Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) End Stage Fright
End Stage Fright
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1248405 - 08/13/09 11:06 AM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
eightyeight_keys Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi all! This is most interesting. People reading this might be interested to comment on my problem with the Kawai RX6 Please take a look at my post and comments would be appreciated.
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthrea...hord%20not.html
Yamaha W7 Synthesizer
Roland E09W Interactive Arranger

(ad 568) Win a Year Journal Subscription
Win a year subscription to the PTG Journal
#1248539 - 08/13/09 02:06 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: eightyeight_keys]
Silverwood Pianos Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver B. C. Canada

This release is available in your locale now. I think back on the first page Bruce Browning is the distributor for you there....
http://www.facebook.com/SilverwoodPianosDotCom
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#1248548 - 08/13/09 02:21 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Banned
Deleted.

Edited by BB Player (08/13/09 04:51 PM)
Edit Reason: Defamatory comments deleted

#1248560 - 08/13/09 02:55 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
4000 Post Club Member

Do you have any actual hard evidence of these claims you are promoting? Because if you do not, you are inviting a lawsuit for damages with statements such as these. There are a LOT of un-proven claims recorded here.

We have not heard anything similar here (North America) to your claims. If you have a beef with a technician why not clear it up between yourselves? Why come in here and directly slander the guy without supplying any evidence at all?

I am sure you are aware that André is not a member here, so why post stuff like this when the other party has no chance at rebuttal?
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

#1248566 - 08/13/09 03:13 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
daniokeeper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: PA
"I am sure you are aware that André is not a member here, so why post stuff like this when the other party has no chance at rebuttal?"

Question asked; Question answered.

I complained to the mods about this. Hopefully, they'll be able to tend to this before it becomes part of a searchable Google (or other) archive .

It would be outrageous if this post became permanently attached to his name when someone does a search.

Btw, we tuners stick our necks out around here so we're held accountable...
We sign our posts with our names.

Any one of us could fall victim to this sort of nonsense. Once the mud is thrown, it's almost impossible to get it completely cleaned off.

Edited by daniokeeper (08/13/09 03:21 PM)
(semi-retired)

#1248570 - 08/13/09 03:25 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: daniokeeper]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

My post is simply intended to be fair warning and would not be considered new or news within the Netherlands piano community whatsoever. That is the great thing about a global forum -- there are no rocks left to hide under.

Are we going to let people use the forum to advertize for free people's goods and services but then censor and delete all balanced information just like in the past case of Piano Superstore where legitimate complaints were suppressed and where so many of those depending on Pianoworld input were defrauded of tens of thousands of dollars?

My recommendation? Do business with whomever you want, but when there are doubts, make sure you don't pay before you have the goods in house. Consider my post a concerned public service.

#1248575 - 08/13/09 03:31 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: daniokeeper]
4000 Post Club Member

Absolutely correct Joe; once again this is some imaginary identity that does not have the actual courage to post under his or her own name. So the idea is to promote this kind of trash from the bushes where no-one can see them……

I am of the opinion that this person leads a vociferous lifestyle and does not envision a problem with imposing their view of the world on others.

You are right Joe and I know this kind of thing has happened previously, to other technicians.

#1248577 - 08/13/09 03:32 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
daniokeeper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I just did a quick search at Google on "André Oorebeek reputation". The first listing is theJourney's post. It hasn't been cached yet.

Edited by daniokeeper (08/13/09 03:33 PM)
(semi-retired)

#1248579 - 08/13/09 03:35 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
4000 Post Club Member

I suggest you read your own postings whoever you think you are. Your posting is plain and simple garden variety slander and defamation.

A LOT OF ACCUSATIONS WITH NO EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS.

So produce some evidence in a big hurry……

Edited by BB Player (08/13/09 04:53 PM)
Edit Reason: Deleted quoted post

#1248585 - 08/13/09 03:43 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
4000 Post Club Member

Your posting was meant to be a slander and defamation for someone who is unable to answer. How brave of you there….

What other members use this forum for is not your damn business. It is up to the owner what use is decided.

Why would any of us give a tinker’s damn about your recommendation? Do you actually think you carry some weight around this place? Man you are really up on yourself huh??

Your postings are a public disservice, once again you have it wrong.

Edited by BB Player (08/13/09 04:53 PM)
Edit Reason: Deleted quoted post

#1248603 - 08/13/09 04:20 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
daniokeeper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Just a thought,,,

It might be best for Andre O. to speak to a lawyer BEFORE replying in any way on this forum or having any contact with the poster, so as not to jeopardize any case he may have.

The thing about the net is that it is global, falling under various jurisdictions. Laws will vary in different venues.
(semi-retired)

#1248605 - 08/13/09 04:28 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: Silverwood Pianos]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Some people are hot heads, others constantly make vague threats about lawsuit and yet others you simply can't take at their word...
I am a man of my word. Are you?

Originally Posted By: Silverwood Pianos

Will this be my last post?

The final one.

I came in peace and I am going in peace. I harbor no ill feeling towards anyone, I am glad to have spoken, debated, laughed, screamed, shouted and cried. I have enjoyed meeting you all immensely.

I only ever intended to provoke thought. Helping folks see pianos in a different way, well that is a by-product.

That was in 2008. But here you are still.

You are worried about reputations, yet your aggressive, emotional and anti-consumer posting history which has been preserved for prosperity would seem to be an ideal place for Vancouver area clients to research reasons why not to do business with you. I would worry more about your own posts than a comment from the local Dutch market about a well known, but in later years problematic, Dutch service providor.

#1248617 - 08/13/09 04:41 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
daniokeeper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I see. So now Dan Silverwood is anti-consumer?

Have you checked this very recent post of his?

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1246747/Squeaky%20Damper!.html#Post1246747

I've seen Dan take the side of the CLIENTS on this forum (They're not CONSUMERS... They're not locusts) many times over other tuners and vendors.

Go ahead... Make me the bad guy next.

Edited by daniokeeper (08/13/09 04:47 PM)
(semi-retired)

#1248625 - 08/13/09 04:53 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: daniokeeper]
theJourney Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Peace, daniokeeper. I don't know you, but I recognize the emotions.

If you and Silverwood Pianos have more intimate, relevant experience with figures in the Dutch piano market, please feel free to share your knowledge with the forum. Claiming that what I say is false without any knowledge is just plain irresponsible.

I have not criticized the DVD that Silverwood Pianos is promoting, nor have I criticized the capabilities of Mr. Oorebeek. On the contrary. In fact, I am relieved to see he seems to now have found a way to again generate income. The Netherlands is a tiny country and reputations are fragile; when things go wrong it can be very hard to right them again. I am glad he might have found a way to move on.

#1248627 - 08/13/09 04:59 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: theJourney]
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
All: I have deleted the original post that several members have reported and edited those posts which quoted it. I would caution everyone who posts here that personally attacking someone else, regardless of whether they are forum members or not, will not be tolerated. You may feel it is "justified" and that you are doing a public service - you are not. You are defaming someone else who may or may not have the means to defend themselves. If you have evidence that someone is defrauding clients by all means report it to the local authorities, broadcasting it here is not acceptable.

#1248751 - 08/13/09 08:55 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: BB Player]
RPD Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Kalamazoo Michigan
Thank you Greg, from all of us here.

RPD
Piano-Tuner-Rebuilder/Musician www.actionpianoservice.com

#1248813 - 08/13/09 10:25 PM Re: André Oorebeek voicing book/DVD release [Re: RPD]
daniokeeper Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: RPD
Thank you Greg, from all of us here.

RPD

I'm sorry, Greg. I found this upsetting and I forgot my manners.

Thank you! smile
-Joe

Edited by daniokeeper (08/13/09 10:29 PM)
(semi-retired)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
159 registered (accordeur, adanepst, acortot, 36251, 46 invisible), 1737 Guests and 55 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74206 Members
42 Forums
153498 Topics
2249326 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Troubleshooting the Gravity Drop/Weight Transfer etc.
by bledredwine
04/16/14 11:16 AM
Stories in SoundBook 2 Valerie Roth Roubos
by DameMyra
04/16/14 10:48 AM
Teaching memorization
by clarikeys
04/16/14 07:45 AM
Accepted Procedure for Having a Piano Tech look at a piano?
by Paul678
04/16/14 07:19 AM
Tips for playing a piece through
by Hemmingway
04/16/14 06:40 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission