2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
67 members (benkeys, brennbaer, AndyOnThePiano2, APianistHasNoName, AlkansBookcase, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, 12 invisible), 1,983 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Yeah So I got laid off and and I have nothing to do with myself for the time being. I have enough saved to get by for now, but the real dilemma is that I have all the free time in the world for playing piano now and no one to share it with.

Anyone here in NYC free, bored, and willing to talk over a piano, or wanna get kicked out of Steinway Hall?

"A Sorceror of tonality; the piano is my cauldron and the music is my spell, let those who cannot hear my calling die and burn in He11."

Check my videos @:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chopinlives81
J
J
OUCH. Sorry to hear it ... I'm about three time zones away from you, though.

If there is a banner ad in this post, please be advised that the owners of the company traffic in illegal drugs and have been caught in compromising positions with farm animals.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
yeah, sucks. Everything is so bad right now though. Thankfully I saw this coming from a mile away and took some steps. I just hope I can hold out for now.

Thanks for trying though J Cortese, its ok.

"A Sorceror of tonality; the piano is my cauldron and the music is my spell, let those who cannot hear my calling die and burn in He11."

Check my videos @:
and unfortunately like cortese, I'm far away, and my new semester is starting soon. 5 time zones if you were interested.

-Piano Instructor since 2008-
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
damn time zones.

Check my videos @:
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
No one else?

Check my videos @:
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
There's a party on Cape Cod in Oct.

Wanna come? We not only talk pianos, we play them! 4 of them!

See the section under PARTIES and GATHERINGS.

Bake something special for one of 4 tables, bring your music, meet some piano folks, enjoy the beaches, water, scenery and get out of the city!!!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
October is sooo far away though frown , i'll try and make it, but that still leaves me with the next month and a half to endure.

Check my videos @:
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ChopinLives81
October is sooo far away though frown , i'll try and make it, but that still leaves me with the next month and a half to endure.

Practice up, and fill that freezer with cookies!!!

Seriously though...there are several members here that live in NYC or there abouts.

How about a search for NYC, Brooklyn (know 3)Long Island?

How about starting a thread for a PIANO PARTY at your place?

How about traveling to visit others?

There was a thread at one time about how to meet and greet people in your area. And some if it had to do with students at different schools in your area. Would they all be away now? I dunno.

But I certain understand your desire to have some piano fun while you have some time off!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Sorry to hear you got laid off - I got it in May...but I was fortunate enough to land a consulting assignment the following Monday, and a decent severance package. In the interim, I picked up 2 certifications, and am working on a 3rd, hopefully finishing in time for a fall ramp up in hiring..

I do get to play a bit more, though. That part is nice.

Estonia 190, #6098
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Sorry about the layoff, Chop/81. Maybe if you hang out where the keyboard players do, you'll meet some. Are there not quite a few free concerts, recitals, and what-not in the city? When I lived in Boston, there was a lot that could be heard at the conservatories, and in the neighborhood where several were located, one could meet students just by having a slice of pizza or a cup of coffee... or at music stores. Or piano stores.

It's also possible to get into the more expensive concert venues by arranging to serve as a volunteer there.

Anyway, just a thought. I hope things turn around for you soon! Meanwhile, what a great opportunity to practice.

Clef

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Clef
Sorry about the layoff, Chop/81. Maybe if you hang out where the keyboard players do, you'll meet some. Are there not quite a few free concerts, recitals, and what-not in the city? When I lived in Boston, there was a lot that could be heard at the conservatories, and in the neighborhood where several were located, one could meet students just by having a slice of pizza or a cup of coffee... or at music stores. Or piano stores.

It's also possible to get into the more expensive concert venues by arranging to serve as a volunteer there.

Anyway, just a thought. I hope things turn around for you soon! Meanwhile, what a great opportunity to practice.

Yeah I may have to go ahead and do something like that, but I would like to try the PW crowd first. I may have to actually do the undercover accquaintance.

Check my videos @:
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Once the season gets going, there should be one or more free concerts almost every day at Mannes and Manhattan and Juiliard.

Last edited by pianoloverus; 08/17/09 02:52 PM.
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Maybe. I gotta see what my work load is like this week. I probably won't see the light of day till saturday.

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission