Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 28 of 159 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 158 159 >
Topic Options
#1208586 - 05/30/09 11:49 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
BDB Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Oakland
Originally Posted By: Jerry Groot RPT
http://www.playdeadpics.com/images/photos/lg/35.jpg

I think Diane got mad at the last piano tuner. I'm staying away.

I hate it when I get called to fix a piano after that has happened!

(ad 568) Win a Year Journal Subscription
Win a year subscription to the PTG Journal
#1208602 - 05/30/09 12:34 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Grand Rapids Michigan
I would say that a few tuners in here need to be unstrung.
And:
Some orchestra leaders should be disbanded.

Did you hear about the stupid pianist who kept banging his head against the keys? He was playing by ear.

Definition of a piano tuner: A person employed to come into the home, rearrange the furniture, and annoy the cat. The tuner's chief purpose is to ascertain the breaking point of the piano's strings.

A note left for a pianist from his wife:
Gone Chopin, (have Liszt), Bach in a Minuet.

These jokes are so bad I can't Handel them.
They make me Lizstless.
They can be too Mendlesohm.
You'd better go out Bach and stay in Haydn.

Edited by Jerry Groot RPT (05/30/09 12:47 PM)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208632 - 05/30/09 01:45 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Western Canada
True!

If you don't fix my piano well, I might have to fix your CAR!

#1208639 - 05/30/09 01:54 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
RPD Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Kalamazoo Michigan
Originally Posted By: Ron Alexander
But what surprises me even more, is how long it took "The Whiners" to come in here and try to ruin it.

There have been many threads in this forum that didn't deal directly with piano technology. Two of the whiners have participated in those. So what is the deal with this one? Sleezy, inappropriate???? Bullcrackers!!!!!! You people see more sleeze in prime time TV!!!

Sorry Ron. You will have to count me among your so called "whiners" too. As members of this forum, how can we help but notice what the general public sees, when its at the top of our technical page????

I like humor and jokes as well as the next guy...but this flirting and grungy picture content is just inappropriate for a professional forum; in the past weeks you've called members "idiots" and now whiners...but neither cyber bullying nor name calling makes posting smutty pics and content ok. I've not publicly complained until now, but it sits very visibly at the top of our forums, and the real professionals here who don't prefer to traffic in double entendre or sexual inuendo are forced to tolerate this junk.

Personally, this is out of bounds and should be placed, at minimum, in a seperate "OT" section. It started innocently enough, but its morphed into content that needs to be moved off center.

Some of you are senior members of PTG. And, as members your actions and commentary in a real way impacts (read represents) other members...and even other non-member professionals in the field. In spite of what may be your original intent, this thread now smacks of a bunch of "old boys" drinking beer and talking sleaze. Its just plain disrespectful to the trade, and the general public.

Take it somewhere else guys. People are beginning to notice.

RPD
Piano-Tuner-Rebuilder/Musician www.actionpianoservice.com

#1208655 - 05/30/09 02:14 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Jerry Groot RPT
http://www.playdeadpics.com/images/photos/lg/35.jpg

I think Diane got mad at the last piano tuner. I'm staying away.

That looks bad...might even make a tuner want to start tuning with the lids down wherever possible! grin

#1208693 - 05/30/09 03:14 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Let's take this outside! smile

Tuners can be at the beach and working at the same time! Weather is just too good to be inside!

#1208815 - 05/30/09 07:38 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: North Carolina
Yes, it's a good day to take it outside...the weather is fine...the rain is gone...life is good. But I think I will stay here in the basement and enjoy a beverage before Jerry disposes of them all!!!!!! I dont wanna get stuck washing the sand off the car either.

You can call me Don, you can even call me Juan...but most people just call me Ron...except for the Emily's of the world...got a good laugh outta that Jer. BTW I apologize for calling you guys who want us to go away "whiners." But far too many people in this Forum need to loosen up a little. If you dont like a thread...dont click on it...dont read it...ignore it. It's no reflection on you or your professional abilities, which most of you take far far far too seriously...

My only gripe is I cant figger out how to post a pic.

#1208818 - 05/30/09 07:41 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Like so:

Code:
[img]http://www.playdeadpics.com/images/photos/lg/35.jpg[/img]

Gives....

#1208819 - 05/30/09 07:45 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
BDB Online   content

Quote:
My only gripe is I cant figger out how to post a pic.

It is easy. Get your picture file ready, sized appropriately. Go here, and follow the instructions. When it is uploaded, you will get an email with the address. Choose the full reply form, and choose the fourth button from the left. Copy the address, and the picture will show up.

You can even use it for on-topic pictures, like this one of a piano with an amazing new action:

#1208826 - 05/30/09 07:55 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

BDB, thank you for linking to the File Uploader. I've been looking for it ever since the new forum software came online, for those times I don't want to use the Photo Gallery.

#1208830 - 05/30/09 08:01 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yes, thanks so much BDB. I think the major problem I'm having is the picture is not a jpeg, even though the file type shows it as such. I need to find my photoshop software, and get busy photoshopping some pictures...nice ones...no offense to anyone...even the easily offended!!!!!

#1208859 - 05/30/09 09:00 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Didn't work! Guess I'm picture poster illiterate!

Edited by Jerry Groot RPT (05/30/09 09:29 PM)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208873 - 05/30/09 09:33 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Quote:

Hey! I'm getting it! But, I cheated. I copy pasted yours!

Edited by Jerry Groot RPT (05/30/09 09:34 PM)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208874 - 05/30/09 09:35 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Hey! Whaddaya know! I dooed it! Now to remember how next time.
This is a picture taken at our cottage looking to the west. A nice sunset.

Edited by Jerry Groot RPT (05/30/09 09:40 PM)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208905 - 05/30/09 10:07 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

It still wont work for me...All I get is the URL...no picture. Scratching head here...back to the basement...errr I mean drawing board!!!!

#1208917 - 05/30/09 10:26 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Well, I don't want it here forever. Just for fun so, I deleted it...

Edited by Jerry Groot RPT (05/30/09 11:49 PM)
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1208922 - 05/30/09 10:42 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I believe you got it Jerry.

I see a strong resemblence there Jer...but your ears grew inward as you grew up....must be all that aural tuning over a period of years!!!!! hehehe

#1208933 - 05/30/09 11:10 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
RPD Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Kalamazoo Michigan
Originally Posted By: Ron Alexander
BTW I apologize for calling you guys who want us to go away "whiners." But far too many people in this Forum need to loosen up a little.

Ron, I thought your reply was classy, and I appreciate that. And, in reading my post earlier I'm not trying to be hard core with anybody either...I might have come on a little strong. If so, back atcha with the apology.

My opinion is unchanged...I think the Forums should allow the good folks here to talk "OT" in a special area for that...which, apparently it does not.

Peace all...

RPD
Piano-Tuner-Rebuilder/Musician www.actionpianoservice.com

#1209150 - 05/31/09 11:18 AM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: RPD]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Well, seeing as how this originally started out as a weather related topic, more or less, the weather here today is balmy. Sunny, tropical, comfortable, calm and NO SNOW! May has been a bit cool but, is a very unpredictable month usually so this is nothing new.

How is the rest of your weather out there?
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1209205 - 05/31/09 01:32 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
rysowers Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Olympia, WA
Here in the great Pacific Northwest (the land of perpetual drizzle) we are having a run of blue skies and temperatures in the high 70's and 80's! We are enjoying it immensely, but I'm wondering about all those pianos I tuned last month...

BTW this has been an entertaining thread! I agree that folks need to lighten up. This has been WAY tamer than what you see in any PG13 movie these days! It says OT in the title. Nuff said.

People can be so controlling and sensitive. That's fine. I just hope they don't get anywhere trying to control what happens here.

www.pianova.net

#1209222 - 05/31/09 02:04 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: rysowers]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Here in the Sunny Southland it's getting hot. The sun is out and the high's are to be in the upper 80's with the humidity is going up. All those pianos tuned since January are going to need it again!!!!!

Ryan, thank you for your comments, and for your point of view. I love talking about pianos as much as anyone. Just ask Jerry Groot...I worry him to death sometimes with questions and advice, and if I feel I have something to add to the other threads, I do not hesitate to do that. Ryan, you're a scholar and a gentleman, and I for one, appreciate that!!!!!

So back to the weather....until Diane gives us sometime else to giggle over!!!!

#1209228 - 05/31/09 02:21 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Thanks Ryan, BDB and others for the positive comments.

This thread is meant for fun, off topic entertainment mostly nothing to do with pianos and a lot of laughter and puns.

It's a shame that a "few" have to complain rather than just not read it. That's what I do when I find a thread i don't care about, skip over it. I've seen a whole lot worse on television where any age kid can watch it. This is very tame by any comparison but, it will lighten up as it already has to some degree.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1209256 - 05/31/09 03:21 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
BDB Online   content

What would help is some way of marking a topic as "read" even if you have not. There have been times when I have wanted to do that, even with this one.

#1209305 - 05/31/09 04:37 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Nice n warm! Still and with thunderstorms building all around. smile

#1209354 - 05/31/09 06:51 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Horowitzian]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, I'm back!

Was at the pool all day and . . . got a SUN BURN!
Would show you all my sun burn, but . . . I'd get into trouble.;) So here's a picture of the pool! Oppps, wrong pool, just a minute. . .

There we go, RIGHT POOL! Now I just need ICE for this SUN BURN!

Edited by Diane... (05/31/09 06:52 PM)

#1209403 - 05/31/09 08:15 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Diane...]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Great pics! I never could figure out why anyone would want to go swimming in ice water! ?

P.S. Welcome back!
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1209405 - 05/31/09 08:18 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
BDB Online   content

Beats swimming in boiling water!

#1209407 - 05/31/09 08:20 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: BDB]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

You got me there!!!
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

#1209415 - 05/31/09 08:32 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Jerry Groot RPT]
Ron Alexander Offline
1000 Post Club Member

BDB wrote:
Quote:
Beats swimming in boiling water!

That shivers me timbers!!!!! When I read that I almost fell on the floor!!!!

Interesting pool with piano keys....but what I really found interesting are the Canadian Palm Trees...good to see them growing green again. Love Canadian Coconuts!!!!!!

#1209444 - 05/31/09 09:46 PM Re: OT Paging Jerry Groot (and any one else living [Re: Ron Alexander]
Jerry Groot RPT Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Ya, gotta "hand" it to her on that picture. Get it Ron? Hand? palm? grin

On the other (oh boy) "hand" (well, there are two hands) that pool sure does look inviting.
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.

Page 28 of 159 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 158 159 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
123 registered (Almaviva, accordeur, 39 invisible), 1263 Guests and 40 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153595 Topics
2251130 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
12 minutes 57 seconds ago
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Today at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Today at 10:01 PM
Casio PX 850
by ryand90
Today at 07:41 PM
Am I Too Old?
by HatemTarek22
Today at 07:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission