Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#1257761 - 08/28/09 10:03 AM Unsung Heroes E-cital
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: piano bench, usually
The recent death of pianist Geoffrey Tozer has affected me deeply. I didn't know the man, and though I recognized the name, I admit I was not familiar with his work. Thanks to Thracozaag for bringing this to our attention.

The reason I was so affected was a line in the obit: "a national tragedy, but it has hardly made headlines." It upset me greatly to know that such an accomplished pianist could pass virtually unnoticed by the world, even here by PW members. It struck me as a cruel irony that he was a pianist who dedicated his career to promoting the works of obscure composers. I wondered how many other unknown, brilliant composers and performers there are.

I would like to propose that we hold an "Unsung Heroes" E-cital, featuring the works of obscure composers as a tribute to Tozer and all the other under-appreciated musicians out there. It could be held on the anniversary of Tozer's death, allowing us a full year to do our research, find the obscure scores, and learn the pieces. I would be happy to coordinate the event.

I admit that "obscure" is a vague term. To define obscure as "not in the standard repertoire" or "a composer that most of us are unfamiliar with" is equally vague. Perhaps it can be a composer who is new to you, or generally underplayed. Any suggestions on how to define "obscure" are welcome.

I believe we would all learn something from this venture and in our own small way, perhaps we can spread the music of these unsung heroes. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Heidi

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#1257803 - 08/28/09 10:49 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: heidiv]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
I think you have a great idea. I'll sign up with Adieu by Carl Filtsch (a favorite pupil of Chopin who died at 15 - reputed to have been the next Liszt).

#1257825 - 08/28/09 11:03 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: -Frycek]
izaldu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc:
Great idea - I don't know to what extent Rafael Orozco is an unsung hero too, i do know that he died 13 years ago and i have not heard much about him since ... being the greatest spanish pianist if the 20th century imho alonhg with Larrocha. Not a composer, but hey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1eWWp3XRew&feature=PlayList&p=C8A37719DD06EAFB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIarLTpMzx8

#1257848 - 08/28/09 11:32 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: izaldu]
Palindrome Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Originally Posted By: izaldu
Great idea - I don't know to what extent Rafael Orozco is an unsung hero too, i do know that he died 13 years ago and i have not heard much about him since ... being the greatest spanish pianist if the 20th century imho along with Larrocha....

I guess he falls into that category. Seldom hear of him, and virtually the only recordings of his that I come across are his complete Rachmaninoff for piano and orchestra, and the Chopin 2nd sonata, even though there was a recording of the Chopin preludes, a Mozart concerto or two, and an excellent complete Chopin etudes (Opp 10 & 25), the last exceedingly scarce. IamCanadian (who seems not to post here any more) collected his discs. I believe there's a piano competition in Spain named after him.

The comments on YouTube suggest he died of AIDS, which also robbed us of Yuri Egorov and Paul Jacobs, two other good candidates for unsung heroes.

#1257854 - 08/28/09 11:38 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Palindrome]
Euan Morrison Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Edinburgh
I quite like a few of Cesar Cui's preludes, so I wouldn't mind participating one of them. As to his 'obscureness' I'm not sure. But I've not really seen much mention of him on PW.

Edited by Euan Morrison (08/28/09 11:40 AM)

#1257913 - 08/28/09 01:11 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Euan Morrison]
Thracozaag Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Salt Lake City
Two pianists (one living, one deceased) immediately sprung to mind as artists who constantly have attempted to expand the range of the piano repertoire: Cyprien Katsaris, and Raymond Lewenthal.

Raymond Lewenthal (1923-1988) is most well-known for a vociferous proponent of the works of Charles-Valentin Alkan. In addition to championing this composer, Lewenthal often programmed composers such as Bortkiewicz, Godowsky Henself, and Weber, along with obscure transcriptions of Liszt and Thalberg (as well as composing his own wonderful transcriptions, which included the "Russian Sailor's Song" of Gliere, and Faure's "Siciliano").

Cyprien Katsaris, while quite well-known in Europe, and Asia, in particular, has unfortunately not acquired the notoriety in the US that an artist of his stature deserves.
His website: http://www.cyprienkatsaris.net/

Edited by Thracozaag (08/28/09 01:13 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/kojiattwood
https://www.giftedmusicschool.org/

#1257942 - 08/28/09 02:04 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Thracozaag]
beet31425 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Heidi-

I think that's a wonderful idea, with a profound and generous sentiment behind it.

When I think of all the work, struggle and discipline that make up the lives of so many pianists and composers that I've never heard of, I feel pretty overwhelmed and humbled. Some random name-- I look him up on Wikipedia-- and it turns out he's written 15 symphonies and 3 piano concertos. You think of all the effort, the disappointments and moments of ecstasy he had in constructing all that music, and to what end? Maybe not to no end, but certainly an end that excludes me, so far.

Anyway, sign me up for a prelude and fugue by Trygve Madsen, from his set of 24 which I threaded about earlier here, and which music I finally located.

-Jason

#1257986 - 08/28/09 03:02 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: beet31425]
akonow Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Excellent... Scharwenka it is! wink
Schumann - Fantasiestücke Op 12

#1258135 - 08/28/09 06:06 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: akonow]
izaldu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc:
Palindrome, thanks for the info.
Yes i think i recall he died from aids (Rafael Orozco). As for his recordings, i am trying to trace down some of his cd s, apart from the Rachmaninov yopu mentioned. He was a pretty well known pianist at some point, having won thje Leeds competition in 66, and landing a dela with Emi and then Phillips. He played the main concert halls in Europe, but for some reason he faded into obscurity in teh 80s. Came back and did some recordings in the 90s but then he fell ill and dies in 96 at the age of 50.
There is a brilliant cd by him from 1994 on Auvidis with Granados, Mompou, Schumann's Arabesque, Chopin, List and Rachmaninov.
I have tried to get hold of his recording of Albéniz's Iberia to no avail. Still on the case, though

Here are some of his Chopin Preludes, and a link to an article on him. I can translate on request, it's a bot late now and i'm off to bed soon.
http://classicmusica.blogspot.com/2009/03/grandes-del-piano-rafael-orozco.html

YouTube link to Chopin Preludes

Edited by Kreisler (08/29/09 10:09 PM)
Edit Reason: fixed 2nd link to chopin preludes

#1258145 - 08/28/09 06:24 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: izaldu]
gerg Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I am heartened to see the interest in this. That speaks to the sensitivity of the group here.

Geoffrey Tozer devoted his life and career to composers we may otherwise have never known.

Here, we have an opportunity to in our small way honor his memory as he did for others.

We'll begin compiling a list and talking about dates soon. Any thoughts?

Don't click here!

#1258260 - 08/28/09 10:08 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: gerg]
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's great to see such early interest. A couple of questions:

1) Do you like Unsung Heroes Recital or Geoffrey Tozer Memorial Recital?

2) I'm trying to allow extra time to prepare for this event, given the added difficulty of finding an obscure composer and trying to obtain an obscure score. Plus I thought it would be a nice tribute to Tozer to hold it on the anniversary of his death. But is a year too far away? Should we hold the event sooner?

3) Any other suggestions? I would like input from all, even if you don't plan to perform. If you would simply like to list a few lesser-known composers for the group to consider, I'm sure it would be appreciated by all.

To those of you who have submitted your entries, thank you very much. I've already learned of two new composers. I will keep a master list and post as we get more entries.

Edited by heidiv (08/28/09 10:09 PM)

#1258324 - 08/29/09 01:45 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: heidiv]
akonow Offline
500 Post Club Member

1) Unsung Heroes Recital certainly has a better ring to it but it's entirely up to you. smile

2) We might hold it on his birthday perhaps (November 5). That's probably too early for most however so it's understandable to pick the anniversary of his death.

3) My favorite "obscure" composers include:
-Couperin: The 6th Ordre de Clavecin is exquisite; in particular, I admire "Les Barricades Mystérieuses." (Baroque)

-Pleyel: It has been suggested that the "theme" from Brahms' Variations on a Theme by Haydn is actually Pleyel's. (Classical)

-Alkan, Chaminade, D'Albert, Dobrzynski, Medtner, Moscheles, Spohr, and Scharwenka: There is a wealth of Romantic composers that simply go unnoticed and it is certainly not from lack of innovation or beauty as you will hear if you give these composers a chance. (Romantic)

-De Falla, Ginastera, and Villa-Lobos: All exceptional Latin American visionaries! (20th-century)

Most of the above composers' keyboard music can be found at IMSLP.

#1258350 - 08/29/09 03:04 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: heidiv]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: heidiv

I would like to propose that we hold an "Unsung Heroes" E-cital, featuring the works of obscure composers as a tribute to Tozer and all the other under-appreciated musicians out there. It could be held on the anniversary of Tozer's death, allowing us a full year to do our research, find the obscure scores, and learn the pieces. I would be happy to coordinate the event.

I admit that "obscure" is a vague term. To define obscure as "not in the standard repertoire" or "a composer that most of us are unfamiliar with" is equally vague. Perhaps it can be a composer who is new to you, or generally underplayed. Any suggestions on how to define "obscure" are welcome.

Great idea. I have most of Tozer's Medtner recordings - there is a special warmth about them that seems to have reflected what we are hearing about his personality. This news was very saddening.

About your terminology - actually, I am having less trouble with "obscure" than with "unsung heroes". Tozer may have been one, for his continuing to work in the face of adversity. But for the composers on the recital, somehow "hero" wouldn't be the term I'd choose, since many obscure composers were not particularly courageous or whatever it is that makes a person a hero. In their own time, many were not even obscure. For example, during his life, Hummel was quite famous, even though I think that nowadays his music would be considered fairly obscure to most pianists. For my part, I think I'd call it the "Rare and Unusual Music" recital, or something along those lines, if not your other idea of Tozer Memorial.

You may find some ideas for music in this Underappreciated Music thread from earlier this year or this Unknown Composers thread from late last year. Maybe someone else can find some more similar threads - they come up a fairly regularly.

Seems like having something by Medtner on the program would be appropriate. I think I could contribute one of the easier short pieces, if the date is a year from now. If the date it moved up, I would hesitate to commit. Obscure and underplayed composers are have been special interest of mine for a while - I'm pretty sure I will think of more music in the coming days and weeks I could probably prepare for the recital, if we are allowed more than one piece.

#1258389 - 08/29/09 07:31 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: wr]
-Frycek Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: SC Mountains
I like the Unsung Heroes title best - you could add a subtitile "in memory" etc. November 5th is way too soon. The deathdate is best. Suggestions - one of my favorites is John Field though he's not as obscure as he used to be. Also Louis Gottschalk - a Creole American of Chopin's era - A great many pianists composed - Thalberg, Pixis, Clara Schumann -there are several extant compositions by poor Carl Filtsch - Dinu Lipatti composed and Paderewski wrote a once very popular minuet (I think I learned it as a kid)- - etc - -

#1258430 - 08/29/09 09:50 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: -Frycek]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Dallas, TX, US
I'll put in for Unsung Heroes - It's more colorful and it has an association with the Kink's great song Celluloid Heroes - which is along the same lines. Great idea! I look forward to hearing the Music the TIme Forgot.

#1258478 - 08/29/09 11:34 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Schubertian]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'd like to do one of the piano pieces Rossini wrote in later life. Rossini is hardly unsung. However, he quit writing operas around 40 after he had made a fortune at it, realized he was getting formulaic, and was not comfortable with the new romantic styles which were becoming popular. He wrote a number of piano pieces for his own amusement and they have a satirical, oddball character - a little like Satie. They were collected into 13 volumes and called 'Sins of my Old Age'. They are not great music, but they are fun. They have titles like: 'Prelude Inoffensif', 'Prelude pretentieux', 'Mon prelude hygienique du matin', 'Ouf! Les petit pois'.

#1258492 - 08/29/09 12:00 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Schubertian]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

Maybe there is a reason they are unsung?

I've been reading through the Sins and came away with the same impression I had the first time I played through them - they are fun, they are light, they are LONG. I'm not sure I want to put in the time to master these volumes-long pieces for no other reason than rescuing Rossini from 'obscurity'.

I'd much rather put in the time on Dvorak or Smetana. They both wrote a huge amount of piano solo music which was popular at the time and all but unknown now.

I used to be curious about the once famous Florent Schmitt - a follower of the french impressionist school - but lost enthusiasm for some reason after I found out he was a complete nazi before the second world war.

Edited by Schubertian (08/29/09 12:01 PM)

#1258495 - 08/29/09 12:04 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Schubertian]
Palindrome Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Originally Posted By: Schubertian
I'd like to do one of the piano pieces Rossini wrote in later life. Rossini is hardly unsung. However, he quit writing operas around 40 after he had made a fortune at it, realized he was getting formulaic, and was not comfortable with the new romantic styles which were becoming popular. He wrote a number of piano pieces for his own amusement and they have a satirical, oddball character - a little like Satie. They were collected into 13 volumes and called 'Sins of my Old Age'. They are not great music, but they are fun. They have titles like: 'Prelude Inoffensif', 'Prelude pretentieux', 'Mon prelude hygienique du matin', 'Ouf! Les petit pois'.

I was aware of these pieces (I'm particularly fond of Un souvenir à ma femme). I know Frederic Chiu recorded some, but I'm astonished to learn there were 13 volumes of them! I guess they could keep me occupied in my old age. Thanks for bringing these up.

#1258514 - 08/29/09 12:44 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Palindrome]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

This topic could keep all of us occupied into old age.

I was just looking over the Naxos catalog on their website, which has an ocean of composers from Kejian A and Thornvald Aagaard all the way to Samuel Zyman. There are so many here! Have we done justice to Franz Xavier Mozart or Erik Bach, for example, simply because they are overshadowed by their more illustrious relatives?

And what about THomas Sleeper? Has he been held back by his ill-starred name?

And then what about Tekla Badarzewska-Baranowska or Manuel dos Santos Barreto de Sousa e Almeida - is it simply their formidable sesquapedalian names that hold us back? Is the only reason they do not appear on their nation's currency the fact that their names will not fit? How unfair.

#1258849 - 08/30/09 03:15 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Schubertian]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Schubertian
I'll put in for Unsung Heroes - It's more colorful and it has an association with the Kink's great song Celluloid Heroes - which is along the same lines.

It has?? And it is??

Oh, well, I guess the term "hero" has been so thoroughly corrupted by silly usage like "sports hero" or "Guitar Hero" that it really doesn't retain much of it's earlier, more serious sense.

Anyway, I thought of another name for the e-recital that might be appropriate - Le Tombeau de Geoffrey Tozer.

#1258894 - 08/30/09 08:46 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: wr]
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Central Texas
Gee, there are so many composers whose works languish today. What about Irene Audain? Or, perhaps, Euphemia Allen whose only published work was under the pen name of "Arthur de Lulli"? I think the idea is great. I'm in!

Ed

YouTube Channel

#1258912 - 08/30/09 09:44 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: epf]
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

It's very encouraging to see such enthusiasm this early in the process. After seeing the posts here and talking to some via PM, the following has been decided:

Title: Unsung Heroes E-cital: In Memory of G. Tozer

Date: August 20, 2010

* One entry per person, unless you are playing a complete sonata, prelude/fugue, set or suite. We may allow multiple pieces per player if space permits.

* No multiple submissions of the same piece. However, it's fine if two people want to play different pieces by the same composer.

* There are no hard and fast rules about what "Unsung" means. We're not going to argue semantics. Any composer who you feel is under-played, under-appreciated, obscure, or new to you is fine.

* I agree that it's impossible to pay homage to every obscure composer. However, I'm sure that all who participate and all who listen will learn something new.

Participants

-Frycek: Adieu by Carl Filtsch

Euan Morrison: Prelude #tbd by Cesar Cui

beet 31425: Prelude and Fugue #tbd by Trygve Madsen

akonow: Scharwenka tbd

gerg: tbd

heidiv: tbd

Schubertian: tbd

epf: tbd

izaldu, Palindrome, Thracozaag - Thanks for the info on pianists.

wr- Thanks for the links to Underappreciated Music and Unknown Composers. I wasn't aware of these. Anyone undecided about which piece to choose might want to check these out.

It would be great to see some Medtner on the program, considering he was one of Tozer's favorites. Keep those submissions coming, and feel free to voice questions or concerns. This is going to be a great event.

Heidi

#1258922 - 08/30/09 09:54 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: epf]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
My favorite unsung hero is Hugo Reinhold. I am aware of only two of his compositions. One is an impromptu - a bit of a Mendelssohn/Chopin hybrid that is occasionally played by high school students:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnFL3d9EjZc

Even better is his set of Miniatures. A few of them tend to turn up in intermediate anthologies, but there are several in the set that are very charming and similar in style and difficulty to Schumann's Album for the Young.

Recently, I also mentioned the Scenes d'Infants by Federico Mompou.

Another extremely obscure favorite piece of mine is Sweelinck's Variations on "Mein Junges Leben hat ein End." It's familiar to some harpsichord and early music specialists, but I think it sounds great on piano.

Found a few harpsichord readings on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2qDxaaTTxE
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1258926 - 08/30/09 10:02 AM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: wr]
Schubertian Offline
500 Post Club Member

mental association - a subjective verbal link between two words

#1258972 - 08/30/09 12:34 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Schubertian]
Thracozaag Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Salt Lake City
If I ever manage to get the Sonata Tragica back into my fingers, I would be happy to offer that in Geoffrey's honour.

http://www.youtube.com/kojiattwood
https://www.giftedmusicschool.org/

#1258979 - 08/30/09 12:52 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Thracozaag]
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

Excellent Thracozaag! You have an entire year to prepare, and I have full faith in you. That would be a great addition.

I was considering learning the Sonata Reminescenza, but it's 16 minutes long and frankly, it might take more than a year for me to learn. frown

#1259084 - 08/30/09 04:38 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: Thracozaag]
epf Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Central Texas
Okay, since we're supposed to pick a piece, I'll do "Under the Palms Waltz" by Irene Audain. Not only is the composer virtually known today, she's a woman and women composers were very rare in the 19th century (which is when she was composing).

Ed

YouTube Channel

#1259127 - 08/30/09 05:33 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: heidiv]
akonow Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: heidiv
Excellent Thracozaag!I was considering learning the Sonata Reminescenza, but it's 16 minutes long and frankly, it might take more than a year for me to learn. frown

I'm sure that piece is entirely worth it though. Gilels' recording of it is magnificent!

#1259154 - 08/30/09 06:11 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: heidiv]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
I think this is enough to coax me out of my performer lurkdom, so count me in. I haven't a clue what I'll play yet, but I think it will be something Australian smile

#1259297 - 08/30/09 09:48 PM Re: Unsung Heroes E-cital [Re: currawong]
heidiv Offline
500 Post Club Member

Kreisler - Thanks for the suggested composers. I'm enthralled with Mompou, which you recommended previously. I may use one as my submission.

Here's the updated list:

Participants

-Frycek: Adieu by Carl Filtsch

Euan Morrison: Prelude #tbd by Cesar Cui

beet 31425: Prelude and Fugue #tbd by Trygve Madsen

akonow: Scharwenka tbd

gerg: tbd

heidiv: tbd

Schubertian: tbd

epf: Under the Palms Waltz by Irene Audain

currawong: tbd

RachFan: tbd

--------------------------

Thracozaag - I'd like to put you down for Sonata Tragica, but I'm waiting for the green light from you.

For everyone who hasn't signed on yet, remember -- the nice thing about playing an obscure piece is that your listeners probably won't know the piece and won't have the score at their disposal to follow along. Wrong notes? No, that's the way it's supposed to sound! laugh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (accordeur, 88 Fingers Jeff, AEMontoya, A Guy, 36251, 39 invisible), 1403 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76007 Members
42 Forums
157167 Topics
2308268 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Stravinsky - Valse pour les enfants
by Peter071
32 minutes 34 seconds ago
Recommend me a slab keyboard with full grand touch.
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 05:24 PM
What's the value of my piano?
by Athos
Today at 04:51 PM
Portable keyboard stand for Kawai ES7
by gbitw
Today at 04:24 PM
Recital Piece to go with Fur Elise
by eccp19
Today at 03:22 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission