2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
25 members (drumour, Hakki, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, JohnCW, Kawai James, 8 invisible), 1,251 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
E
Great - Roberta was undecided on making a pasta dish. That solves one more question.

Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
We should be in Wellfleet some time Friday afternoon (depending on my ability to find my way).

Happy to pick something up to bring once we're down there.

Suggestions?

Also, Kathy had an idea that might help handle the usual confusion about who will play the piano when.

Numbers (1 - ?) in a hat. Draw a number when you come in, that's the order in which you will get a turn at the piano. A time (or piece) limit per player might be a good idea too.

Not trying to put a damper on things (pun intended), but it looks like a big turnout for the parties this year and some controls might be helpful.

Frank & Kathy

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

E
E
Lets not get too complicated Frank, vying for the piano is part of the fun. The Saturday hosts had an informal (over homemade pizza) planning meeting this evening and did not want any rules on who gets to play.

We (the hosts) are in party mode and we hope that everybody is ready for the best Cape Cod Piano Party ever. By the way, the food that is being planned is super. Yum

Last edited by Ed B; 10/04/09 10:34 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Oh sure, have the homemade pizza when I'm not there :-)

Fair enough Ed, you folks are the hosts.

Best,

Frank & Kathy

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I've always liked the "play when you want" system. If I were to walk in and draw #1 out of a hat, I wouldn't play. Some people need some time to relax before playing.

It can be intimidating for some of us to play in front of the rest of you. We sound great when playing the piano alone at home, but sit down with 40 people staring at you...and forget it! And telling us, "Oh, just don't think about it."...well, you just don't understand!

I consider myself an accompanist, not a solo performer. So, if anyone would like to sing or play an instrument along with the piano...bring your music and I'll hack through it!

Plus, who goes to these parties to play the piano? It's all about the food! smile

Eric Gloo
Piano Technician
Certified Dampp-Chaser Installer
Richfield Springs, New York
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Eric Gloo
I've always liked the "play when you want" system. If I were to walk in and draw #1 out of a hat, I wouldn't play. Some people need some time to relax before playing.

It can be intimidating for some of us to play in front of the rest of you. We sound great when playing the piano alone at home, but sit down with 40 people staring at you...and forget it! And telling us, "Oh, just don't think about it."...well, you just don't understand!

I consider myself an accompanist, not a solo performer. So, if anyone would like to sing or play an instrument along with the piano...bring your music and I'll hack through it!

Plus, who goes to these parties to play the piano? It's all about the food! smile

AND

Party we shall!
I am sure that once we kick Frank off the pianos, there will be plenty of time for the rest of us! (just teasing FB!)

"WE" all know what you mean about the nerves and playing. I'll make sure you and Terry have a glass of wine first, Eric!

Planning on bringing the 'famous' home grown/made salsa, some stuffed mildly/hot home grown peppers with proscuitto and feta cheese in olive oil for hors d'heuvres and oatmeal raison cookies and maybe an herbal pasta dish as well. Hey - the garden is bountiful right now.

Anyone want daylilies this year?

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
E
E
Originally Posted by lilylady

Planning on bringing the 'famous' home grown/made salsa, some stuffed mildly/hot home grown peppers with proscuitto and feta cheese in olive oil for hors d'heuvres and oatmeal raison cookies and maybe an herbal pasta dish as well. Hey - the garden is bountiful right now.

I'm answering for Roberta - She says that sounds great, she loves your salsa.

Originally Posted by lilylady
Anyone want daylilies this year?

And YES she would love some daylilies.

N
N
2 more names to be added to the list for sat.

Karen Zunti and Jim Gloo

Linda Gloo
T
T
I'm excited by the buzz of activity. I'm telling my son he will be playing on on different fine pianos. I'm hoping to make that an exciting adventure. Which one will he like the best? That is my approach anyway to heighten his interest... we will see if it entices him. It turns out we are staying in North Truro along the beach so we will be doing some traveling down the cape for the Sat gathering. We are staying through Monday and are bringing the bikes on the back of the car. It might be a little rainy until Sat afternoon, but then looks good for the rest of the weekend.

J. Eric Tkaczyk
amateur seeking to learn
N
N
2 more names to add

Karen Kelly from Dennisport

Paul Gloo from NY

I'll go back through the pages and try to come up with an approximate number of those coming.

Linda

Linda Gloo
N
N
Are you ready?

I have a count of 46 including the hosts. I know of 5 others who may be coming, at least to part of the weekend.

WOW What a great party this will be and we have so many newcomers.
Can't wait to see everyone. Remember your nametags if you have them.
I found mine yesterday and was so excited.

Linda

Linda Gloo
E
E
The locals will tell you that the trip from Truro to Orleans is Up Cape. It all has to do with winds and Down East. If you are interested in local nonsense ask me about this at the party and I will try to explain.

I hope your son has fun on the four piano's.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Hi Ed. Tell Roberta that I'll be bringing a cheese cake platter again. I was so sad to hear that Ed Papier won't be making it. We had several piano 4-hand pieces up our sleeves. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it and see you all again.

PS: The Nausett Inn was full, so I'm staying at the Parsonage Inn in E. Orleans and by sheer coincidence, they have a grand piano. Is that karma or what?

Last edited by kathyk; 10/09/09 07:13 PM.
N
N
FestivitIes begin at noon tomorrow.

CU

Linda Gloo
E
E
The party has already begun. You missed the pre-party earlier tonight in Wellfleet with Terry, Frank, LillyLady, Larry, Sue and misc. other people.

Next session at the Harrisons at Noon Saturday.

Ed

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ed's right, we had the pleasure of a pre-party party at the house Terry & LillyLady rented in Wellfleet, which just happened to come with a piano:-)

LillyLady sounded great in the afternoon, then when Kathy & I went back in the evening we had great fun listening to Sue play some amazing ragtime and stride piano!

Here's a short clip of Sue tickling the ivories...

Now we just have to hear TerryTunes and Roberta play.

And that was just the start of the festivities.
See you all at the Harrison's Saturday.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Don't let him fool ya, ole Frank did some nice tickling last nite as well!

Took pics but forgot my gadget to upload them to the computer...several cameras being used so more pics will be coming shortly!

LL

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
H
hv Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Wow, what a great party weekend its been. Sue and I have never had so much fun. A pre-party Fri nite where they had a vintage Henry Miller baby grand made in Boston. Then three venues yesterday, each with their own fine M&H. Off any minute to today's brunch at the 4th location. Been doing a little recording and picture taking so there will be more to follow...

Howard

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Back from another magical Cape Cod Piano Party. Wow, wow, wow! It was another amazing orgy of piano music, piano friends, food, and Cape Cod in its autumn glory - talk about sensory overload. I didn't do a whole lot of picture taking this time, but others were there whom I know will fill you in. But, here's a little prequel.

[Linked Image]

Here's the classic PW group piano shot. This is really only a partial photo of the comers as people were coming and going throughout the 24 hour period. This was taken at John and Helga's with their magnificent, smooth and shimmery, restored 6 ft something MH. Their house is the best for these group pics b/c of the expansive room the piano is in.

[Linked Image]

This is what happens when you try to take a picture (or listen to) Terrytunes when she's playing. But, make no mistake, she is hiding (or trying to hide) her talents under the proverbial bushel basket. What's up with that, Terry!

[Linked Image]

So, I've skipped a whole day of partying. Except for the first photo, I just totally relied on others to document the events of Saturday. I was just too busy enjoying myself. So, here we're at Kathy and Tom's house for Sunday brunch with mimosas, bloody Mary's, oh yeah, and coffee, and an amazing spread of food. It was just the perfect scene for the afterglow of the previous day.

[Linked Image]

This is rather blurry, but it's just a neat shot of Terry with her PW T-shirt chatting up Mr. PWorld himself.

[Linked Image]

Here are two of our wonderful Saturday hostesses, Roberta and Marilyn.

[Linked Image]

This is our new PianoWorld star extraordinaire - Sue. She is married to PW member, hv, and is a professional pianist of the ragtime and blues variety. I'm sure many of you have seen videos that Howard has linked to here at PianoWorld. Let me tell you, you've got to see her in person. This woman knows how to entertain.

[Linked Image]

And Lilylady mesmerizing with her Schumann, Rach and Scriabin.

Anyway, as I said, this is a very incomplete snap of the days' events, but will give you a little taste of what's yet to come. Thank you to all of our wonderful hosts and hostesses for a truly special and memorable event.

Last edited by kathyk; 10/11/09 09:33 PM.
B
B
Elaine and I want to thank you all for the great friendship and wonderful music. We have told people all day yesterday about your group, your hospitality and your great piano music. If you missed it don't miss the next one. If you think this was fun why not join us on our "Piano Cruise" on March 14th (see separate thread for details). There is still space and we will have a piano to ourselves in the beautiful observation lounge on the 14th deck on both sea days. We are pleased to be associated with you.

Bill Potuchek, CTA, ACC
Owner
Dream Vacation Travels
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission