2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
Hope you don't mind me sharing this, but Dr. Mario Ajero has just posted a terrific video review of the AirTurn AT-104 Hands-Free Wireless Page Turner as a compliment to his written version in the Sept./Oct. issue of Clavier Companion:

AirTurn Review on The Piano Podcast

You can read the written article in the online version of Clavier Companion:

http://www.claviercompanion.com/sept-oct-09/technology

For more information on the AirTurn and other music reading technologies for musicians, please visit www.AirTurn.com

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012
That's really nice, Hugh! Hope it helps to spread the word about your neat gadget. smile

M
M
Oh, I thought with a name like "Airturn" it would blow the music to the next page LOL! Sorry. smile

Looks pretty nifty if you don't have a need to make written notes on the score, though I guess you could do this if you had the full Adobe Acrobat you were viewing with, and type something into the score. Even color code things! Is that what you do?

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Morodiene,

If you look at the AirTurn site, they have software to handle making notes as well.

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Oh, I thought with a name like "Airturn" it would blow the music to the next page LOL! Sorry. smile

Looks pretty nifty if you don't have a need to make written notes on the score, though I guess you could do this if you had the full Adobe Acrobat you were viewing with, and type something into the score. Even color code things! Is that what you do?

Hi Morodiene - the name of the program that can allow you to draw digital ink notes right on the music like pen to paper is called MusicReader. You can see me working with MusicReader all throughout the "Clair de lune from Scratch" YouTube lesson series, which you can view here:

"Clair de lune from Scratch" Piano Lessons on YouTube

It's great to be able to draw ink and highlights in multiple colors with MusicReader - you can even add notation "stamps" and type colored text for easier reading!

MusicReader also features some terrific page view and turning options, including a great half-page view that can automatically recognize the spaces between staves - i'm going to demonstrate that in an upcoming lesson video.

You can download a free demo version of MusicReader for Mac or PC at http://airturn.com/musicreader/musicreader - please let me know if you have any other questions about this program.

Hope this helps!

M
M
Hugh,

Thanks for the information! I did see the Clair de Lune clip before, but wasn't aware of the note-making ability. I think I'd prefer my little barely-legible scribbles as opposed to typed. For some reason I remember it better when I actually *write* it as opposed to typing. Don't know why. Anyways, I know those tablet/pen thingies for the computer aren't that expensive.

So I assume you scan in music and does that automatically get saved in the MusicReader file format, or do you first save as a .pdf then transfer to MusicReader format?

Another question I have is after prolonged use, how is it on your eyes compared to paper (assuming good lighting)? Thanks for answering my questions...hope this isn't taking over your topic smile

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Hugh,

Thanks for the information! I did see the Clair de Lune clip before, but wasn't aware of the note-making ability. I think I'd prefer my little barely-legible scribbles as opposed to typed. For some reason I remember it better when I actually *write* it as opposed to typing. Don't know why. Anyways, I know those tablet/pen thingies for the computer aren't that expensive.

So I assume you scan in music and does that automatically get saved in the MusicReader file format, or do you first save as a .pdf then transfer to MusicReader format?

Another question I have is after prolonged use, how is it on your eyes compared to paper (assuming good lighting)? Thanks for answering my questions...hope this isn't taking over your topic smile

Great questions, Morodiene! 99% of the time i use my own digital handwriting - i too prefer to work with my own handwriting as opposed to stamping or typing. It's just so much nicer to be able to use bright colors that really pop out, without fear of damaging the music since all annotations are completely erasable within MusicReader!

We also sell Wacom Bamboo graphic tablets, which enable you to add digital pen capabilities to any Mac or PC computer (i use the Wacom Bamboo extensively in my lesson videos to draw ink markings). You can find our Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet listing here:

Accessories for AirTurn, including Wacom Bamboo graphics tablets

MusicReader can import any image or PDF file - basically, if you can print it, you can convert it into MusicReader.

I have perfect vision and don't use glasses or contacts, even after years and years of being a total geek and gluing myself in front of computer screens for 8-12 hours a day. The great thing about using computers as music readers is that you never have a lighting problem on stage - while my colleagues might struggle under dim lights, i can always see my music perfectly backlit wink

Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also check out our growing library of video tutorials on MusicReader, which you might find helpful:

MusicReader tutorials

Hope this helps! Feel free to post more questions!

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission