2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (1957, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,882 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 56 of 187 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 186 187
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Ahh well digital or acoustic . . . another topic for discussion.

Well it was green for a while, yesterday and today: snowstorm! So now it's -2C and the lake close by is freezing yet again.

Btw: go to this page it's an hours interview with Keith Jarrett from 2005, where KJ talks about playing cocktail piano as well as bar mitzvahs, weddings, performing with Miles, solo concerts, etc

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Jazzwee - Your lesson news made me smile. thumb

Chris - lucky you, serenading a sleeping beauty. She is a cutie.

Woody - why only 20 years left to learn? I'm planning on learning until I go to that great jam session above.

A Sudnow Method Fanatic
"Color tones, can't live without them"

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com
well said, Woody. Jazzwee is our hero and mentor here. i'm progressing at my own speed and now that i have a zoom2, will try to get a file uploaded when i'm ready.

btw Woody, we are on parallel paths...i'm 60 now, had a piano in the house since i was a kid but only played Christmas Carols (poorly) so last fall sat down with determination.

i'ts been great.....and this thread has consistently kept me engaged, practicing, and learning.

"The human brain can be quite wasteful." Chang, Fundamentals of Piano Practice
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
westarm,
Good morning. Yes, the best part about the AL thread is you can progress at your own pace. I lurked in the background with thread for a while but decided I had to add my 2 cents. All here will look forward to listening to your recordings.

I have found playing the piano is much more rewarding than when I was younger. I never did object to the hours of practice, but I never did look forward to each practice like I do now. I wish I had more time to spend on weekday evenings but work still gets in the way.

I have about a 1000 questions on your Zoom H2. I've been thinking about getting one myself. With your Acro, you would be recording acoustically same as I would. I'm interested in finding out the results. I would like to start posting my recordings for review here also.

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
westarm - Welcome back out of lurker status. Please keep posting here. It's important that we stay on page 1 of the AB forum. After all, this is "The Best Thread" of the forum hosted by jazzwee, "The Best Leader" and mentor!

A Sudnow Method Fanatic

To hear how I have progressed since 2006, check out: http://b.kane.home.mindspring.com
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
So. With nothing better to do, I put together a little arpeggio exercise based on some of the harmony's in ATTYA. Play them straight and swing.
PDF

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Way to go, Chris. Just printed it out. It's beautiful. Of "all the things you are", "GREAT" describes it best.

Thanks so much!!

A Sudnow Method Fanatic

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Yup, We got Chris back!!! Thanks

[Linked Image]
jazzwee Offline OP
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
You guys are so nice. You make this all worth it despite detractors. I've told many this, part of the reason I do this is that it improves my own playing as I try to explain. So it benefits all of us.

You guys are tops!

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Are they starting to rag you again about the AL thread? I thought that was over with. Anything we can do?

[Linked Image]
jazzwee Offline OP
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
No active discussion Woody. Just the usual drive-by shooters rating me down. Nothing new. Pretty strange though since we've all been quiet lately so just the mere presence of this thread serves to irk some idiots.

Pianoclues.com for Beginners
My Jazz Blog
Hamburg Steinway O, Nord Electro 4 HP

Chris, thanks for doing the ATTTYA arps for us. Yaaay, we have now AL and ATTTYA to work on side by side. BTW, your sleeping beauty looks great!!

Woody, I agree with you & that Jazzwee has given us such a great gift in this thread. Where can we find this kind of mentor? He is a GEM. IF it were not for this thread, I would not be able to start playing jazz, not to mention to start doing jazz solo. He had taken a lot of my jazz phobia out of the way and made each step EZ to understand so that I know exactly what to do.

Jazzwee, don't let those annonymous shooters get to you. They just want to trap you to demoralize you.

You are thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb in all our hearts and that's what counts.

I don't think it's my words in the lessons so much that's important. What is key is that when someone posts a recording and we as a group give feedback, we are giving much more specific advice and that I think is invaluable. One cannot get that from a book. It's why everyone improves so much.

I can't agree with you more. The LESSONS are concise and focused. But the BEST part for me is to be able to submit our recordings and getting feedback so QUICKLY. We need prompt feedback to keep our motivation high and to make sure we are not wasting our time doing the wrong thing but on the right track.

And all the specific advice on everybody's recordings (not just mine) had benefited me GREATLY.

Jazzwee, though you don't know us personally, but from your comments we all know that you spend a considerable amount of time listening to each of our recordings and giving us so SPECIFIC feedback so that we know how to improve -- we are greatly indebted to you and your interests to make us GROOOOOOWWWWWW in our playing. I see great improvement in everyone here within 3 short months.

Also others feedback like rintincop and fellow learners are invaluable too.

Westarm and Woody -- hope you upload your recording files soon. The more you record, the more you will play and PLAY, and the better and BETTER you will get.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Find 660 of Harry's solo piano arrangements for educational purposes and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas
Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
rintincop,
Wow! That's Jazz! I hate to admit it but I've never heard of him. I tried out the other recordings of Wynton Kelly's also. Most impresive! Let people say what they will about this thread, if nothing else, I have a new appreciation of Jazz that alone is worth logging on to the thread. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

Find 660 of Harry's solo piano arrangements for educational purposes and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas
Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
The man is amazing! It looks like he played in quite a few different bands during his time. Why is he a secret or am I just showing how limited my Jazz exposure has been? More important, who else do I not know about? Damn!

[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Oh, and I'm sorry - Thanks - I forgot in my last posting.

[Linked Image]
Page 56 of 187 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 186 187

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission