Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 36 of 100 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 99 100 >
Topic Options
#1203366 - 05/21/09 10:57 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: TTigg
Well at least with #3 we'll all be in the same boat as there is only one option (all-in-one).

Those of us already in Book 3 are patiently waiting for you people nearing the end of Book 2 to join us - we're a small but dedicated crew looking for the infusion of some exciting new "blood" to enliven the conversation and spur us on to higher levels of skill and musicality - what seems to be the holdup? wink To much "wallowing in your comfort zone"? grin

Regards, JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1203395 - 05/21/09 11:33 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TrapperJohn]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: John Frank

Those of us already in Book 3 are patiently waiting for you people nearing the end of Book 2 to join us - we're a small but dedicated crew looking for the infusion of some exciting new "blood" to enliven the conversation and spur us on to higher levels of skill and musicality - what seems to be the holdup? wink To much "wallowing in your comfort zone"? grin

Regards, JF

grin laugh well I was off-track by deciding to learn another Wayne Gratz song this week so now I will continue with Canon D then I'm done and will be onto #3 thumb

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1203427 - 05/21/09 12:44 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Key Notes: Wonderful to hear from you! I often wonder what you are up to with the piano and am glad you're moving along nicely! You "gotta" watch Halloween: it's an American horror classic laugh (unless you don't like the genre, which is understandable).

John Frank,
Haha, :D, I had a nice chuckle at the last part of your post, that's good.

#1203429 - 05/21/09 12:49 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

I have not posted an update (as a normally do) in a while for various (and uninteresting) reasons. However, five or so days ago I gave myself the pass on Musetta's Waltz. Yesterday I gave myself the pass on Battle Hymn of the Republic. I am currently on The Riddle. I have neglected making recordings (and thus providing updates), but this morning I decided to record a quick performance of Musetta's Waltz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC9eO-asL78

BHOTR was not too difficult and I will make a recording of it tomorrow (hopefully). The Riddle seems (thus far) to be somewhat easy but we'll see.

W

#1203491 - 05/21/09 03:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: TTigg

Regards, JF

grin laugh well I was off-track by deciding to learn another Wayne Gratz song this week so now I will continue with Canon D then I'm done and will be onto #3 thumb

TTigg - I was only kidding, of course - please take the time to learn the Gratz piece - his stuff is real good & I'd hate to see you miss out - Book 3 will be challenging you soon enough.

Regards, JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1203527 - 05/21/09 04:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TrapperJohn]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

TTigg - I was only kidding, of course - please take the time to learn the Gratz piece - his stuff is real good & I'd hate to see you miss out - Book 3 will be challenging you soon enough.

Regards, JF

I know you were JF (hence the smiley). Yep, I learned it (A Good Question) and I like it a lot. I'll try to get a video of it later next week, got our annual Car meet this weekend so I'm going to be too busy.

Looking forward to the challenge of #3. I may actually take a break before starting it since I really should get Forest out of the way and memorized (we'll see).

Looking forward to the challenge (and assistance from you guys) when I get there...

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1203777 - 05/22/09 01:35 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
Key Notes Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: CA
Thanks Undone and Waltz for your kind thoughts and encouragements.

Sorry for not being able to post as often as I would like. Lucky that I could still remember my screen name and password. grin But here I am, 10:28 PM and haven't yet practice my piano, replying to your very thoughtful posts. Yes, while I love my new hobby, I'm afraid that I've managed to spread myself just a bit thin, but what to do, I love most everything that I do.

Thanks for the heads-up Undone regarding Alexander's Ragtime Band and Solace. They'll definitely be fun challenges for me in terms of diversities of styles. I don't mind and willing to take as long as it's necessary in order for me to get familiar and comfortable with a piece. Looking forward to it.

Waltz, I do occasionally enjoyed watching horror movies, and while I'm well aware of Halloween's statuses and popularities, it's not the type of horror that I felt I "gotta" see. Just a bit too crazy for me. grin

Oh and Undone, once you've moved on to book 3, please don't forget to occasionally come back to visit and continued to keep us book 2 people in line and give us some advice. JF will just have to learn to share you. grin

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Key Notes smile

#1203883 - 05/22/09 08:41 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TrapperJohn]
Undone Offline

Loc: USA, CT
JF – I balaim the recital. That’s my storry and I’m sticking with it. Actually, I was spending most of my practice time trying to get that recital piece into some sort of shape and now that it’s over I’m back to concentraiting on completing the final two pieces in Book 2.

I’m looking forward to moving on to book 3 and joining the small yet accomplished group of forum members posting to that thread.

Undone

#1203886 - 05/22/09 08:56 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Undone Offline

Waltz – Nice recording of Musetta’s Waltz. I like the temp and feel that youre putting into it. I think you have a couple of notes out of place however. At the poco ritard. (bottom of page one) and re ritard. (bottom of page two), it sounds like your playing a G to F with the right hand instead of going from G to E (and maybe another note or two is off afterward in this messure). Also, the final note for the left hand in each of these sections sounds like your playing a D instead of a C.

You may want to take a closer look at these sections , I think you’ll like the difference in sound.

Undone

#1203889 - 05/22/09 08:57 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Key Notes]
Undone Offline

Originally Posted By: Key Notes
Oh and Undone, once you've moved on to book 3, please don't forget to occasionally come back to visit and continued to keep us book 2 people in line and give us some advice. JF will just have to learn to share you. grin

Will do, and thanks. smile

Undone

#1204068 - 05/22/09 02:20 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Undone]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

You're probably right, I do mix up notes occasionally, and I'll have a look at it. Too bad it didn't sound more dissonant (to my untrained ears) or I would have probably been able to correct it immediately (it's always more convenient that way).

#1204071 - 05/22/09 02:23 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Here's my performance of Battle Hymn of the Republic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpiQTXgmYHU

I also finished The Riddle this morning and have moved on to The Magic Piper. I hope I don't mix up notes again, that's very vexing.

#1204166 - 05/22/09 04:57 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Undone,

What you said is absolutely accurate, thanks! I tried to play it the correct way but the way I previously learned it creates a barrier to alterations.

Good ears though, to know not only an error but the erroneous note! I was absolutely playing a D instead of the proper C. I will most certainly be more judicious in the future when reading bass notes.

EDIT I couldn't help myself. I went back and played through the error laden parts a few times to establish familiarity with the corrections. Then played through the entire piece with the corrections a few times fluently. Feels better to at least play through it as written correctly considering the time I spent learning Musetta's Waltz.

Thanks again Undone, and let me know your thoughts on BHOTR.

W

Edited by Waltz (05/22/09 10:02 PM)

#1204489 - 05/23/09 07:30 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Undone Offline

Waltz – Glad you found my comments of use (sometimes you can get away with a few missed notes here and there, but some notes will really stand out to someone that knows the piece.)

BHOTR sounds great. No notes sounded out of place here, and your tempo changes are very dramatic.

Undone

#1204634 - 05/23/09 01:51 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Undone]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Undone smile ,

Here is the corrected performance of Musetta's Waltz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou7BQ4LVaBE

Thanks again,

W

#1205501 - 05/25/09 02:06 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

My performance of The Riddle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeONg7R7eQY

#1205979 - 05/26/09 09:02 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Undone Offline

Waltz – The ending (and midpoint) of “Musetta’s Waltz” sounds much better now. As for “The Riddle”; sounds great, you got that one down cold.

Undone

#1206170 - 05/26/09 01:56 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Undone]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Undone!

In retrospect, I will have to admit, it has, in a way, bothered me that I made such a blunder with MW. I am now paranoid that I will commit something similar in the future. Thanks for the compliments on The Riddle. Isn't that a pleasant song? It's soothing in a mysterious way.

#1206173 - 05/26/09 02:01 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Here is my performance of The Magic Piper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szBuw5PETbI

NOTE: it is played at a slower pace than many renditions I've heard (but still relatively at a moderate allegro pace (to me at least)), yet playing it in this fashion helped me to keep it under control.

Also, there was more than a day in elapsed time vs. when I passed The Riddle. I was just slow on making the recording. I finished TMP yesterday and have now moved on to:

He's got the whole world in his hands

I'm very happy to be learning this seemingly very challenging piece of music (seems similar to the level of the etude).

Sincerely,

Waltz

#1206178 - 05/26/09 02:06 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Nicely played indeed thumb

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1206253 - 05/26/09 04:51 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Ttigg!

I'm still eagerly waiting on some more vids from you as well. Are you still on the second to the last piece in A2?

#1206266 - 05/26/09 05:19 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Waltz
Thanks Ttigg!
I'm still eagerly waiting on some more vids from you as well. Are you still on the second to the last piece in A2?

We just had our annual VW R32 G2G this weekend so I didn't get much practice time in and no "video" free time. I'll try to get it done soon.

Now working on Canon D and it'll be 2wks (maybe 3) before I'll be done. Then I will take a video for sure. I want to get some more videos up (soon I promise) thumb

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1206427 - 05/26/09 10:17 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

I am going to be out of town for the next few days (until Sat or Sun) and thus will probably not be posting. I hope to, at least, be able to practice some scales during my trip but we'll see if I can find a piano. . .

#1206474 - 05/27/09 12:00 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Key Notes Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: CA
I was also out of town over the long weekend and have only gotten back to practicing last night. smirk

Waltz, Nice recordings, I like the “Musetta’s Waltz” piece a lot. Looking forward to learning that one as well. Hope you can find a piano to practice with while you are away.

Key Notes smile

#1206609 - 05/27/09 07:42 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
Undone Offline

TTigg – are you learning the book version of Canon in D or are you using some other sheet music? If it’s not the book version, whose arraignment is it?

Undone

#1206610 - 05/27/09 07:43 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Waltz]
Undone Offline

Waltz – Nice job on The Magic Piper!

Undone

#1206643 - 05/27/09 09:03 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Undone]
TTigg Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Undone
TTigg – are you learning the book version of Canon in D or are you using some other sheet music? If it’s not the book version, whose arraignment is it?
Undone

I'm going to learn the "book" version 1st. I then have another version (will check and edit later) that I'll take a look at once I'm done. The book one seems long enough though shocked thumb

My You Tube | My Box.net

#1207113 - 05/27/09 08:56 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: TTigg]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
An update as my progress. I am all the way up to the second and third songs.....I just about finished up with the Bridal Chorus...Just started Guantanamera...Looks like it might take awhile...

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

#1207291 - 05/28/09 07:52 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: wj3]
Undone Offline

Wj3 – It sounds like your making good progress. I enjoyed listening to you recital piece; you should consider posting a recording of some your Alfred Book 2 pieces to this thread from time to time. I’m sure Waltz would enjoy the company. laugh

Undone

#1207346 - 05/28/09 09:46 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Cour [Re: Undone]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
Ok, I'll see what I can come up with...

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

Page 36 of 100 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 99 100 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
152 registered (accordeur, Atrys, Almaviva, Alex Hernandez, Adam Coleman, 52 invisible), 1586 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74248 Members
42 Forums
153580 Topics
2250854 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
This day, last year...
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 01:17 PM
the government and tuning.
by kc_lee
Today at 12:33 PM
Midi controller with a good keybed under 1000$
by Ov3rload
Today at 11:55 AM
Bsendorfer vs Steingraeber
by Keith D Kerman
Today at 11:51 AM
Keyboard stand
by david_ka
Today at 09:42 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission