2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,223 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Ah, OK. I have the technology to do that. But thanks anyway!

James McFadyen
Black & White Editions (c/o Devilish Publishing)
NEW PIANO MUSIC DEALS - http://www.blackandwhiteeditions.com/
R
R
I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this one because of the copyright issue. My contract with my performing rights society doesn't allow me to use a Creative Commons license or in any other way let my music be performed for free. All performances and royalties and licenses involved has to go through them.

Tad,

This is a great idea and thank you for organizing it!

I will sumbit a composition as well.. I have only one song scored, so that is what I will submit (which just happens to be my first and favorite..).

I will record using my Zoom H2 recorder.. but will need some help getting this to upload to my computer. If anyone is familiar with this recorder, please let me know. I can always record a demo of this at my local studio.

With all of the talent on this forum, I am very much looking forward to seeing what the end result will be!

Teri

C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Terimr
I will record using my Zoom H2 recorder.. but will need some help getting this to upload to my computer. If anyone is familiar with this recorder, please let me know.

If you do a search ("zoom H2" would probably do it) on the adult beginners' forum I'm sure you'll find the help you need. If not, I have a zoom H2 and can upload, so I might be able to give you some help (my computer geek son will fall about laughing at the mere thought of me offering anyone computer advice...). Try the AB forum first smile .

Du holde Kunst...
A
A
I am interested.
War and Peace tickles my fancy, as does Water.
I usually produce only midi playback because I don't have acceptable piano recording equipment or venue.

I can try to record but it'll probably have humming noise and singing budgies lol.
I can correct the budgie issue by moving them far away but I'll probably have more trouble trying to eliminate the annoying hum in my recordings.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I started my piece this morning. Unfortunately, it's going to be easier to write than it is to play. frown

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
I personally dont see a need to create a specific CD. Why CD? If you like one piece, you dont want download whole CD, do you? And everybody can compile own CD by himself if he wants anyway. If you want compose to special themes, its better to make separated threads with themes and those who are interested, can compose to the themes.
I like nature themes (e.g. "Rain" or "Snow" piano pieces I posted on this forum already).

"Music is the one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend."
Ludwig van Beethoven
C
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Pukino777
I personally dont see a need to create a specific CD....If you want compose to special themes, its better to make separated threads with themes and those who are interested, can compose to the themes.

I actually agree with you on this. It would be a bit like the Adult Beginner recitals, with pieces organised according to the themes, into threads. No trouble about deciding what's IN and what's OUT, either smile

Du holde Kunst...
T
Tar Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi everyone!

Very sorry I disappeared! Good to see people already starting working on this project! Promise I will PM Frank by Thursday. Things are just a little crazy over here!

Pukino (and, earlier, Diane) is right, with the day and age of electronic media we are no longer restricted by a "CD" idea. I am also for creating a general "compilation" project. Contrasting with an idea of an "indefinite" showcase, however, what is nice about a "compilation" project is that it specifies a theme and a deadline, thus encouraging waves of centrally themed participations.

All best,

Tar

Tar Viturawong
Amateur composer and pianist
Known on YouTube as pianoinspiration
verbis defectis musica incipit
T
Tar Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hi again everyone,

Have just PMed Frank, fingers crossed. I'm now message you to help finalise our favourite theme, please reply when you have a moment!

Tar

Tar Viturawong
T
Tar Offline OP
OP Offline
T
And hello again!! :P

Discovered that I can't PM more than five people at the same time, so I propose Plan B...

I'll pick a theme from the two proposed out of a whim. If you feel strongly against Aspects of Nature or Places of the World as our theme please PM me.

As soon as I finish discussing this with Frank I'll let you know properly. We hopefully are going to get a subforum dedicated to this.

Happy composing smile

Tar Viturawong
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission