2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 13 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Turbo88 Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a full time guitar/banjo teacher who was classically trained on the piano. I took 13+yrs of lessons and finally 'burnt out'. I always received high marks at my adjudications, did well at recitals and enjoyed playing until then (I actually chose to play the piano and was not forced to play).

I've dusted off a few pieces occasionally through the years but found steady access to a piano difficult. Now I'm reconnecting w/ the piano and have a renewed passion for it.

Currently I'm working on getting my hands back in shape and playing some intermediate pieces. Indeed frustrating at times! I notice that my left hand is a little behind the right, which is probably due to the banjo being an intensive right hand instrument.

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading the archives and look forward to starting this journey again.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Glad to hear you're picking it up again, congratulations! Do you have a piano now?
Look forward to hearing how it's going.

It is better to be kind than to be right.

Professional private piano teacher since 1994.
Turbo88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the welcome. No, just a digital. My quest for an acoustic has been elevated though. I know a reputable piano tech in my area and when I find one I'll have him check it out.

M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
A digital is enough to get you started. You may want to check out the Adult Beginner Forum as well, as there are a lot of people that are in your same position.

Burn-out happens to us all if we go overboard, so just be sure to not overdo it. Since you're just getting back into it, don't practice for more than an hour a day at the most, with a break after 30 minutes. You may need to work longer than that as you go along, but that will be good for now. Of course, pay attention to your attention span. If you find your mind wandering, you've reached your limit and should stop for the day. Sleep is so important to progressing!

What pieces are you playing now?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Turbo88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the advice Morodiene.

I was going to post there but thought it was more for rank adult beginners, I shall give it a look. Being a music teacher I found the posts here interesting..guess I got stuck here wink

Yes, I find my muscles telling me to quit at about an hour or so. Playing the piano uses different muscle groups than fretted instruments no doubt.

I'm finding the Clementi Sonatinas a good place to start after a long hiatus. I don't need anything super difficult right now. When I get up to par I can up the ante.

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission