Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 71 of 90 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 89 90 >
Topic Options
#1203772 - 05/22/09 01:32 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Jay]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Singapore
Hi Jay

Yah man .. Porchey 911 ...
These guys are fabulous right?
Seek market where got good lobang,
enter market big time, make big.
I'll start one too selling used porchey n GTRs hehehe
(maybe radio control ones lah)

Also yah man, lazer printer type photo copy are low price.
Last time 1 simple function copy is way beyond reach except those phtocopy shop. Now the PC lazer printer also have this scan/copy function.

Where did you get your photostat machine from?
Those workhorse multisorter auto feeder type?

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1203832 - 05/22/09 03:44 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Jay]
Maxlee Offline

Who say that a fully reconditioned and repair piano in malaysia is impossible? Look at the pics and the condition. I went to the showroom and played on it. It is great. Check this page as i told Mr.Ho to load the pics in.

http://wagnermusicshop.blogspot.com/2009/05/wagner-piano.html

#1203833 - 05/22/09 03:51 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Maxlee]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Maxlee, i fully support what you are doing in promoting the piano industry movement.

But i don't get it??
Who is arguing that it is impossble? JinJack? Jay? Me?
Sorry i may have miss out the words between the lines laugh

cheers

#1203845 - 05/22/09 05:18 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Jay Online   content

Loc: AUD
i got the machine from kepong. they mainly sell reconditioned machines. mine is ricoh with the auto feeder ... but it doesnt matter as long as it prints. finally i had my analog copier (20+ years) replaced. at least now it's digital. wonder if analog copier can be reconditioned...

nobody said that reconditioning or repairing of piano is impossible. anything is possible nowadays as long there is market for it.

many donkey years ago nobody wants chicken liver. they all given away for free. wah now u see those chicken rice shop selling like hot cakes... nothing is impossible....

Edited by Jay (05/22/09 05:22 AM)

#1203849 - 05/22/09 05:49 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Jay]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

oh yeah, digtal one just scan once print multiple copies.
Analogue one key rotating, chek-ka-Chang chek-ka-Chang chek-ka-Chang ee ee ee ee. Ok good information. Yu Pee Yu chii

Chicken liver??
How about pig(sorry non halal vocabulary) blood ice cream at si ling taiwan?
The tour guide introduce, very nice try... no thanks, i'll pass
I prefer the normal stuff like ice bobo chacha. I can't imagine gooey things .... can't break the phobia barrier

#1204461 - 05/23/09 05:27 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Maxlee Offline

well i am not arguing with anyone here. it is just that i actually see the process of recondition and repair of used piano. I can see the differences in both the image and the touch. There are a few companies in asia i know of who can actually do the whole process.

#1205338 - 05/25/09 01:52 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Maxlee]
W Boye Offline

hi all, I am shopping for a piano for my 9 year old. We tried a few pieces of the Wilhelm Tell 132 Zurich Piano at Gramercy last weekend. The built quality seem very good value for money but every piece we tried were out of tune. The physical spec seem as similar to Yamaha YUS5, I think.
http://www.wilhelmtellpiano.com/pianoselection_132zurich.htm

Appreciate if anyone here who have tried a well prep 132 Zurich share his/her impression.

Thanks.

#1205851 - 05/25/09 11:59 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: W Boye]
Digitus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Maxlee,

I have a question for you: Do you have any business relationship with Wagner Music and/or its associated companies? Do you receive commission from them or any other piano dealer for selling pianos on their behalf? Are you trying to recruit people to sell pianos for you and/or Wagner?

Simple yes or no answers will do. laugh

You have asked posters to PM you for price lists. Why would you do that unless you are selling pianos either as a freelancer or on behalf of a dealer?

There is nothing wrong with that, particularly if you are offering well re-conditioned pianos at good prices. That can only be a good thing! But I think PW members in Singapore and Malaysia should know that you are in the business of selling pianos. It is also a forum rule, as I have pointed out to you before.

Also, I'm sure that people who buy pianos from you will want assurances from you that they will have long-term access to competent piano technicians to help keep their pianos in good shape for years to come, wherever they may be in Singapore and Malaysia.

#1205879 - 05/26/09 01:39 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: W Boye]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: W Boye
hi all, I am shopping for a piano for my 9 year old. We tried a few pieces of the Wilhelm Tell 132 Zurich Piano at Gramercy last weekend. The built quality seem very good value for money but every piece we tried were out of tune. The physical spec seem as similar to Yamaha YUS5, I think.
http://www.wilhelmtellpiano.com/pianoselection_132zurich.htm

Appreciate if anyone here who have tried a well prep 132 Zurich share his/her impression.

Thanks.

Well, you could try to request Gramercy to have it tuned and sms you go back when it's done to try out. I'm sure its a reasonable request laugh
I've tried their grand as well, it really sounds nice - that was 1.5yrs back.

#1205881 - 05/26/09 01:45 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hi Digitus

Guess its good to be transparent at all times laugh
I believe most adults here can see through the promotional issues churn out and made a decision.
Its courageous of you to speak out for us forumer here.

thks

#1206087 - 05/26/09 12:05 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Digitus Offline
500 Post Club Member

I personally have no issue with Maxlee selling pianos to make a living, and I have good reason to believe that he is doing just that (probably among other things).

The transparency that self-declaration on PW brings is in the interest of the piano buying public, many of whom don't know enough about pianos. They therefore tend to rely on what they read on forums like this one, and what the piano dealers tell them.

There are some members of PW who even feel that 'advertising' your own personal piano for sale in a thread (even one that you start yourself) is bad form. I mentioned in a post last year that my K-8 was for sale, only to be told in no uncertain terms by one PW member to pay for an advert instead! ;p

Originally Posted By: snoopycar
Hi Digitus

Guess its good to be transparent at all times laugh
I believe most adults here can see through the promotional issues churn out and made a decision.
Its courageous of you to speak out for us forumer here.

thks

#1206310 - 05/26/09 06:41 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Digitus]
taberareru Offline

Loc: SG
Hi dear ppl,

I have stumbled upon this place when I was doing my research on piano online. I am a adult beginner who has just started my piano lessons like a few months ago, and I have been practising using my Yamaha Clavinova YDP-101. But after some time, I can't help but notice the difference between playing an actual acoustic piano and a digital one. Mostly for me it's the touch and responsiveness. So currently I am looking for a replacement for my digital piano.

I'm thinking of purchasing a used one, since I'm not really sure whether I will be venturing long on this interest, but I do need a decent piano to help me since I had decided to take my Grading exams.

I dun really have much of a budget, maybe around 3k max. =X
But I have been tempted by a 20+ years Yamaha U3 whom the owner is selling ard 3.8k. Is this a good catch? Haven't arranged for a viewing yet though.

I know I should be going around looking at the pianos in stores, but I'm kinda embarrassed to try them out with my limited skills, plus I dun really know what to look out for and what questions to ask since I'm kinda quite new at all these. >.<
I had browsed through the first ten plus pages, and with all the information in them, it seems the haunt for a right piano is a pretty daunting work~

#1206424 - 05/26/09 10:14 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Piano [Re: Wzkit]
angga888 Offline

Hi everyone,

I am newbie in piano world. I am adult (25 years), willing to buy a decent piano (preown is ok), my budget is around 5k. I will be the one who plays it.

I found Cristofori brand, they sell the upright grand U52SSD (132 cm) for S$5999 (they are willing to give 5% less).
- Are there any review about Cristofori piano?
- Are there someone here who has using it?
- How about the durability?
- Compared to Hailun?
The sound quality seems nice, and it has sustenuto pedal as well. They said it is assembled in China but the spareparts are from Japan and Germany.

Is it more worthed to get a new Cristofori compared to 15 y/o Yamaha/Kawai for my budget?

I used to have Yamaha UX in my country, when my dad bought it, it was 10 y/o, and it has been with me for 15 years, and the quality is still good! so I am quite confident to get a 15 y/o piano as long as it is still in good condition smile
2006 Steinway K #5770**

#1208931 - 05/30/09 11:05 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Maxlee]
Sheue Offline

Originally Posted By: Maxlee
Oops i forgot something. I just got this message from the 1st piano manufacturer on the history for malaysia and singapore. I just realized that the king of piano for 80 over years have his generations in malaysia still here, for 4th generations. Please refer to the websites below for more history, knowledge and information:

http://wagnermusicshop.blogspot.com/
http://www.wagnerpiano.com/about.htm
http://wengleemusic.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps. Take care

Sorri for my ignorance. Can someone tell me the name of the piece when you open this website www.wagnerpiano.com/about.htm ? Beautiful. I want to learn this piece!

#1208934 - 05/30/09 11:11 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Sheue]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Danville, California
Liebestraum #3 by Liszt

#1208948 - 05/30/09 11:31 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Furtwangler]
Sheue Offline

Thanks for your quick reply. Found the score too. Liszt is a great composer. I love his La Campanella:)

#1209585 - 06/01/09 03:31 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Sheue]
tanjinjack Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Malaysia
Did I miss out Maxlee's response about Digitus inquiries? Or anyone delete it? Or he/she hasn't made a response yet?

#1210124 - 06/02/09 01:01 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: tanjinjack]
turandot Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Loc: torrance, CA
My guess is that Maxlee is a wannabe piano dealer who doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.

from Maxlee on the grey-market thread

"Yup. To summarized all. It depends on your budget. The beginner can get a pretty new or pretty reconditioned Yamaha U1. If for long term, maybe an european piano like petrof, weinbach, wagner, hailun. You can get a new one that cost alot or get a reconditioned for a value for money and provides a warranty"

#1210147 - 06/02/09 02:30 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: turandot]
Digitus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: turandot
My guess is that Maxlee is a wannabe piano dealer who doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.

"Yup. To summarized all. It depends on your budget. The beginner can get a pretty new or pretty reconditioned Yamaha U1. If for long term, maybe an european piano like petrof, weinbach, wagner, hailun. You can get a new one that cost alot or get a reconditioned for a value for money and provides a warranty"

Yes, unfortunate isn't it. I searched for all of his posts and was dismayed by what I read. I hope that his apparent association with Wagner Music in Kuala Lumpur doesn't put off piano buyers in Malaysia from visiting them. They may have genuinely good reconditioned pianos for sale.

#1210151 - 06/02/09 02:50 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Digitus]
tanjinjack Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Malaysia
Originally Posted By: Digitus
Originally Posted By: turandot

Yes, unfortunate isn't it. I searched for all of his posts and was dismayed by what I read. I hope that his apparent association with Wagner Music in Kuala Lumpur doesn't put off piano buyers in Malaysia from visiting them. They may have genuinely good reconditioned pianos for sale.

No idea about their used piano stocks.
But Wagner does have some good solid new pianos selling, notably their own Wagner (Hailun) and Petrof.

#1210179 - 06/02/09 06:25 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: tanjinjack]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

confess and ye shall be forgiven .... hehehe laugh

no need to dip water ok ok ?

#1210811 - 06/03/09 03:42 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Digitus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Ah! Found it! Some of our fellow PW members have expressed amazement that this particular thread has been going on and on and on. Well, it is NOT the longest thread. In fact it is not even close to matching the longest thread in terms of number of posts. Right now, this thread contains 2120 posts. The longest thread is HERE, and it contains 4769 posts!!

Edited by Digitus (06/03/09 03:43 AM)

#1211030 - 06/03/09 12:32 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Digitus]
Roxane Offline
500 Post Club Member

^^^ Wah, a lot of Chopin fans (not me, though) out there! laugh

#1211392 - 06/03/09 10:33 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Roxane]
Bihua Offline

come on, cannot lose to Chopin! We are not posting hard enough :P So here is my 1 more post contribution!

Hahaha!!! smile

#1211401 - 06/03/09 10:48 PM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Roxane]
snoopycar Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Roxane

you are Brahms fan ? laugh

i'm a chopchop fan smile

#1211599 - 06/04/09 10:02 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Vigelic Offline

Loc: singapore
so like.. ya.. i just ordered my first piano (singapore)...

will try to put up pictures (including my serial number..?) or something..

feels like i'm taking a risk though..

#1215068 - 06/10/09 01:50 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
Roxane Offline
500 Post Club Member

i'm a chopchop fan smile

Just to keep this thread on top... not a Brahms fan either! If I could, I would only play Bach :kowtow: wink

#1215069 - 06/10/09 01:51 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Vigelic]
Roxane Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Vigelic
so like.. ya.. i just ordered my first piano (singapore)...

will try to put up pictures (including my serial number..?) or something..

feels like i'm taking a risk though..

Risk because?

#1215080 - 06/10/09 02:56 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: Roxane]
chihuahua Offline

Loc: An Oligarchy

i'm a chopchop fan smile

Just to keep this thread on top... not a Brahms fan either! If I could, I would only play Bach :kowtow: wink

Is it because of your hand span? Most ladies I know prefer Bach/Hadyn for exams. smile

#1215081 - 06/10/09 02:57 AM Re: Adult Beginner in Singapore: Buying First Pian [Re: snoopycar]
chihuahua Offline

Loc: An Oligarchy

i'm a chopchop fan smile

I love Chopin, but if I can play Rach well, he would be top of my list. :P

Page 71 of 90 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 89 90 >

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (Atrys, accordeur, Alux, ADWyatt, 34 invisible), 1388 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153567 Topics
2250638 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
24 minutes 7 seconds ago
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Piano Science
by venice1
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission