Hi, sorry for cross posting again! I haven't visited this forum for a while but just realized that maybe this is the right forum to post my questions on recording.

I have searched the forums on PW and internet, so I know the concept in general but just need some specifics.

I would like to record from the AUX out line to my laptop. If I understand correctly, I can just get a connector from the piano to the line-in of my PC and use the free software like Audacity (or something like that) and record it?

And some say that the default sound card of the pc/laptop might not be good, so I might need something in between the DP and the laptop. If so, what is that something called and what are some common names and models? Is it a sound card? Do I need an external sound card since I am using a laptop? Or is it a preamp to be used in conjunction with my internal pc sound card? I am an (old) electrical engineer, so I know what is needed in theory but I don't know what is available in real life. wink

And lastly, does anyone remember that thread where one user complained about recording with P-155? He gives good diagram and description too. I am trying to find it but a search is returning me so many results, yet I could not find the one I need.

Thanks in advance!