Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1208086 - 05/29/09 02:03 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: eweiss]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
That's just what I need Edward

thank you

I shall check it out over the weekend and try and get it to work? LOL

Lee laugh

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1208648 - 05/30/09 02:04 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Rickster]
Gyro Offline
4000 Post Club Member

When marketing this, remember that image sells.
You need a catchy name for this (don't call it
"tutorial," because that word has unpleasant
associations), and pictures of women in alluring
outfits playing the piano, etc., and a product will
sell, even if it is technically worthless.

#1208657 - 05/30/09 02:18 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Gyro]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Beautiful San Diego, CA
Gyro, you mean something like this...

Seaside Lee Taught Me How to Play Piano!

I seem confident don't I? That's because of Seaside. You see, I couldn't play a lick before. Now ... I can play. Really play. grin

#1209093 - 05/31/09 07:52 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: eweiss]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Gyro - pictures of women in alluring
outfits playing the piano rather than tutorial - got it! laugh

Edward I think that's PERFECT!!! wouldn't matter if she couldn't play a lick really would it? ha

Lee smile

#1209638 - 06/01/09 08:06 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Okay folks

Drum roll...

It is finally here the world premiere

of my first "ultra-sexy" piano tutorial

Learn to Play "I Dreamed A Dream with Seaside" TM

[Click Here] to Visit my site smile

The first 250 customers will get it for $4.95 so that should cover everyone here who wants to add to the "get Seaside Lee back on his feet after all his disasters!!" fund

Seriously though please if you do purchase it let me know if it works (fingers crossed) I think I need a good lie down now (this has been so hard to put together I can't believe it!!)

I am trusting you guys to give me good feed-back on the video, the ordering page, the ordering process etc etc

regards

Lee

#1209714 - 06/01/09 10:29 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Swingin' Barb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Lee, you are brilliant. I just ordered. The ordering process was a breeze. Your homepage is EXCELLENT!

Is this the same Seaside Lee who didn't have a clue as to how to go about this just a little over a week ago?

You have made GREAT progress. grin yippie

Good luck with this.

Barb

PS - I just received the confirmation email. Now, how do I download the 40 minute tutorial?

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com

#1209720 - 06/01/09 10:48 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Swingin' Barb]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Barbara you should have been sent back immediately to the download page once you bought it (grrr!)

The first person has successfully downloaded so I don't understand why it didn't do it for you?

I shall PM you the page to go to

yes it is the same Seaside LOL (Edward has helped me a lot so props to Edward smile )

Lee

#1209723 - 06/01/09 10:55 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Swingin' Barb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Lee - It is downloading now. My mistake in that I did not click the "Return to Merchant" button. Once I clicked that, it took me to the download page. smile

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com

#1209729 - 06/01/09 11:01 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
R0B Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Hi Lee,

First of all, congratulations! That is a stunning website you have there. :-)

Just one question. What was the procedure for obtaining permission to teach this song on a commercial basis?
I would like to do something similar, but possibly for guitar.
I have done some private videos for students, but wary of going public, without the required permissions.

Once again, congrats, and I wish your venture, all success.

Rob

#1209738 - 06/01/09 11:17 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: R0B]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Rob

It may be different in Australia but you have to get a PRS licence over here and then I will have to pay about $0.15 per download (so I'm hoping I have to pay about about a million dollars in commission by the end of the year ha)

There is some good advice earlier in this thread

this has been the steepest learning curve I have ever known to get things working as they are now and there still needs some tweaking but, I'm giving myself a gold star for effort! ha

Lee

Edited by Seaside_Lee (06/01/09 11:18 AM)

#1209743 - 06/01/09 11:24 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
rosa2009 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Lee...just got your email and darn it....I didn't make it to be your first customer.

I'm downloading it..... it says it takes 9 hours, maybe I am on the wrong link. LOL!!

Anyway, kool page you have there and also quick and fast too. Hey, you should be proud of yourself! I am.

Rosa

#1209745 - 06/01/09 12:07 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
rosa2009 Offline

Edited by rosa2009 (06/01/09 12:13 PM)

#1209746 - 06/01/09 12:12 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Feedback I'm getting at the moment is telling me its taking hours to download its a huge file over 500mb so it may take a few hours so best leave it downloading overnight or something?

So, I could do with help on how to reduce the size of the file without losing the quality (cheeply or for free) and I need to get this file hosted at my own site (which is proving tricky??)

Lee

#1209749 - 06/01/09 12:16 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
rosa2009 Offline

Lee, you can try this free open source 7-zip software.
It will reduce your size greatly for faster downloads.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

(If you want to, you can even put in a password).

You won't lose any quality in the video.

Rosa

#1209756 - 06/01/09 12:27 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: rosa2009]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Seaside,

First ... congrats on a great concept! This should sell well. Second, if your file is too big, you can break it up into smaller videos. 500 megs is huge! You can even use that as a selling point, i.e. in these 10 unique videos...

Let me know if I can help any other way.

#1209771 - 06/01/09 01:00 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: eweiss]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Edward

I thought it was a really good idea (came to me in a dream a few weeks ago actually and its been on my mind ever since)

I have always hoped to be an inspiration to all adult beginners that if I can do it so can you...even the logo is down to a certain member (Liverpool Poet) here and its all in my story in my blog (kinda cool huh?)

thanks Rosa I have downloaded the zip thing and I shall try and get it zipped tomorrow and available for download from the order page

actually Edward that 10 video thing you mention makes a plus point out of what I was thinking maybe be a negative! - brilliant actually thanks

Lee

#1209872 - 06/01/09 04:47 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
gmm1 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Spokane WA
Hey, Lee. Glad to see you up and running.

My download only took 10 minutes plus.

Now that I own it, how come I still can't play it on the piano? Your add did not mention that I must also practice.....

Good luck buddy. I hope to see many more as we go.

Mike

#1210006 - 06/01/09 09:13 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: gmm1]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Mike

10 minutes?? thats amazing you must have some zippy connection smile Rosas is taking 9 hours!!

Oh yeah duh! forgot to mention you have to practise ha

Thank you for buying it and the feedback so far!

If its successful I've got loads of ideas smile (so fingers crossed)

Lee smile

#1210108 - 06/01/09 11:59 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Alene Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Lee: It also only took 10 minutes for the download on my computer....not bad at all. I wish you luck and yeah, why didn't you tell us we had to practice, LOL! Nice tutorial!

#1210177 - 06/02/09 05:58 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Alene]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Alene

10 minutes that's brilliant but, it is taking someone 19 hours so I am going to have to do something about it today

Rosa has mentioned adding a .pdf file too so as soon as that is ready I shall email it out to everyone who has purchased

yes you have to practice (no scales or hanon though with me! ha)

Lee

#1210225 - 06/02/09 09:54 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

UPDATE:

I have successfully compressed the full video lesson down from 580MB down to 99MB and that file is now available for download once purchase is made.

There is only a slight loss of quality and its still very watchable

However, you are welcome to download both the large file (say over night if its going to take hours) and the compressed file also to get you going straight away laugh

Lee smile

#1210280 - 06/02/09 11:58 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
TryingToPlay Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Lee, Downloading as we speak (I mean post).

Lots of luck with your new enterprise.

BTW, took 16 minutes to download (the big one)

Lenny

Edited by TryingToPlay (06/02/09 02:42 PM)

#1210444 - 06/02/09 04:37 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: TryingToPlay]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Lenny laugh

16 minutes that's brilliant I can't understand why its taking 16 hours for others though? (and they say they are not on dial up either!)

Hopefully the reduced size file will help the situation for anyone struggling smile

regards

Lee

#1210452 - 06/02/09 04:48 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Dr. J Offline

Loc: Oregon
Congratulations Seaside Lee. I know ALL the work involved in producing your first piano tutorial. I've just done the same thing based on the pentatonic method. If you'd like to check out my first venture into teaching via online piano tutorials, please check out my new site http://www.playpianosongstoday.com

Thanks much and again congratulations on all you've learned producing and marketing your tutorial.

Dr. J
http://www.playpianosongstoday.com and my blog http://www.playpianosongstoday.com/play-piano-songs-today--the-blog.html

Dr. Js blog http://playpianotodaywithdrj.wordpress.com/

#1210488 - 06/02/09 06:08 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Dr. J]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Thanks Dr J

To be honest making the video was easy compared to figuring out how to make a cool website how to get the order now with clickbank button working properly so it returns the customer to the order page and how to store the video so it can downloaded from my website (still not got it sorted properly yet)

Oh yeah and how to reduce a 500MB video down to 99MB!!

But I get ya drift ha

Lee

#1211512 - 06/04/09 05:40 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Further update:

I have now added links to the pianoworld forums and to Edwards new age piano course (as a thanks for all his help in this thread so, I hope he likes it?) on my page.

And seeing as a few people have found the download has taken hours aswell as the alternative smaller file I now have the video streaming directly from the page so you can watch is straight away if you wish.

Lee

#1211657 - 06/04/09 12:16 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
salzdt Offline

Loc: Greenport, New York
Hi Seaside,
I went to paid via Paypal, and I'm not sure if I actually downloaded the file Something came up, if I recall Index of Bingo. Actually, I thought some thing would come in the mail.
If you could email me what to do next, I would appreciate it.
Dot
salzdt@optonline.net

#1211697 - 06/04/09 02:10 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: salzdt]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Dot

I have sent you the link via email. Can't understand why paypal didn't redirect you back to the download page. Anyone else had that problem?

Lee

#1211701 - 06/04/09 02:17 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
eweiss Offline
2000 Post Club Member

I get this sometimes. You might have to let people know they have to check for the link to your "video page" before they leave PayPal. That way you can sidestep those who miss it.

#1211704 - 06/04/09 02:23 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Swingin' Barb Offline
500 Post Club Member

I ran into that problem a few days ago. Then I noticed the "Return to Merchant" button. I clicked that and it took me to your download page.

Originally Posted By: Seaside_Lee
Can't understand why paypal didn't redirect you back to the download page. Anyone else had that problem

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
ad (Casio)
Celviano by Casio Rebate
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
help with finger numbers in this piece...
by PianoKimmy
09/18/14 05:35 AM
Most Difficult?
by SiFi
09/18/14 01:21 AM
What is most common size wire to break?
by Ed McMorrow, RPT
09/18/14 12:19 AM
Will this Piano Room have good Acoustics?
by flamenco88
09/17/14 10:59 PM
Proud new owner of a Yamaha P22
by amanda416
09/17/14 09:04 PM
Who's Online
102 registered (alexbergauer, A Guy, 3times2, Abby Pianoman, Al LaPorte, 28 invisible), 1136 Guests and 24 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76237 Members
42 Forums
157598 Topics
2314919 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission