Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1211734 - 06/04/09 03:22 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
salzdt Offline

Loc: Greenport, New York
Lee,
Thank you it worked. What a great programm. I have a pretty good back ground in music theroy, know chords, and key signatures. I just got back to the piano after 40 years and studying classical. I'm working on pop music on my own. Your should consider doing more programs on how to add left hand patterns to pop music. You are a great teacher. thumb
Dot

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1211790 - 06/04/09 05:23 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Dr. J Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hey Seaside,

I understand totally - the creative part of making tutorials and marketing them is the enjoyable and "easy" part isn't it? The technical stuff is what can really bog down the process. It is exciting, though to keep moving forward.

Dr. J
http://www.playpianosongstoday.com

Dr. Js blog http://playpianotodaywithdrj.wordpress.com/

#1211920 - 06/04/09 09:14 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Dr. J]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Blackpool, UK
Hi Dot

Thank you I'm thrilled you like it. The follow-up video is in the can and should be available to you for download tomorrow. Which should please those that have asked for more help on the left hand stuff that I do. I'll email you as soon as it is up.

I started writing my blog with the sole intention of inspiring other adult beginners that dreams can come true with a little dedication and hard work and to prove it is possible to learn to play the piano later on in life. I am hoping that people following the blog will see it happening before their very eyes!

Posting the video up and sitting here praying that you weren't all going to say what a load of old tosh we want our money back etc. has been totally nerve-wracking to be honest. The fact that I am getting positive feedback is really making me happy and even more convinced that I can help people to play.

Hopefully this is just another milestone in my journey that will inspire those that are just setting out and reading my incredible story so far. Where it will end up I have no idea?

Thanks Edward and Barb I'm going to have mention something about clicking through back to the merchant to ensure everyone does it.

Yes Dr. J its a steep learning curve but, in a way quite satisfying? I'm not really the techiest of people but, I am getting by in my own sweet way ha

Lee

#1212132 - 06/05/09 09:16 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: salzdt]
salzdt Offline

Originally Posted By: salzdt
Hi Seaside,
I went to paid via Paypal, and I'm not sure if I actually downloaded the file . Actually, I thought some thing would come in the mail.
If you could email me what to do next, I would appreciate it.
Dot
salzdt@optonline.net

#1212134 - 06/05/09 09:18 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: salzdt]
salzdt Offline

Hi Seaside,
I went to paid via Paypal, and I'm not sure if I actually downloaded the file. Actually, I thought some thing would come in the mail.
Dot
salzdt@optonline.net

#1212135 - 06/05/09 09:19 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: salzdt]
salzdt Offline

Hi Seaside,
I went to paid via Paypal, and I'm not sure if I actually downloaded the file Actually, I thought some thing would come in the mail.
Dot
salzdt@optonline.net

#1212145 - 06/05/09 09:34 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: salzdt]
Swingin' Barb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Seaside - I just watched and played along with your Bonus Video. This video is the icing on the cake. Well done -- with great tips explained ever so well. I kept pausing the video and practicing until I felt comfortable to see more.

Seaside - you are the MUSIC MAN!

Thanks so much for this,

Barb

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com

#1212153 - 06/05/09 09:52 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Swingin' Barb]
flatseventh Offline

Lee,

I have just made a payment via paypal and have not been able to download at all. There is no link, can you help?

#1212174 - 06/05/09 10:34 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: flatseventh]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Tony:) you needed to click back to the merchant? I can't see this because I can't buy off myself?

I shall email you the link

Lee

#1212179 - 06/05/09 10:52 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Hi Seaside,

Just curious - how did you get permissions for the song? I've had terrible luck trying to get permission to use popular tunes like that. I had one publisher tell me they'd "get back to me in a few weeks," and that was last September! (Further emails to them went unanswered!)

Thanks!
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1212303 - 06/05/09 02:27 PM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Kreisler]
Seaside_Lee Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Kreisler

The details of the licence in the UK are here

UK PRS Licence

Lee

#1212610 - 06/06/09 03:56 AM Re: Advice needed on how to sell a tutorial [Re: Seaside_Lee]
rosa2009 Offline

Loc: Hong Kong
Hi Lee,

Yes, I can watch your videos on the net now. It's easier for me than to download. I see that it is easy for people to download, so you are doing fine. And also thanks for the bonus video. That bonus video really has a lot more tutorial in it, so I am sure people really appreciate the extra effort you put into this.

You are right. The learning curve to put up the website is steep. Anyways, take it one step at a time.

Rosa

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
102 registered (Art_Vandelay, aesop, AmateurBob, anotherscott, Acevle, 37 invisible), 1238 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75609 Members
42 Forums
156347 Topics
2296294 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Debussy's opinion of other composers
by phantomFive
20 minutes 33 seconds ago
Ivory v. Plastic Questions
by Retsacnal
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
The worst student in your studio
by Cardinal201
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Piano Movers
by DancerJ
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Yamaha P-85 closer to a Grand Piano action than any Upright!
by Paul678
Yesterday at 07:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission