2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
49 members (Cheeeeee, Dalem01, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, 6 invisible), 2,085 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
The New Philharmonia called me yesterday and they are honoring group pricing for us of $20. Sometime next week they will let me know of the ticket code that you will use to buy your seats on their website. I will email all with the code just as soon as I get it.

The agent's remark was priceless. She thought that arranging for tickets thru their website would make the most sense for an internet group like us! laugh

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
So when exactly is anyone going to tell me more about an art case Estonia?

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Pete all I know is what Indrek Laul told me a few weeks ago. He is having a fancy case concert piano made to be shown at NAMM in LA. It will then be loaded onto a truck to be shipped here for the concert with little time to spare!

We are looking forward to seeing and hearing it!

smile

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Thanks, Bee. Dying to see new Estonia models.

Beelady, I had pm'd you earlier to add me to the list.

Lee B.
BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Mr. and Mrs. BeeLady
Frank and Sister
Larry Buck and ??
Terrytunes and Stevetunes
palley and guest
Jeanne and LloydW
KathyK
John Citron + guest
LeeBea

Consider yourself added, Lee! smile

ChrisW1...maybe

BeeLady

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Happy new year! I can make it and would like to invite all, assuming plans in another pre-concert direction aren't too far along. We are 5 miles from Babson.

The Holidays are what they were and it was hard to get this going sooner. Bee, let me know how it sounds to you. I haven't got tickets, or a babysitter yet, so I am ready to comit to one additional. I'm thinking about a BYO wine & cheese kind of thing, as usual. We'll have some stuff on hand. Concert is at 8PM. How does a 5:30-6:00 start sound?

I promise the piano (that other brand smile ) will be tuned and ready.

Chris W1

Amateur At Large
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Chris, thank you for offering your home as a gathering place prior to the concert!

I guess we'll await Beeladys return (sometime this week)to finalize plans.

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Thanks, Chris, that sounds perfect. I will have more details in the next few days.

For those not following the other forums, I have been away..... at Montana de Luz

I will privately email or pm members with details.

BeeLady

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
It all sounds wonderful.

I have still got to figure out if this performance or the Sun afternoon one is the one that I can attend. I am not a late night driver. Guess I had better make up my mind soon, huh? Maybe I can get someone to attend with me and join the group. If so, no problem if the ticket block that you purchased is not available...I could get something separate and join the group at Chris's for the get together.

Roberta

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
I am very sorry to have to send my regrets. I just realized that my daughter's fiddle fesitval is on the same day. She's been working up the tunes for a couple of months, but I only recently became aware of the scheduling conflict. I was contemplating trying to make both events, but it generally runs into late afternoon and is north of us (near Augusta), so I'd miss John's gathering and be rushing like crazy. frown

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Things have a been a bit crazy here and at New Phil. They were having a problem with their website ticketing and I have been waiting for their ok and a discount code before letting everyone know how to buy tickets. I have tomorrow as my absolute deadline, if they haven't cleared it up. Either you will be able to buy online or call. They have set aside a block of tickets just for PW members. You will receive an email and/or pm from me tomorrow with instructions.

Guess waiting wasn't such a bad idea, huh Kathy? Sorry to miss you. And I so wanted to go to Zimman's with you frown ! Ah, well, next time.

Roberta, you are welcome to come and stay with me as it seems I will now have a vacancy! You could drive here in daylight and ride with us in the evening then go home in the morning. I am about half way to Babson from you. You are more than welcome and would not be the first PW member to stay with us! We have references! smile

BeeLady

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Ok guys, got the ticketing sorted out. If you are attending the concert on Feb 11, I have sent you an email or pm (or both!) with ticketing instructions.

Anyone who has not RSVP'd to me here or privately who would like to attend, please let me know and I will send you ticketing instructions.

Now on to figuring out how we can get together before the concert. Watch this space! smile

BeeLady

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Bee.. thanks for organizing this gathering!

I received your msg and moments ago successfully completed the online purchase of 2 tickets with the discount included in the final total.

KK... truly disappointed you won't be able to join us!! frown I'm heading up to ME this wknd... I'll send you an email.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and possibly some members I haven't met.

Anyone need a name tag?? wink

J
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
J
Just ordered my tickets on line. Looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing that 9 foot Estonia and Indrek Laul. Yes, we'd like an update on what's happening before the concert??

Jeanne W

P.S. Just had my piano tuned yesterday. It sounds WICKED GOOD. laugh

Music is about the heart and so should a piano be about the heart. - Pique

1920 Steinway A3
My Piano Delivery Thread:
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/107473/1.html
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
BeeLady and I spoke a few hours ago and we're on for a pre-concert gathering at our house, Saturday.

So, that's 5:30PM. I'll be PM'ing the directions and was thinking of keeping it pretty simple. We'll have light beverages, as well as a little bit of food. Anybody coming, who can bring something extra, is invited to post what they want to bring in this thread. So far, I'm a little light on finger foods, maybe one or two hot things, more crackers, cheese, a little more wine, beer...whatever works.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it. We should be able to quickly shuttle over to Babson as late as 7:45PM. I'm exited over having the opportunity to host. Come join us!

Chris W1
PS - Jeanne, I'm jealous. KathyK and Lilylady, its too bad to see you may not make it frown

Amateur At Large
BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
I will bring some sort of finger sandwiches.

And my camera! laugh

BeeLady

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I will bring along some grilled marinated chicken strips. They'll be on wooden skewers; thus, one more item that requires only finger pick-up!! wink

L
L
Bee Lady -

Got our tickets today. So please add Bob and Liz to your list. Not sure if we'll be able to attend the pre-concert festivities, but would certainly bring something, probably of the crudite/dip category.

BeeLady Offline OP
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
Hope you two can make it! You are in for a treat! These folks are nice and boy can they play the piano!

I'll send you directions or you can ride with us.

For other forumites, lp is my tech! smile

BeeLady

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission