a few and will listen to more as the days go on.

But YOU GUYS ROCK!

Newbies and Oldbies.

This has got to be the best forum ever for enthusiastic adults who love piano!!!

Lilylady (former piano teacher who is just getting back into playing herself these last 2 years)

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
E
E
18. Lisztener - If You Go Away

J'adore Jacques Brel!
But it is really dark, isn't it? You brought out the mood very well.

E
E
21. Coolkid70 - Visions Vugitives #1

The only bad thing about it was that it was over so quickly!
Thank you!

I did not have a chance to submit my piece this recital, but alway enjoying to listen all pieces of every recitals of AB, here are first 20:

01. AnthonyB - Una Mattina
Pianoteq3 sounds great, your playing is very good

02. jazzyprof - Intermezzo op.118 #2
Such a beautiful classical piece, I am really enjoy listening

03. epf - Andante from Orpheo ed Euridice
Lively playing, sounds great!

04. rustyfingers - Arietta (8 Lyric Pieces, Op. 12, No. 1)
You should change your screen name, nothing remind me about “rusty”, but a very smooth, lovely playing.

05. Carl Mc - Summertime.reflection
A hot Summer night next to a cooler lake, that what I m thinking while listen to this piece.

06. tekkie - Opus #9
Lovely piece, observing interesting chord changes and they are sounding great!

07. Riddler (Ed) - Tenderly
No doubt why this piece is famous, your jazz piano is wonderful, I wish you got a real Saxophone guy in your band.

08. dannylux / Mel - Nazareth: Confidences
Your playing is so good, should be in a piano master class.
From your comment: “you must let your heart guide the rhythm of the piece”, totally agree!

09. Ode2Joy - Two Part Invention in F major, No 8
Invention is always difficult for me, but you nailed it, great job!

10. Ken. - Medley: Soldiers' March, Op.68 No.2 & 12 Easy Pieces, No.2
Good job, love to hear more from you.

11. Ejay - FairiesHarp(Thompson)& Little Sonata (Wilton)Ist Movement
Your fantom x8 sounds great, I thought your playing is 3 years experience, 3 months? That is too good!

12. HomeInMyShoes - 1er Prélude du Nazaréen
Your playing is so beautiful, subtle, soft and yet very musical, if you don’t mind I put it in my ipod.

13. Sam Smith - Prelude 21 from WTC #1
WTC is also my fav to listen, your playing and the Mighty Wurlitzer till sound great!

14. TrueBeginner - Trip To Venice ( Voyage A Venice )
Never been to Venice, but your piece help me picture it beautifully, well done!

15. Mr Super-Hunky - True Story
It is very nice piece indeed! Thanks for sharing.

16. Peyton - Tear My Stillhouse Down
This blusier version works for me, excellent piano playing and good vocal too!

17. Schubertian - Allegretto D. 915
This is a truly gorgeous classic piece, I am enjoying listen to this, thanks for sharing.

This have been my favorite piece for many years, you were playing beautifully as always, if I take a shot at this piece, I will make the flow moving little bit faster. BTW, your Steinway sound great!

19. GreenRain - Sonata Op. 35, 3rd mvt, Marche funebre
The camera sat too close to the piano may be, if it is too loud, the quality is suffered. Any way, nice job!

20. JeanieA - Suicide is Painless
Well done, thanks for sharing.

tvpiano
E
E
23. GregF - Hey Jude

First pop song I've heard! Nice job!
The section beginning right around 1:00...is it written to be faster than the other sections? It sounds like there's the slightest speed-up in that part. But I'm an amateur listener, as it were.

Everyone plays with a unique style. You treated this song with sensitivity and grace. I can definitely hear a personal connection with the piece. Thank you!

OP Offline

25. Serge88 - Hey Jude I like this arrangement a lot. You’re ready for a career as a lobby pianist.

26. babama - Impromptu Op. 90 No. 4Okay, so my jaw was dropping wide open as I listened to this. Bravo! What an accomplishment to play such a long, challenging piece so beautifully.

27. ohitpro (Tom) - Harmony of the Angels - Op 100 No 21 I started listening to this before I looked at the recital thread, and when it began I thought to myself, “that sounds like a harp.” Obviously it’s aptly named. Great job on those nonstop runs/arpeggios.

28. Gary001 - Tune in G A nice, jaunty piece with an eminently hummable melody.

29. TTigg - Wonderland I think this is one of the prettiest of David Nevue’s melodies. I let this one fall out of my memorized repertoire, but hearing you play it so well inspires me to pick it up again. I just love those high accent notes toward the end.

30. Mar_red - Autumn Leaves Your “ensemble” playing was a terrific accidental discovery indeed, and it makes me want to buy myself a digital so I can play around with it. You’re ready for the hotel lobby!

31. ab-ster - Chopin Nocturne No. 20 in C sharp minor I think you’re challenging babama for the “technical proficiency” award. Another jaw-dropping performance! And you have only been playing from sheet music for 3 months?!? Amazing.

32. AdagioM (Michele) - Vals No. 6 from Valses Poeticos You made me a fan of Granados years ago with your "Orientale" (was it the first recital?), and I like this piece very much as well.

33. Pianonewb - Jesus Paid it All I was tremendously impressed when I saw that you had only one month’s experience at piano, but then I read further and saw that you played this by ear and improvised it yourself?! wow Please tell me that you’ve played some other instrument in the past.

34. Honnli / Steven - Cruel Angel's Thesis As always, your pieces end up being among my favorites in the recital. And those Piano Squall arrangements are not for the faint of heart. thumb

35. bluekeys - Inventions No. 1 and No. 8 Bach has to be the best composer for teaching hand independence. I liked No. 8 the best. Didn’t sound to me like you mangled it at all.

36. Musictuary - Allegro con affetto More than a passing similarity to “Fur Elise,” indeed. Kuhlau’s lucky they didn’t have copyright back then. wink You play this with a very beautiful, delicate touch.

37. joangolfing - Nocturne Oh, this is a beautiful piece, and maybe enough to get me over my Martha Mier-induced stress reaction from the sight-reading challenge we did with one of her books a couple of years ago. (Remember “Carousel Waltz,” Mak?! eek ) You play this with wonderful emotion.

38. Always Wanted to Play Piano - I Due Fiumi If I had to name my all-time favorite Einaudi pieces, this would be in my top 5. I think you’re in fine shape for your recital. One suggestion: When you’re playing those G octaves, Einaudi calls for the second set to be played softer than the first… Given that “I due fiumi” means The Two Rivers (er, at least I think it does), I always like to visualize the rushing water flowing over rocks and getting further and further away.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
03. epf - Andante from Orpheo ed Euridice
Ed - another crystal clear performance (audio and video). You have just the right delicate and expressive touch for this piece.

04. rustyfingers - Arietta (8 Lyric Pieces, Op. 12, No. 1)
I love the deep and mellow tone of your piano on this one. Well done.

05. Carl Mc - Summertime.reflection
When I heard the first few notes I thought you were going to break into Instant Karma. I like the way you took your time with this and didn’t rush through it. Cool arrangement.

07. Riddler (Ed) - Tenderly
I’m a big fan of yours. You always play terrific pieces in a wonderful swinging style.

15. Mr Super-Hunky - True Story
Nice soothing tune well played. I really like the tone of your piano and the way your held out the last chord (sort of like A Day in the Life).

16. Peyton - Tear My Stillhouse Down
I always look forward to your submissions. Your song choices are always excellent as are your performances.

I just love the big wonderful sound of your Steinway. Well played.

20. JeanieA - Suicide is Painless
Very nice song choice. The tone of your piano is perfect for this piece and fits the mood of the song.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Originally Posted by Monica K.

33. Pianonewb - Jesus Paid it All I was tremendously impressed when I saw that you had only one month’s experience at piano, but then I read further and saw that you played this by ear and improvised it yourself?! wow Please tell me that you’ve played some other instrument in the past.

Thanks, Monica! Yes, I have 25 years as a guitarist, 15 or so of them as a lead guitarist. My playing on piano is simple and primitive, but I believe those years on guitar will serve me well in learning piano.

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes
33. Pianonewb - Jesus Paid it All There's a lot of ability in that month there. Amazing to put that together out of your head.

Thanks!

Mike
Casio Privia PX 120

The only thing nescessary for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing.
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission