2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 12 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
D
D
I absolutely LOVE using the Yamaha sustain pedal that has a rubber base which swings out to step on with your heel. This pedal (FC-4?) doesn't move when you use it. But it doesn't work with the PX330 apparently. Does anyone know of any other single pedal unit that doesn't move forward when used? Or is there an adapter I can buy or make so the Yamaha pedal will work with the PX330? If not, I am thinking my tech guy can do a workaround with the polarity. Maybe even put in a polarity switch.

L
L
One time i think i was accidentally pushing down the sustain pedal( a cheap one on a yamaha) when i turned the keyboard on and the polarity was apparently reversed that way, on all the time until i pushed it down....maybe that would work. Don't want to advise though in case this might mess something up.

just got the m-audio pedal for about $20 on amazon. It has a polarity switch but on the 330 works as is anyway....seems nice and doesn't seem to be slipping.

OMG

Hi, Mike Martin. The frailness of the Casio three-pedal unit has been posted upon umpteen times on this here forum, as well as others.

Most people today assume that when something breaks when used as intended it's due to "made in China" syndrome, therefore they aren't likely to ship the unit to some place to get it "fixed", especially when one short look at the piece reveals fatal unfixable flaws.

Maybe this new Privia has a reinforced pedal unit, unlike all the previous models. If so, explain how it's better.

P.S. I don't mean to sound rude--thanks for checking in here so often.

Hours of fun!
Eternal Music Student,

If I had broken SP-30s here at the office or a single complaint from a dealer, I would gladly be the first one to contact our R&D in Japan speak to them about the issue. I have seen a few posts here on this forum, usually by the same individuals regarding the SP30 pedals. Obviously I'm very sorry that they've had an issue, but based on the number of units sold and without any other reports from dealers I suspect that these are unfortunate but isolated incidents. If any customer is having ANY issue with a Casio product they should do the following (in this order):

1) Contact Casio service.
https://www.casio.com/support/contactus/contact

2) Contact their local service center
http://www.casio.com/support/musicservicecenters

3) Only after steps 1 and 2 above, send me a PM through this forum.

Take care,

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
K
K
Just got my PX-330BK, the CS-67BK stand and the SP-32 pedal unit. I put that all together in an hour; it is real easy and straightforward. The only issue being that I was unable to hide the pedal unit cable completely. The assembly is stable yet easy to move around if needed.

Must say that the left-most key was half way pressed. I pushed it a bit, it released immediately and started to work as expected. All other keys were fine.

As already said keyboard is excellent and sound is good enough. Volume control is not that sensitive I think (my personal preference of course).

Could not get why on all that space the LED is so small?!? A little wider display could have made it much more usable.

That's for now...

Casio Privia PX-330BK + CS-67PBK + SP-32, AKG K142 HD
B
B
I got my PX 330 today, and I really like the key action, it feels fantastic. I also like the piano sounds. The other sounds are a little bit disappointing, but not very important to me, because I wanted to have a DP with a good key action and brilliant piano sounds. And I also like the small design, but in the future Casio should think about a metal case. OK plastic is lighter, but metal is more solid, I think the PX 330 looks not that it is for stage purposes

I think Casio should spend a better note holder, this one looks like cheap crap and doenst fit (design) with the very good design of the PX 330, the note holder from the PX 730 looks much better. I also think that Casio should spend a better pedal unit for that price!

I was wondering that the PX 330 just supports 2GB SD cards, I know 2GB are more than I would ever needed, but Hello, wake up Casio, we have already 16GB cards, and the smallest card I had was 4GB frown

@Mike Martin

I saw in the prospects that the PX 330 should also have a learn function, for left and right hand, and also together. BUT I found nothing about it in the user manual. So I'm wondering, is there a learn function implemented or not^^ Also not very important to me, but if Casio advertise this feature it should be included wink If the function is included, please tell me how i can find it laugh

P.S. I had the Yamaha DGX 630 before, I returned it because it had a defect speaker. So I decided to invest a bit more and get a better key action and of course a better designed DP wink. No doubt the design of the DGX 630 is horrible, but it offers also some nice features that I miss now. F.E. the bigger display (which shows also music sheets and lyrics) and the better sounds. In my opinion the PX 330 spots the same market like the DGX 630, so take a look at this feature +metal case +better note holder +better pedal unit, I would love to see them in a PX 340 wink

Casio Privia PX-330BK
P
P
Wow, the PX-330 is a popular piano. I just ordered the home bundle from Kraft Music and they told me that it was backordered and in their next shipment of 20, they've already sold 12 of them. Well, now 13... I needed a piano my kids could learn on and was very tempted to go with the PX 130. Ultimately, I chose the 330 because
1) Better speakers (2 way),
2) More songs can be recorded,
3) Line out, in case the speakers still aren't good enough and I want to feed it into my own amp, and
4) The SD card slot. The SD card slot almost convinced me all by itself. I think that's a great feature and I'm shocked at the lack of that feature on other DPs. It'll be much more convenient to transfer songs, rhythms, and such between computer and piano via the SD card than trying to move the DP and hook it up to the computer via USB. And a 2 GB card is probably large enough to store every MIDI file I can find, but if not then I can simply swap cards depending on the occasion.

None local to try out, so only the youtube demos and reviews to go on. But I'm eagerly awaiting my new toy.

Originally Posted by BanditHH

@Mike Martin
I saw in the prospects that the PX 330 should also have a learn function, for left and right hand, and also together. BUT I found nothing about it in the user manual. So I'm wondering, is there a learn function implemented or not^^ Also not very important to me, but if Casio advertise this feature it should be included wink If the function is included, please tell me how i can find it laugh

Please let me know where you saw this feature listed. The PX-330 does not have this capability, although the PX-130 does.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
B
B
German prospect "Elctronical Musicinstruments _Digitalpianos 2009/2010

overview technical features

Learn function:

Part ON/OFF
/learn part
left hand, right hand

Casio Privia PX-330BK
N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
I've been looking for a keyboard that has the measure by measure learning function that is offered on the less expensive Casios, like the WK500 and the CDP 200R.

I think I may have found what you are referring to, in the PDF catalog that Casio Europe has on their site. I believe there is a mistake in that catalog and I have alerted them about the error. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Casio American doesn't have that catalog because a few of those models won't be available here until the spring.

Last edited by Mike_Martin; 09/24/09 07:46 PM.

-Mike Martin
Casio America

Casio Music Forums
B
B
I have the printed version wink So maybe they should check that too wink

Casio Privia PX-330BK
K
K
Sometimes, on a very rare occasions PX330 will produce very strange GP sound when turned on. I am pretty sure I do not touch any keys while it is booting. Turn off and then back on fixes the problem. Does anyone else experience this issue?

Then, does anyone know how to download the demo tunes as a MIDI files? The first one is especially good and I would like to study it.

B
B
@kalpazan

No, my 330 works fine smile Just wondering the first key is a little bit higher than the other keys, same at yours?

Casio Privia PX-330BK
K
K
@BanditHH

All keys are flat here. Although, as I wrote before, the first one was half way pressed when I received the piano. Pushed it and it released and now works and sits ok.

P
P
When my 330 came, all of the keys were down. They were held down with a long blue cellophane tape, and removing it they all popped up to the same level. Did yours come that way? Maybe they are shipping them a new way now.

B
B
I had no tape on the keys^^

Casio Privia PX-330BK
K
K
No tape on the keys here either. Apparently they took some measures to avoid key corruption while in transport.

N
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
N
The one I purchased had no tape on the keys. Two of the higher keys were pushed down, and they stayed down, so I had to return the keyboard.

S
S
Blue tape on my PX330. Kept the keys held down.

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission