2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, fullerphoto, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, 4 invisible), 1,228 guests, and 291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19
B
B
@Nikalette

I send my DGX back to get a PX 330, I miss the connectivity at the DGX and I think the volume over the speaker is for piano sounds to low. And what I've heard in vids the PX 330 also have the better Piano sound, and thats more important to me. The PX 330 should arrive within the next days, so I'm looking forward to it.

I compared DGX vs. 320 at our music store in town and in my opinion te PX320 has the better keys. They felt more realistic than the DGX. Also the key noise from th DGX was louder, a least I don't want to complaint about this, because after all I liked the keyboard from the DGX.

If I need later more sounds, I think I'll connect the PX 330 to the PC or get an expander for more sounds.

Last edited by BanditHH; 09/16/09 03:51 AM.

Casio Privia PX-330BK
L
L
Originally Posted by Nikalette
As far as the rest of the sounds, the YPG is way, way better in terms of quantity and quality.

Bad luck about the bad keys. You've been having all kinds of piano issues. But I'm glad to know that the Yamaha YPG compares well to the Casio because I've been looking at getting one. Portability is not an issue for me.

B
B
New vid from Musik-Schmidt for the PX-330 (english)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSGEcOy2GP8&feature=sub

Casio Privia PX-330BK
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
No the box was fine. The keys were halfway depressed. It could have happened in shipping from some springs being knocked loose.

S
S
Does the px130 have the same action/keyboard as the px330 or px730? Or even the px830 for that matter.

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
The PX 130 and PX 330 are the same. I don't know about the rest.

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
As far as I know, all Casio models have the same action (and the same basic piano sample as well). I know that was true with the 120 series and I believe it's true now as well. The differences are in the case/pedals, additional voices (and features, e.g. rhythms) and speakers/amp.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Nikalette,

There are no springs in the Casio Privia series, unless the action has changed considerably in the new models. Under each key is a hammer. When you push down on the key, the hammer is lifted up. When you release the key, gravity pulls the hammer down and the key is lifted back into position by this motion.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
T
T
I am looking for a cheap DP with a good touch(effect) that resembles the acoustic's (or as possible as it can be).
With this issue, would anyone compares this Casio's new series (new effect with 3 sensors) to the Yamaha's GHS, GH and GH3 ? Regardless to the sounds that they make.

Thank you

Last edited by Tidal; 09/17/09 08:49 AM.
Originally Posted by Geoffk
As far as I know, all Casio models have the same action (and the same basic piano sample as well). I know that was true with the 120 series and I believe it's true now as well. The differences are in the case/pedals, additional voices (and features, e.g. rhythms) and speakers/amp.

To clarify, the new PX-130, PX-330, PX-730, PX-830 all have a new keyboard action. They also have a new four layer piano sample. Also, the keys on the PX-830 will be made of a different material that will actually have some texture to it to more closely represent the feel of an ivory keyboard.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
T
T
Thanks

Actually, now I am looking at PX-130 and CP33 (I want to have P-155 but an import and a distribution to various music stores are not conducted yet).

I have played CP33 and the touch is acceptable.
For PX-130, I don't have a chance to play right now.

In my country, CP33 now costs around $1500 and PX-130 costs $830.

If the touch of PX-130 is better, that will be great and I will save money for my family. But if the Privia has an inferior touch to the Yamaha's GH, that's it.

B
B
I havent played a PX 130 till now, but imo you shuld also take a look to the technique specs. The PX 130 has 128 polyphonic sound, instead of 64 at the CP33.

Casio Privia PX-330BK
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin
Originally Posted by Geoffk

To clarify, the new PX-130, PX-330, PX-730, PX-830 all have a new keyboard action. They also have a new four layer piano sample. Also, the keys on the PX-830 will be made of a different material that will actually have some texture to it to more closely represent the feel of an ivory keyboard.

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

Thank you very much for clarifying that, Mike.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Mike_Martin

-Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc.

Thanks a lot for the info, though it leaves me confused because the brochure that I have lists it as '3 steps dynamic sample' (or something like that, I don't have the brochure at the moment). I interpreted it to mean 3 layers of piano samples, is that different? I also find it weird that the different material used for the PX-830 keys isn't cited at all in the brochure. Are the specifications different depending on the country? And will the new ivory feel keys be used for the Celviano line as well?

Working on: Schumann Album for the Young, Clementi Op 36 No. 1 (all movements), Various Bach, Czerny 599
+ CASIO PX-720 and PX-730 +
B
B
@marimorimo

It has 4 layer sound and 3 sensors!

Casio Privia PX-330BK
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Tidal,

Trying to decide which dp feels more like a piano is a very subjective thing. I think the Casio Privia models win hands down in the under $1000 (US) price range, but others people prefer other models. My first impression of the CP33 is that it had a better feel than the Privias, however, I would need to spend a lot of time playing the CP33 to really say which one I liked better. Note that I learned on an old, unregulated upright as a kid, so the heavier action of the Privia feels right to me. Someone who wants a lighter action might prefer the Yamaha touch.

Rich

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I'm not familiar with the CP 33, but my YPG has GH action.

I didn't notice very much of a difference between the PX 330 and the YPG 635 action, but I didn't spend as much time as I would have testing them side by side because I'm returning the PX. I think it would be a matter of personal preference.

The keys are smoother on the YPG, but I think for realism I might give a slight edge to the PX.

Last edited by Nikalette; 09/17/09 02:32 PM.
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Tidal,
I recently compared the PX130 with the Yahama P155 and it's earlier in this same thread. The P-155 has GH-Graded Hammer Action, which is better than what is used in the YPG 635 if you have played one of those. The action between the P-155 and Casio PX-130 are different. I think the 130 is stiffer, but very responsive. Both DP's have a 4 level piano sample, with 128 levels of polyphony and Casio has done a nice job revamping it's grand piano sound in the 130. I think it is every bit as good as the P-155. Whether you like it or not comes down to personal choice. Be sure and bring headphones with you when you compare any digital piano as the sound is better when listening through headphones. The on board speakers are OK but not the best. By the way, Casio uses a 1/8" (like what you find on an ipod) headphone jack rather than a 1/4" jack used on the P-155. Considering what the 130 offers in terms of price and functionality, it is very nice.

S
S
Originally Posted by Nikalette
I'm not familiar with the CP 33, but my YPG has GH action.

I didn't notice very much of a difference between the PX 330 and the YPG 635 action, but I didn't spend as much time as I would have testing them side by side because I'm returning the PX. I think it would be a matter of personal preference.

The keys are smoother on the YPG, but I think for realism I might give a slight edge to the PX.

The YPG635 has the GHS action. I had the YDP213 which has GHS as well. I thought the GHS actions were way too light and just feel flat/plasticky... Does the PX330's action really feel similar? I'm under the impression that the Casio's actions are generally heavier than the GHS and the GH (aka GHE) with the GH/GHE action being noticably heavier/"better"/more reponsive than the GHS. I had experince with the YDP223 which has the GH/GHE action and that felt heavier/more realistic.

Is the keyboard action of the newer Casios (X30s) lighter than the GH/GHE?

B
B
I compared the action fom PX-320 and DGX direct and thought the PX 320 is better - so if 330 has an improvement, it is obv that the PX 330 has the better action^^

Casio Privia PX-330BK
Page 3 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission