2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, Barly, 1957, 13 invisible), 2,022 guests, and 322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
OP Offline
T
Date released in Japan: 6th July 2009
Note:
1. New revolutionary actions.
2. Sound Core: Linear Morphing AIF, new sound
3. Only 11.2 kg incredible!

Pictures and more details: http://casio.jp/emi/privia/px130we_130bk.html

Hope the actions is really improved!
People who are looking for Px120/720/320 should really wait and see.

Last edited by tomohisa; 07/07/09 10:19 PM.
I don't suppose there's a translation anywhere? Any other specs of interest?
Polyphony?
Samples per key?

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
1926 Heintzman Upright, Kawai ES7
[Linked Image]
T
OP Offline
T
Why can't I edit any more??? stange~!
let me tell you .Polyhony max. 128
Samples per key not clear yet. Supposed to be at least the same as PX120.
However, the speaker is really improved, especially for PX720,
PX-130:(12cm x 6cm) x 2 8w+8w, PX720, PX-730:12cm x 2, 8w+8w
PX 720 has a different desgin from 130 which stimulate the real piano 's way of making sound.
* 16 different sound

THe new key action is designed in order to imrpove the speed of touching which is the drawback of the current series.

Anyway, it sounds a huge improvement from the current ones.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Here is a quick translation of the specs. This looks like a nice step up from the last version:

- 88 standard keyboard

- Linear morphing AIF sound source

- 3 sensor scaling hammer action keyboard

- Touch response (three steps of sensitivity selections / OFF)

- The maximum number of voices (polyphony): 128

- 16 tones (AIF sound source)
Grand piano [Modern (modern), Classic (classic),Variation(variation)], electric piano, FM E. piano, 60's E. piano, harpsichord, vibraphone, pipe organ, jazz organ, electric organ 1, electric organ 2, string 1, string 2, bass 1*, bass 2*
* "bass 1" and "bass 2" are only for [ using split function ] bass keyboard area.

- Digital effect: reverb (four sorts), chorus (four sorts), brilliance, DSP (some tones)

- Acoustic Resonance system

- Recording function: Two tracks, one music, capacity about 5,000 notes, real-time recording / playback

- Metronome: 0, 2, 3, 4 and 5, six rhythm (tempo regulation is possible)

- Built-in music: 60 songs (music library)

- Download music: One song (a maximum of about 65 KB)
* Notation capacity is 1KB= 1,024-byte conversion.

- Lesson function (right hand / left-hand part ON-and-OFF function)

- Grand piano button x2 (Modern, Classic, electric piano button)

- Duet function

- layer/split

- Temperment (preset scale): +16 kinds of temperament

- Octave shift: ±2 octave

- key transpose

- Tuning control

- Pedal: Terminal x1 (damper), 1 or attached pedal x3 pedal unit (option)

- Half pedal (damper) (with three option pedal unit use)

- MIDI function *1

- Panel lock

- Speaker:[13cm / 6cm sq.] x2

- Output: 8W+8W

- Input-and-output terminal: Headphone (3.5mm stereo mini jack) x2, the connector for 1 (damper) or pedal x3 pedal units, USB*2, an external power supply (DC 12V)

- Power supply: Home AC power supply (use by attached AC/DC adaptor use / battery cannot be performed)

- Size (width x depth x height): 1,322x286x135 mm (only main part) / 1,322x256x759 mm (stand CS-67P)WE/ CS-67PBKthe time of use

- Weight: 11.2 kg (only main part) / 21.2kg (Stand CS-67P)WE/ CS-67PBK used

- Accessories: An AC/DC adaptor, a pedal (SP-3), collection of scores, music holder

- JAN Code : 4971850361510(PX-130WE)
4971850361503(PX-130BK)

*1 A MIDI terminal is not included. The MIDI communication between this machine which uses a USB terminal, and a personal computer is possible.
(The USB cable is not included.)Use a commercial USB cable A-B type for connection with a personal computer.

*2 OS for USB: WindowsR XP Home Edition (SP2 or subsequent ones), WindowsR XP Professional (SP2 or subsequent ones the 32-bit version), Windows VistaR (the 32-bit version), and Mac OSR X (10.5.2 [ after 10.3.9 and 10.4.11 ] or later)

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Incidently, the one that looks most interesting is the new PX-330. It now has a pitch-bend wheel and a nice LCD display. It looks like it would make a very nice MIDI controller.

Japanese web page is http://casio.jp/emi/privia/px330bk.html

This one will come out in August.

K
K
I was on the verge of purchasing a PX120 to use along with Pianoteq. If the changes seem sufficient enough to warrant waiting for the PX130, I will do so. I suspect retail will be the same, as the cost in yen is identical on both the 120 and 130 pages.

In regards to the action, the website says that three sensor scaling is bring the touch close to that of an acoustic grand piano. The bass is heavier, and the higher pitched notes lighter in an attempt to reproduce the feeling of a grand. Granted, the PX120 website says something along the same lines...

I wonder if there will actually be a notable difference between the two... As was mentioned earlier, the newer PX130 no longer has a MIDI terminal attached, and instead uses a USB port.

Hmm.. Pick up a new PX130? Or look for a PX120 on closeout?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Judging by past releases, I suspect that we will not see these models in the US until next spring or summer. There has been about a 9 - 12 month delay between the release of previous models in Japan and the US release. Announcements for the US release of these models will probably be made at NAMM next year with the release to follow in May or later.

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm interested in the PX-730, seeing as I just bought a PX-720 last month. I was just about to fall into buyer's remorse when I realized that it would still take a long while before the PX-730 reaches here, and some of the improvements I don't really care about anyway. (I hardly ever use the few voices available except for the modern/classic grand piano and the current speakers are enough for me). Though I do wish the midi terminals were USB instead (Casio upgraded the PX-730 to be USB-only). I'm just curious if Casio improved the key action? It's hard for me to press repeated notes on the PX-720. The key return seems sluggish. Though that could be due to my lack of technique.

The cosmetic changes in the PX-730 seem nice. It's now available in Black Wood and Dark Cherry, and even has red felt at the top of the keys!

With technology, there's always something newer and better coming our way, so my next piano purchase will be an acoustic! grin

Working on: Schumann Album for the Young, Clementi Op 36 No. 1 (all movements), Various Bach, Czerny 599
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +
Originally Posted by DragonPianoPlayer
Judging by past releases, I suspect that we will not see these models in the US until next spring or summer. There has been about a 9 - 12 month delay between the release of previous models in Japan and the US release. Announcements for the US release of these models will probably be made at NAMM next year with the release to follow in May or later.

Rich

It might be sooner than you think. Privia Piano website

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
M
M
Well, I know what DP I'm buying then.

If seeing is believing, then I'd prefer to remain ignorant.
I've been practicing on a Privia px310 daily for almost 2 years. Unless this new model has a redesigned 3-pedal assembly, no serious player will be happy. The px310 & 320 use the sp-30 pedal unit which disentegrates in a matter of months due to cheap plastic parts. See the numerous posts on this forum. Without the Casio 3-pedal unit half-pedal is not an option. Also, why remove the midi jacks? To save $1? Most or all pro players want to be able to use external non-usb gear. The px320 already did away with the audio-in jacks that are on the px310, so I suppose this new model also doesn't have them. Why buy a DP with a speaker system you can't use with Ivory, Pianoteq, etc.? Hearing your vsti or sound module through your built-in spkrs. including feeling the keys vibrate, adds to the realism for the player, even if you're also using an external amp.

Don't you wish Casio would issue a pro model Privia? It is a great bang-for-buck instrument overall. Probably zero chance. Sigh.

Hours of fun!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Eternal Music Student,

The PX330 looks like it might have audio in/out and midi in/out (if Google Translate is correct, that is).

The stand and pedal units are also new models, the CS67 and SP32. We will see when it comes out.

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Eternal Music Student
I've been practicing on a Privia px310 daily for almost 2 years. Unless this new model has a redesigned 3-pedal assembly, no serious player will be happy. The px310 & 320 use the sp-30 pedal unit which disentegrates in a matter of months due to cheap plastic parts. See the numerous posts on this forum. Without the Casio 3-pedal unit half-pedal is not an option. Also, why remove the midi jacks? To save $1? Most or all pro players want to be able to use external non-usb gear. The px320 already did away with the audio-in jacks that are on the px310, so I suppose this new model also doesn't have them. Why buy a DP with a speaker system you can't use with Ivory, Pianoteq, etc.? Hearing your vsti or sound module through your built-in spkrs. including feeling the keys vibrate, adds to the realism for the player, even if you're also using an external amp.

Don't you wish Casio would issue a pro model Privia? It is a great bang-for-buck instrument overall. Probably zero chance. Sigh.

Eternal Music Student -

The PX-320 has audio inputs and standard MIDI jacks. I think this would be an incorrect assumption to assume that the new model would not have these features.

Regarding the SP30, in the last 12 months in my role here at Casio America I have never received one email or phone call from a dealer or one of our sales reps that has had issue with the SP30. Finding such complaints on this forum has been a big surprise to me because in fact our return rates are so insignificant. I promise to look look into this issue further and bring it up to our colleagues at Casio Japan.

Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
M
M
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
Originally Posted by DragonPianoPlayer

Rich

It might be sooner than you think. Privia Piano website

I can't wait! Literally.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
some online sites are selling the new Casio DPs already, although some say they expect more coming soon.

i found the Casio press release on this:

http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/news/article/1366/

photo of PX830:

http://www.gizmos-and-gadgets.net/c...ano-with-brand-new-sophisticated-design/

Mike_Martin:

It's great to hear from those who truly know. I stand corrected re: audio inputs on the px320. Also I stated that the midi jacks were going to be removed in the new model, based on what I read above. [I had to return my first privia model, 575, because it had no midi jacks, only usb.] Hopefully I was wrong there too.

But--the pedal unit "disintegration" is for real. The right or damper pedal needs to be much stronger as it's used hundreds or thousands of times daily. Mine broke long ago; I tried fixing it & gave up.

There are several threads on this forum detailing the crumminess of the sp-30 pedal unit. Put in a metal sleeve for those pins, so the pedals will be durable, and you'll have a fine product that will last. I'll then buy a new privia & give my old one to my sister!

Hours of fun!
M
M
Originally Posted by signa
some online sites are selling the new Casio DPs already, although some say they expect more coming soon.

Would you mind telling me which sites?

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member

M
M

M
M
It looks like Casio really improved the whole lot of Privia. I can't wait till these come out and I can hear people's impressions and reviews.

I thought they knocked up the prices, but it looks like zzsounds and such say they are the same, so I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by MadFable; 07/23/09 02:16 PM.

If seeing is believing, then I'd prefer to remain ignorant.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission