2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (benkeys, Burkhard, apianostudent, Bellyman, AlkansBookcase, accordeur, akse0435, 14 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1222966 06/26/09 08:08 AM
J_N Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi!

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or the teachers' forum... I made a short compilation of me playing the piano (excerpts from several pieces) and was wondering if anyone could have a look and give me some feedback on my hands?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNzgQFYaO7E (no sound, except for the noise the keys make... didn't think it would be necessary and you can't hear my mistakes this way ;))

I don't have any problems with pain or fatigue or anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean I am doing it right smile

I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Julia (who should actually be concentrating on her dissertation... piano is just more fun :D)

“The piano has been drinking, not me.”
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Looks alright, maybe need a bit more flexibility in the wrist. Wish you had posted with the piano on so at least we could hear the music too. It felt weird watching you play with the click click click LOL! laugh

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J_N Offline OP
OP Offline
thank you for your answer Morodiene... I found the click click click quite amusing... I didn't know my DP was making so much noise... laugh what exactly do you mean by 'more flexibility in the wrist'? I always thought the wrist should move as little as possible... smile

I always make mistakes when I record myself, which is why I didn't bother recording the music (I have to record it separately... can't play with speakers here) and funny enough, apart from a bit of hesitation during 'Blue Danube' (the second piece ;)) I made it through without mistakes... >.>

The pieces are 'Lazy Haze' (original composition by the method book author Carol Barratt), 'The Blue Danube' (arrangment), CanCan (arrangment; recording soon after I learned it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIR5fS1bLPU) and 'Sehnsucht[=Longing]' (no idea who composed it... but it's a nice piece; recording from about a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8US6mvEJDw) the second piece I learned (my first teacher didn't use any method books... only pieces) just in case someone was wondering smile

“The piano has been drinking, not me.”

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission