Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 79 of 191 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 190 191 >
Topic Options
#1208487 - 05/30/09 07:48 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: mom3gram]
dee180 Offline

Loc: NH
Thanks everybody for the congratulations smile
It's so nice to have this board for support and encouragement.
I'm on to O Sole Mio now - I know that arppegio chord at the end is going to do me in smile
I also started Fur Elise from my classical book. It's so beautiful...how do you turn the pages without creating a big silent space?????

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1208523 - 05/30/09 10:01 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: wj3]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: wj3
Nice job Carl... I hate to say this, but I think the left hand rhythm is a little off. Starting in the second measure it is a dotted quarter note, and eighth note and two quarter notes. It finishes in the next measure with another quarter note then two rests of a quarter and a half. So its Dahhh, di, dah dah dah. Count 1 and 2, and, 3 and, 4 and, 1 and, rest 2and3and4and.
dahh di dah dah dah

I didn't notice the pause before the arpeggiated chord too much. Otherwise a really great recording.

Thanks for the comment. I did change left hand rhythm. Now that I think about it, I should probably remove the recording on this thread as it might confuse someone trying to learn this one.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1209345 - 05/31/09 06:35 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Strings & Wood]
angelojf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: PA
Ok, all...needs work, but here's how "Amazing Grace" sounds at this juncture....
http://www.box.net/shared/evfq0lpszj

#1209353 - 05/31/09 06:50 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
kennychaffin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Aurora, CO
Well done Angelojf!

#1209360 - 05/31/09 07:07 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: kennychaffin]
angelojf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks! It really needs work, but hey, its the last song in the book!

#1209362 - 05/31/09 07:07 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
Strings & Wood Offline

angelojf
Good pacing and a I really like the triplets! I am looking forward to this one. This is a good one to graduate on and commit to memory thumb

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1209466 - 05/31/09 10:31 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Strings & Wood]
romolo Offline

Loc: Canada
Wow! Great job Angelojf...sounds awesome. Congrats on completing Book 1

I finally completed "Chiapanecas"...FINALLY! That one took me longer than I thought it would...all week. Mind you I have been working on other pieces from the Greatest Hits book and the Christmas book plus two other books I got recently but still...Chiapanecas was a lot harder than I thought, not sure why. It looked easy compared to LBJ.

Working on "Auld Lang Syne" now. Started it and it's going well, pretty easy.

#1209469 - 05/31/09 10:35 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: romolo]
romolo Offline

I recently purchased 2 easy piano books from sheetmusicplus.com

Both books with classical pieces in easy arrangements.

Here are the links, I recommend them to those wanting to play classical music...

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/3856870
http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/Piano-Classics-Easy-Adult-Piano/2872402

#1209646 - 06/01/09 08:16 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
dee180 Offline

Loc: NH
Wow angelojf - that sounded great!!!! I am mucho impressed and can't wait to get there.

#1209847 - 06/01/09 03:37 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: dee180]
romolo Offline

All done with "Auld Lang Syne" smile That was pretty easy.
On to "O Sole Mio!" This looks tough frown
I can't wait till I'm done this book...

#1210272 - 06/02/09 11:42 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: romolo]
marimorimo Offline

Loc: Kingdom of Nodame
Congrats to CarlMc, dee180, angelojf and romolo! I'm currently working on 'Blow the Man Down' so I'm still a long way off from you guys, but I hope to catch up soon, haha!

I got set back a little due not being used to the weighted feel of my DP but I think my fingers have adapted after a few days. 'Blow the Man Down' looked easy, but it's tougher than I expected! I'm not even sure if I'm doing it right....

@romolo: Do you find the classical pieces in the Easy Piano books you bought 'playable' based on where you are in Alfred's Book 1? I'm itching to try out some classical myself, but I'm afraid even the 'easy pieces' will be way beyond my level. I don't want arrangements that are too dumbed down, though.
30th Week Playing Piano
--------------------------------------------
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +

#1210364 - 06/02/09 02:24 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: marimorimo]
romolo Offline

marimorimo,

The classical pieces in those two books I recently bought are definitely "playable" for where I am in the book. They do take a lot of practice just like the pieces in the Alfred book now. But they are easy and they still sound really nice. As long as you're not in a big hurry to be able to play them perfectly, you'll find them worth the practice.

I actually bought these 2 books for when I complete the Lesson Book 1 but I couldn't help myself smile

#1210894 - 06/03/09 08:42 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: romolo]
marimorimo Offline

Thanks romolo. This gives me an idea on what to order the next time I go music-book shopping laugh
30th Week Playing Piano

#1211684 - 06/04/09 01:43 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: marimorimo]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
I dropped "Good People" today - I never did get it "polished", but honestly I am sick of it, never was crazy about it anyway, and it's time to move on.

I'm still working on polishing LBJ, and I started "Chiapanecas" today. So far, so good, but I've only done the first section.

Romolo, your two classical books look interesting. I'm putting them on my wish list. (It's getting to be a long list).

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1211731 - 06/04/09 03:18 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: dee180]
suep2000 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
For anyone thinking about buying Alfred's All in One Adult Piano Course, I heartily recommend getting the book with the CD. There are some tricky timing issues on some of the songs, such as "Why Am I Blue" and having the CD helps immensely. Plus, it's a lot of fun to play along with an orchestra!

#1212788 - 06/06/09 01:34 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: suep2000]
angelojf Offline
500 Post Club Member

I am hereby promoting myself to Book2. Thanks to all on this thread!!!!!
See ya over at the Second Book Thread.....
Here is my "Amazing Grace"
http://www.box.net/shared/ysqmzrul60

Thanks again to all on this thread!!!!

#1212812 - 06/06/09 01:52 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
Strings & Wood Offline

angelojf
Good job. It sounded very polished. Congratulations on your graduation from book 1. thumb

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1212830 - 06/06/09 02:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Strings & Wood]
mom3gram Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: New Jersey
Very nice playing there, Angelojf! Congratulations on your "graduation", and good luck with Book 2. I hope you will continue to stop in here and visit, and keep inspiring the rest of us.

ALFRED'S ADULT BOOK 1 GRADUATE

#1213067 - 06/06/09 10:47 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
kennychaffin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: angelojf

Congratulations!!!

And I hope a Raise in salary comes with the promotion!

smile

Edited by kennychaffin (06/06/09 10:50 PM)

#1213317 - 06/07/09 01:24 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: kennychaffin]
marimorimo Offline

Once again, congrats to angelojf!

I'm in Cafe Vienna right now. It's a bit rough in the edges but getting decent. I'm glad that after about 90 pages, I finally reached the point where the hand positions aren't so static... my biggest gripe about early pieces is that you are locked into a 5 finger position (C or G) and let's face it...how many 'real' pieces don't require you to move your hand around the keyboard? Sure it gets harder, but I also feel like I'm inching closer to my goal laugh

And by the way, I loved Blow the Man Down so much I committed it to memory grin So I now have a grand total of 2 pieces in my memorized repertoire list, haha. I never knew Blow the Man down until I played it - is it a folk song? I find the lyrics a bit strange.
30th Week Playing Piano

#1213329 - 06/07/09 01:51 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore

I hope you don't mind, but I added your piece to the opening post...

Mark

#1213336 - 06/07/09 02:03 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Mark...]
angelojf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mark...

Mark

I don't mind at all....I'm honored ! ! !
A special thanks to you, Mark, for making available two great tools for me: the Alfred's Thread, and the MOYD thread!

-angelojf

#1213374 - 06/07/09 03:19 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: angelojf]
Mark... Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Mark...

Mark

I don't mind at all....I'm honored ! ! !
A special thanks to you, Mark, for making available two great tools for me: the Alfred's Thread, and the MOYD thread!

-angelojf

You are quite welcome!

The Alfred threads just kind of took off with all the great people here, I didn't do much...

#1214513 - 06/09/09 09:32 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Mark...]
marimorimo Offline

I've got Cafe Vienna to the level where I can play it for my teacher without undue shame, and same goes for Lullaby, too! I thought I wouldn't make it with Lullaby, but now it's my favorite piece! (haha, where has 'Blow the Man Down' gone? I'm so fickle! grin). I'm glad to play my first classical piece, ever! laugh I played it really soft and it sounded nice..to my ears. Now all I need is to show my teacher and I just know..there's probably something I wasn't doing right there! XD

Edited by marimorimo (06/09/09 09:33 AM)
30th Week Playing Piano

#1214520 - 06/09/09 09:49 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: marimorimo]
kennychaffin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Congrats Marimorimo!

#1214540 - 06/09/09 10:20 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: kennychaffin]
Zenobe Offline

Loc: Newtown CT
Well done Marimorimo!

I also am right about the same place in the book, working on Cafe Vienna and Lullabye. I finished up with BTMD last week. It's nice to play Lullabye even though I still have a ways to go, it being so pretty and recognizable.

I'm not working with a teacher, and I choose to put my son's practice time ahead of mine every day, so my piano practicing is low man on the totem pole each day! But I am loving it!

On a related note, our new piano arrives on Thursday... I can't wait! My son and I ended up selecting a Young Chang YP157 baby grand. It's pretty small, but it's the Platinum class YC, and sounded beautiful at the dealer. It had been on the floor for a while, so we got a really good deal I think. Can't wait to play it and hear my son play it.

Cheers to all --

#1214543 - 06/09/09 10:28 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Zenobe]
kennychaffin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good for you as well Zenobe. You are probably getting more practice time in than I am lately...

#1214634 - 06/09/09 12:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: marimorimo]
dukeofhesse Offline

Loc: wilmington nc
I have been lurking for quite a while, mostly because I hit a stone wall with Chiapenacas and my piano time kind of dwindled to nothing. I'm back at it now and have practiced that song about eight million times and it seems I am actually getting worse.

Has anybody else had that experience with Chiapenacas or any other piece? I'm very discouraged. I can play either hand like a pro but my brain explodes when I try to put them together.

#1214640 - 06/09/09 12:34 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: dukeofhesse]
kennychaffin Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: dukeofhesse
I have been lurking for quite a while, mostly because I hit a stone wall with Chiapenacas and my piano time kind of dwindled to nothing. I'm back at it now and have practiced that song about eight million times and it seems I am actually getting worse.

Has anybody else had that experience with Chiapenacas or any other piece? I'm very discouraged. I can play either hand like a pro but my brain explodes when I try to put them together.

You might need that surgery where they slice your brain down the middle and separate the halves. smile smile smile

#1214685 - 06/09/09 01:41 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and ALL in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: dukeofhesse]
Strings & Wood Offline

Originally Posted By: dukeofhesse

There is pretty good material beyond "Chiapanecas". FWIW...I did get a ok recording for my file, but tried to play this yesterday and pretty well stumbled all the way through it. It definitely is not worth brain surgery. May be time to move on to something more pleasant?
I started Scarborough Affair this past weekend and I am enjoying this one quite well. There are some tricky finger shifts but the harmonies are different and fun to play.

Schimmel K213 NWS

Page 79 of 191 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 190 191 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
82 registered (36251, Beemer, AmyHsu, anotherscott, Al LaPorte, ando, 21 invisible), 1202 Guests and 31 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250128 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
04/18/14 01:21 AM
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
04/17/14 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
04/17/14 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
04/17/14 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
04/17/14 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission