Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
167 registered (accordeur, 36251, ajames, A-Tom, A Guy, 47 invisible), 1811 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1229679 - 07/10/09 05:02 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: John Citron]
hv Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cape Cod
Sue and I were both out that way for the holiday weekend and are looking forward to meeting everyone in Oct!

Howard

Piano & Music Gifts & Accessories (570)
Piano accessories and music gift items
#1230192 - 07/11/09 09:05 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: hv]
woodfab Offline

Loc: Stoneham, MA
How do we find out the hours people will be welcome where to go and should we bring something?

Woodfab
Dan and Luisa

#1232241 - 07/15/09 10:12 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: woodfab]
Ed B Offline

The party starts at about noon (12:00) on Saturday, we will post driving instructions as Oct gets closer. Bring your music and appetite (If you are absolutely driven to show off your favorite receipt please coordinate with Terry Tunes - sorry Terry).
For comments on local hotels read the posts on the first two Cape Cod piano parties.
nb. Woodfab ask for a tour of my (wood)shop.
Ed

#1232712 - 07/16/09 10:41 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Ed B]
woodfab Offline

Loc: Stoneham, MA
Always love a Wood-Shop

#1232745 - 07/17/09 12:16 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: woodfab]
Steve Miller Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Yorba Linda, CA
Sharon and I will be traveling to Portland that week and would like to attend the Saturday evening festivities with two friends in tow, if that's OK.

#1232831 - 07/17/09 08:31 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Steve Miller]
Piano World Offline

Loc: Parsonsfield, ME (orig. Nahant...
Originally Posted By: Steve Miller
Sharon and I will be traveling to Portland that week and would like to attend the Saturday evening festivities with two friends in tow, if that's OK.

Hey Steve, that's great, glad to hear you'll be in the area.

See you at the party.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Facebook.com/PianoWorldDotCom
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
www.youtube.com/PianoWorldDotCom
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880
-------------------------
It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!
Invite everyone you know to join our piano forums!
Coming to Maine? We're in Parsonsfield let's get together!

#1234751 - 07/21/09 11:44 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: John Citron]
pianahman Offline

Loc: Cape Cod MA
How great! a PW Forum gathering close to home ... very close: I live in Brewster. I'd love to be there.

Richard

#1234838 - 07/21/09 02:14 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: pianahman]
Piano World Offline

Great, see you there Richard.
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Yamaha P-80, Hammond XK-3, Hammond A-100, Estey 1895 Pump Organ, Harpsichord (kit), Clavichord (kit), Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880

#1235291 - 07/22/09 10:07 AM Re: By the Sea - Cape Cod Piano Gathering - Oct 2009 [Re: Piano World]
toyboy Offline

Loc: Vermont
are dogs allowed? :o)

#1236121 - 07/23/09 05:39 PM Re: By the Sea - Cape Cod Piano Gathering - Oct 2009 [Re: toyboy]
Ed B Offline

All the hosts have pets (dogs & cats) and they will be around, but to be fair this is a piano party. If you feel you must bring your dog be prepared to leave him in the car (it should be cool enough in October) or outside on a leash - we will be happy to provide shade and water.

#1237177 - 07/25/09 03:24 PM Re:Cape Cod Piano Gathering - Oct 2009 [Re: Ed B]
Piano World Offline

Bed & Breakfast suggestions in the area?
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#1240120 - 07/30/09 12:18 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Terrytunes]
tkaczyk Offline

Loc: Albany, NY
Me, my wife and my 10 yr old son would like to attend the party columbus day weekend. My son and I are the piano players and my wife is a sheep farmer and wool spinner. I restarted practice a few years ago after maybe 20yrs and realized the great opportunity to share something special with my son. We will traveling from our home near Albany, NY. I remember well my youth when I would vacation on the cape and walk out into the bay when the extended tides went out. I look forward to returning and meeting people, making and sharing some music.

Edited by tkaczyk (07/30/09 12:24 AM)

#1240351 - 07/30/09 01:16 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: tkaczyk]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Originally Posted By: tkaczyk
Me, my wife and my 10 yr old son would like to attend the party columbus day weekend. My son and I are the piano players and my wife is a sheep farmer and wool spinner. I restarted practice a few years ago after maybe 20yrs and realized the great opportunity to share something special with my son. We will traveling from our home near Albany, NY. I remember well my youth when I would vacation on the cape and walk out into the bay when the extended tides went out. I look forward to returning and meeting people, making and sharing some music.

That will be great if you can attend. Wife will find friendships with Beelady, Bernard and myself and maybe others whom I am not aware of. All wool lovers and the other two spinners and knitters!

And you, of course will enjoy the other piano addicts!

#1240444 - 07/30/09 04:01 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: lilylady]
Piano World Offline

Put us down for 2 from SE Florida, and 1 (my sister) from north of Boston.

Anyone have a rough head count yet?

Some ideas of where to stay? (Bed & Breakfast, hotels, etc.).
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#1240586 - 07/30/09 09:19 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Piano World]
Ed B Offline

You asked for a list of Motels - so here is a list of some of them:

Skaket Beach Motel in Orleans MA is a right turn off Exit 12 from Rt. 6 and your easiest access to the party. Telephone 1-800-835-0298.

The Cove Motel in Orleans is on Rt. 28 across from the Christmas Tree Shop. www.thecoveorleans.com

The Governor Prence Inn is on Rt 6A near the Christmas Tree Shop. http://www.governorprenceinn.com/

In Eastham on Rt. 6 there are 2 motels next to each other:
One is the Sheraton www.fourpoints.com and the other is
Ocean Park Inn www.oceanparkinn-eastham.com

Also in Orleans is the delightful Nauset House Inn
http://www.nausethouseinn.com/index.htm

And in Eastham THE WHALEWALK INN - EASTHAM, MA - (508) 255-0617

Two motels I don't know much about are:

Seashore Park Inn
24 Canal Road, Orleans, MA
Toll Free Reservations: 1-800-772-6453

Old Tavern Motel & Inn
Rt 6A, Orleans
Phone 800-544-7705
e-mail baderson@msn.com

I hope this helps.

#1240641 - 07/30/09 10:26 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Ed B]
Bill Potuchek Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Frank sounds great and Elaine and I will try to come if not for just one of the days. Will be returning late on the 9th from a travel conference in New Jersey. Hope some of those coming will consider going on the cruise in March (see separate thread). We only have a few cabins left. For questions they can email me at dvtravels@hotmail.com

#1240773 - 07/31/09 05:29 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Terrytunes]
jscomposer Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Boogie Down
I'm sure I'll figure out a way. The question is getting from Providence to Cape Cod.

Count me in for now.

#1240844 - 07/31/09 10:04 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: jscomposer]
kathyk Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Definitely count me in. I'll second Ed's recommendation of the Nausett House. I stayed there last time and it was lovely. But, I just called to reserve and they say they have a 2 night minimum. Hmmm - I know I only stayed one night last time. Now I'm trying to decide if I can justify 2 nights away from my family whom I can't convince to come with me.

#1240846 - 07/31/09 10:04 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: jscomposer]
Ed B Offline

Peter Pan Bus runs between Providence and Hyannis (Cape Cod) Peter Pan Link.
Unfortunately you will still need a ride to Orleans and there is a Cape Cod regional bus H2O Line.
This is a slow way to do it but it is possible.

#1240849 - 07/31/09 10:08 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: kathyk]
Ed B Offline

Kathy,
I think I heard a rumor that your son is a great pianist - just bring him along.

#1242140 - 08/02/09 04:39 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: kathyk]
Eric Gloo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Richfield Springs, New York
Originally Posted By: kathyk
Definitely count me in. I'll second Ed's recommendation of the Nausett House. I stayed there last time and it was lovely. But, I just called to reserve and they say they have a 2 night minimum.

Just a guess here, but the 2 night minimum might be because it's a holiday weekend. The last Cape Cod party was not on Columbus Day weekend.
Richfield Springs, New York

#1242220 - 08/02/09 07:25 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Eric Gloo]
Piano World Offline

Do we know where the Sunday party is going to be yet?
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#1243511 - 08/04/09 05:33 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Terrytunes]
Bill Potuchek Offline

Linda,

I'm excited as I just cleared my schedule and can come for the Saturday at least. Will give me a chance to meet you and maybe some others who are going on the cruise. I will look forward to details, directons etc. Not sure if I can stay til Sunday but will see what we can do.

#1245486 - 08/07/09 05:40 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Piano World]
Ed B Offline

Frank,

I did a rough head count and got 32 definite and 6 maybe's. I would post the list here if I could figure out how to insert an excell worksheet or a Jpeg file into the post. I suspect that some who have not yet said yes (Lilylady, Beelady, Bernard???) might be planning to come.

Ed

nb: The count does not include the 6 (or 9) hosts.

Edited by Ed B (08/07/09 05:43 PM)

#1245544 - 08/07/09 08:49 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Ed B]
Piano World Offline

Originally Posted By: Ed B
Frank,

I did a rough head count and got 32 definite and 6 maybe's. I would post the list here if I could figure out how to insert an excell worksheet or a Jpeg file into the post. I suspect that some who have not yet said yes (Lilylady, Beelady, Bernard???) might be planning to come.

Ed

nb: The count does not include the 6 (or 9) hosts.

Thanks Ed,
It sounds like it's going to be a strong turnout.

Yes, the others who haven't let us know should jump in soon so we can keep track.

If you use the full reply feature, it's fairly easy to add pictures and attachments. You'll find a host of icons with various functions indicated by mousing over them.

However, the pictures need to be either uploaded to PW (prefered) or some other site so you can point to the full url where they reside.

We are looking forward to this years parties, should be a lot of fun.

Edited by Piano World (08/07/09 08:51 PM)
www.PianoSupplies.com
Find Us On:
Twitter.com/PianoWorld
My Keyboards:

#1248931 - 08/14/09 07:08 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Piano World]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

I am planning on being there!

#1249840 - 08/15/09 02:38 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: lilylady]
Bill Potuchek Offline

I Bring some pictures of the Liberty of the Seas with me. If anyone is "on the fence" for the cruise in March remember the prices will be going up on August 25th. See the separate "thread" on the cruise for info. Can't wait to meet a lot of you on the Cape.

#1251607 - 08/18/09 08:28 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Bill Potuchek]
Terrytunes Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Tewksbury MA
I thought I'd throw out another suggestion for those who are coming a distance and looking for a place to stay. The Cape also offers a large selection of rental homes. For those who are planning to be on the Cape Friday nite to Monday morning, you might find it worth checking into rentals on weneedavacation.com or even craigslist. There might be a little extra clean up in the end but if you're looking to save some $$$$ this could be a good option.

And who knows, you might even find a house rental that includes a piano!!! grin

#1252937 - 08/20/09 08:27 PM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: Terrytunes]
ines raquel Offline

Loc: New York City
I would love to attend with my husband. We have a house in Orleans so this is perfect. Could you send me more information about this event? Do we bring food? Is every guest supposed to play ? Looking forward to more news.

Ines Raquel

#1253185 - 08/21/09 07:40 AM Re: Cape Cod Piano Party 2009 Coming Up - Join Us! [Re: ines raquel]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Hello Ines,

That's great! As we get closer to the event, I am sure that the hosts will send out specific directions to their homes. 3 are in the same block/back yards!

Goodies are always welcome at PW parties and part of the fun. I remember eating all day at the Cape Cod party. One home for hor d'heuvres, one for even more, one for main courses plus, and Sun morn for breakfast! Some guests bring light things, some go all out.

Then there's the liquid refreshments too. Lighter and wines/beers.

No one needs to play, but we do. Even we scaredy cats! We love to share music and that's what it is all about. No pressure, no recitals. Jazz, classical, pop (Frank is the king of pop!). Some beginners, some more advanced. Some kids too! Some mistakes and some wowsers. Sometimes we even have to kick a player off the piano so we get to try all of them!!! ha ha ha

So come and join the fun. It is a very friendly group! There are pics up for past get togethers. CC 2007 2006 2005 I think as well as several other PW parties in the 'party forum'.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Good Practice Amp for Roland FP7F?
by TheloniousPunk
15 minutes 56 seconds ago
Kawai
by daz100
30 minutes 39 seconds ago
New at the forum and some questions
by Kua
Today at 03:31 PM
It's Beethoven's birthday today...
by Polyphonist
Today at 03:12 PM
Elbow pain
by acollins
Today at 12:49 PM
Forum Stats
77325 Members
42 Forums
159942 Topics
2348824 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission