Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1244392 - 08/06/09 12:21 AM Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este (MP3)
eric_626 Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Here's my first recording of this wondrous and uplifting masterpiece of Liszt.

Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este

I'm not sure how many of you out there will have played this piece, but I always appreciate some good feedback on my playing.

Please excuse the relatively poor quality of my microphone, some static will be audible in the climactic passages. Better recording equipment ought to be in my future investments because neither my microphone nor my camcorder are keeping up well with my playing these days!

Thanks for listening!

Piano & Music Acc. / Sheet Music

Sheet Music Plus Homepage
#1244950 - 08/06/09 06:51 PM Re: Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este (MP3) [Re: eric_626]
Theowne Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Hi eric,

Good speed at the beginining. Some people seem to just rush through it like some kind of manic waterfall, but I prefer the slower image of elegant fountains. 0:22 is the most challenging part for me personally. You seem to handle it pretty well. 0:40 around there would be really great if that "melody" to the left of the tremolos was very audible, though I know that it's kind of hard to to do that. Have no complaints with the main phrase at 1:20. However, something is very wrong at 1:28-1:38 and when it repeats at 2:09-2:16. Not sure if you learned the wrong notes or what, but was jarring to my ears. The tremolo at 2:54 is one of the most beautiful parts of the piece in my opinion so I wish you had savored it a bit more, I try to do a kind of mini-climax to it, but that's just personal taste. Very clean repeated notes around 4:00, that part is not my favourite to play but it sure is beautiful. The tumultuous passages at 5:20 were great, lovely emphasis on the left hand notes. I like to really put the power and momentum on the pentatonic rush up the scale at 5:57, you seemed to waver a bit. No complaints with the repeat of the main motif afterwards, it was great. Ending was good.

Overall, A+, great work.

Edited by Theowne (08/06/09 06:53 PM)

#1245116 - 08/06/09 10:36 PM Re: Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este (MP3) [Re: eric_626]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Nicely done. There is a spot I noticed where I think you mistook it to be G natural instead of an A. (there should be a double sharp on your score about a minute, twenty into the piece)

#1245138 - 08/06/09 11:41 PM Re: Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este (MP3) [Re: Damon]
eric_626 Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Oh wow....how did I miss that one!? You're right Damon, I did play a G instead of a G double sharp. I have a feeling I may have been half asleep and read it as a F double sharp when I was first learning that part. I think that explains what Theowne heard too! Thanks for the catch.

Many thanks for the detailed breakdown you gave there, Theowne. I agree with your comments. I'll need to become more confident with my technique to pull off some of your suggestions though, such as the pentatonic octaves at 5:57. But I'm sure it'll come with practice.

That rising passage at 0:22 certainly is something. I had to practice that alot too, my left hand had a habit of misbehaving on me and going out of synch until I figured out how to properly use my wrists to help out.

#1245504 - 08/07/09 06:42 PM Re: Liszt - Les jeux d'eau a la Villa d'Este (MP3) [Re: eric_626]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: eric_626
Oh wow....how did I miss that one!? You're right Damon, I did play a G instead of a G double sharp. I have a feeling I may have been half asleep and read it as a F double sharp when I was first learning that part. I think that explains what Theowne heard too! Thanks for the catch.

No problem. Now you have to rerecord it so I can liszten again as I never tire of lisztening to Liszt. smile

What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
10/20/14 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
10/20/14 07:58 PM
Help with my DGX-650 and Synthesia!
by Jtreimer
10/20/14 07:21 PM
Piano tuning career prospects 2014
by Morrisos
10/20/14 06:56 PM
Ack! My piano is diseased!
by TwoSnowflakes
10/20/14 06:34 PM
Who's Online
133 registered (angga888, anotherscott, 36251, anamnesis, accordeur, 42 invisible), 1434 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158392 Topics
2325874 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission