Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 27 of 159 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 158 159 >
Topic Options
#1206177 - 05/26/09 02:04 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Hehehe, that's a funny one! grin

(ad 568) Win a Year Journal Subscription
Win a year subscription to the PTG Journal
#1206188 - 05/26/09 02:25 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
Yeap, at times, he most certainly has been a JACKASS sometimes... I printed out the picture for him and will tell him that it came from YOU! hehehe!
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1206192 - 05/26/09 02:30 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Western Canada
Hey Jerry,

Show him this picture of my SUMMER CAR and tell him you can be ONE STEP AHEAD of everyone else when you have an education! wink

#1206420 - 05/26/09 10:10 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Nice boogie mobile. Hope the shoe doesn't smell like feet!
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1206423 - 05/26/09 10:13 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

#1206730 - 05/27/09 11:01 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Jerry Groot RPT
Yeap, at times, he most certainly has been a JACKASS sometimes... I printed out the picture for him and will tell him that it came from YOU! hehehe!

Hey Jerry,

Show him what happens when a JACKASS owns a nice vehicle . . . cause they tend to drive too fast . . . so you just wouldn't trust him with a nice vehicle ! So . . .

Hope he's good with TURTLEWAX! . . . smile

#1207153 - 05/27/09 10:27 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm...I'd say whoever built (Photoshopped??) that second one has too much time on his hands. grin

#1207163 - 05/27/09 10:55 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Hmmm. Did the driver of the pickup truck happen to be you Diane and were you mad at one of us so, you took out your vengeance on some poor unsuspecting piano technician up there?
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1207367 - 05/28/09 10:26 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hmmm. Did the driver of the pickup truck happen to be you Diane and were you mad at one of us so, you took out your vengeance on some poor unsuspecting piano technician up there?

Well my unsuspecting piano technician was over and I gave him a drink from my WATER COOLER . . .
and well, he can't really . . . HOLD his liquor so . . .

On the way home . . . I think he just got comfused! smile

And . . . voila! wink

Edited by Diane... (05/28/09 10:32 AM)

#1207455 - 05/28/09 01:00 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Uh huh. Just as I thought. It was your fault. eek
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1207492 - 05/28/09 02:21 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Don't ever tune her piano, Jerry! eek

#1207497 - 05/28/09 02:31 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Uh huh. Just as I thought. It was your fault. eek

HER FAULT!

She was driving by when this truck went out of control!

Funny, the truck that went through the house had a licence plate that said "HOROWIZIAN"! . . . Do you think? . . . wink

#1207501 - 05/28/09 02:36 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Ooooh, Diane, ya better watch out! I wasn't in the area. cool It was an impostor. smirk

whistle

Edited by Horowitzian (05/28/09 03:03 PM)

#1207577 - 05/28/09 04:25 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Maybe it was David?
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208106 - 05/29/09 02:38 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
OldUprightMania Offline

Loc: Spartansburg, Pennsylvania
Hello All,
I must admit that I am quite surprised to find these kind of pictures on a forum for professional tradesmen. I am 17 years old, and I come here looking for advice pertaining to the piano, not sleazy pictures and crude remarks. The internet is already full of enough trash, and I don't think that it is a great thing to make a perfectly good website such as this a dumping grounds for more.

Thanks for Listening to my opinion on the matter,
Josh Baker

#1208109 - 05/29/09 02:42 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Maybe it was David?

Nope Jerry!

Pretty sure David's sleeping off his "TEA"! wink

#1208124 - 05/29/09 03:05 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: OldUprightMania]
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada
Originally Posted By: joshua_j_baker
Hello All,
I must admit that I am quite surprised to find these kind of pictures on a forum for professional tradesmen. I am 17 years old, and I come here looking for advice pertaining to the piano, not sleazy pictures and crude remarks. The internet is already full of enough trash, and I don't think that it is a great thing to make a perfectly good website such as this a dumping grounds for more.

Thanks for Listening to my opinion on the matter,
Josh Baker

Josh,
Fair comments....it is the main reason you don't see many of us posting here any longer. If you would like some assistance with your piano please pm me or email me directly off my web site icon.
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#1208161 - 05/29/09 03:54 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Niagara Region, On. Canada
Maybe it could be moved to the "Whos Who on Piano World" forum or better yet, continued amongst the the posters in private mail. It has gotten quite sleazy and inappropriate for a site that expects the posters' material to not be sexually oriented according to its rules and policies. As for Post #1239...if you wouldn't feel comfortable having this pic up in a piano store, workshop, or on the side of your tool case, its got no business being here... don't you think?

#1208204 - 05/29/09 04:50 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Emmery]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, I certainly didn't want to offend anyone! The picture of the girl on the bike was the only one I thought would possibly make a man drive through a house!

So I'm not actually a piano tuner, so I shouldn't actually be in here anyways!

The sun is out and think I'll just head outside and get some rays!

#1208229 - 05/29/09 05:30 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Then why did you scroll through them? The title wasn't pertaining to pianos or piano information. Like watching television, then don't read them and change the channel... There is plenty of information to sift through besides coming into this one thread and complaining. I wondered how long it would take.....

I'm sure Diane wasn't intending to offend anyone here.

We were just 'trying' to have a bit of fun and laughter among a few of us here on an OFF TOPIC OT thread.

Diane, you could change the title to not be for anyone else.

www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208231 - 05/29/09 05:36 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot RPT [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

How's that? Everyone just quote or reply to this post, and that will appear when there are new ones.

Seriously, guys, this thread is Off Topic and all about havin' a good time and a good laugh. Please don't read if you don't want to see it.

#1208232 - 05/29/09 05:37 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
BDB Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
One of the artists at a show I tuned at last weekend likes jokes. So a sense of humor isĀ  appropriate for the job.

#1208265 - 05/29/09 06:51 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Well I must say I am surprised the thread has lasted this long. But what surprises me even more, is how long it took "The Whiners" to come in here and try to ruin it.

There have been many threads in this forum that didn't deal directly with piano technology. Two of the whiners have participated in those. So what is the deal with this one? Sleezy, inappropriate???? Bullcrackers!!!!!! You people see more sleeze in prime time TV!!!

One thing everyone can be assured of. No matter what the content, no matter what the post, there will be that little group who will find something to be offended by.

#1208301 - 05/29/09 08:31 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

You know, that bear most certainly looks comfortable on that ice. It has made me want to take a nap ever since.

By the way, thanks for the congrats for my son's high school graduation!

I guessed pretty accurately in that we did stay up until just about exactly 7 AM Wednesday morning. Not intentionally either. It's just how long it all lasted. I'm still tired from it!
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208371 - 05/29/09 11:05 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Emmery Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Niagara Region, On. Canada
Don, have you noticed that PW does not have an "OFF TOPIC" forum but does have a "Coffee Room" forum where just about anything non-musical/non-piano can be discussed (within reason). Have you noticed its at the very end of the forum choices? Have you noticed that most sites keep the same format of isolating the serious topic related things away from those non-related that have a tendency to degenerate or wander at times? Its a way of protecting the validity, sanctity and environment of a forum that is conducive to learning and enlightenment for most people that come here for that purpose.
Its unfortunate that what would be better fitting for the Coffee Room somehow ends up near the top of a technicians forum...thats all. Many people less savvy on computer lingo or English will not know what "OT" means and have to navigate the thread to try and make sense of it. A lovely first impression, if they choose to go on. I'm sure someone in Country X really cares where the beer is being hauled tonight over here or how scantily a woman can be dressed or posed before its moderated off the forum.

I am not a prude, teetotaler or someone who can't appreciate fun, joking or even adult themed things as long as I have to navigate too it... if I want it....not the other way around.

Don, your analogy of sleaze on prime time being worse than this misses the point, and should be popped back into that Pez Dispenser of convoluted logic that also leads you to believe many topics in this forum are not piano or piano technology related. Do a reality check and stop whining yourself Don. Do you see sleaze on the Discovery, History or Education channels...no...because its delegated to its proper place where people with 2 pence worth of gray matter expect it to be.

It would take a lot more than the contents of this post to offend me; but the general public, aspiring technicians, students, foreigners,and even children who come here expect what PW claims on their home page to be here shouldn't be met with a thread near the top of the page that belongs in the Coffee Room.

#1208372 - 05/29/09 11:06 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Wow, Jerry! How did you stay awake?????? sleep

eek

grin

#1208533 - 05/30/09 10:31 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Gee, Emily,I thought his name was Ron? wink

Doesn't matter if we know OT. If the poster was looking for piano related items, it says nothing about pianos in the the topic. There have been and still is many topics that have nothing to do with pianos all through PW. As I said, don't read it then... Diane will tone down the pics...

Yeap, I did stay awake. I had too. I had to man my post at the main entrance to make sure the little rug rats didn't manage to escape or bring in anything illegal or have someone else sneak it in. They try anything these days. We heard stories where some kids try and sneak in ahead of time (if they know where the location is, which is why we don't tell them) booze, stashing them in ceiling panels, or toilet tanks etc. But, the adults sure were tired by 7 AM!

I slept in today until 9:30. Boy, did that ever feeeeel good!

www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208543 - 05/30/09 10:43 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Emmery]
BDB Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Originally Posted By: Emmery
Don, have you noticed that PW does not have an "OFF TOPIC" forum but does have a "Coffee Room" forum where just about anything non-musical/non-piano can be discussed (within reason). Have you noticed its at the very end of the forum choices? Have you noticed that most sites keep the same format of isolating the serious topic related things away from those non-related that have a tendency to degenerate or wander at times? Its a way of protecting the validity, sanctity and environment of a forum that is conducive to learning and enlightenment for most people that come here for that purpose.

The Coffee Room has been closed for posting for a long time. It is a legacy of an earlier era.

#1208577 - 05/30/09 11:36 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#1208583 - 05/30/09 11:47 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

http://www.playdeadpics.com/images/photos/lg/35.jpg

I think Diane got mad at the last piano tuner. I'm staying away.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

Page 27 of 159 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 158 159 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
106 registered (AZ_Astro, Atrys, 3rd Ear, accordeur, angga888, 40 invisible), 1174 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153619 Topics
2251522 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Noodling board
by Maarkr
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 08:18 PM
When a beginner is not a beginner anymore?
by Eight Octaves
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
DEBUSSY-"Serenade for the Doll" from 'Children's Corner'
by Hal Freedman
Yesterday at 07:14 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission