Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 54 of 100 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 99 100 >
Topic Options
#1273096 - 09/22/09 11:07 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
bobjr Offline

Thanks Keynotes, still not having any big success with tremolo but i will get it soon. Hungarian Rhapsody seems to have a few little tricks that i need to work out. Using the 4th finger on the left hand to play the D with the FG doesn't seem to come natural yet and i am supposed to play a B with #2 finger (right hand) and crossover, but since i know this is coming for some reason I been anticipating it and my thumb seems to have a mind of its own and shifts over to D and my #2 finger ends up hitting C instead of B. That is a real tricky spot, easily played on its own.. but when i play the whole song through that is where the problem starts. This one is going to take some patience smile

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1273693 - 09/23/09 07:39 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Key Notes]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Here’s one clip I found showing how to play a Tremolo with one hand (in a different song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEvBiwxpids Just do the same thing with both hands, add the extra note, and your all set. \:\)

Undone

Thanks keynotes for the pointer...that was a good 3/4 ballad chord style. I have spent about 2 hours playing Greensleeves using this style, which is good but requires a lot of practice. The one-octave tremolo is something I've done before, but when combined with this chord style it sounded very nice.

#1273794 - 09/23/09 10:08 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Next is You're in My Heart.

Calypso Carnival

#1273817 - 09/23/09 10:50 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Music_in_Me
Next is You're in My Heart.

Calypso Carnival

Well done MiM! You have excellent control when you play

#1273828 - 09/23/09 11:16 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Waltz, you're my guiding light and beacon of hope!!! I really appreciate your opinion because feedback is always great, and when it comes from someone who knows what this is all about and how much effort it takes, it's well appreciated.

I really can't brag (I would love to, don't get me wrong grin ) but I was at this book some 8 years ago, so this is more of a failure on my part to not have continued when I was at it. I'm trying to catch up on all my missed out chances.

So, here goes You're in My Heart, that wasn't hard at all.
You're In My Heart

#1274265 - 09/24/09 02:52 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Waltz, you're my guiding light and beacon of hope!!! I really appreciate your opinion because feedback is always great, and when it comes from someone who knows what this is all about and how much effort it takes, it's well appreciated.

I really can't brag (I would love to, don't get me wrong grin ) but I was at this book some 8 years ago, so this is more of a failure on my part to not have continued when I was at it. I'm trying to catch up on all my missed out chances.

So, here goes You're in My Heart, that wasn't hard at all.
You're In My Heart

No problem MiM! That is what this thread is all about, supporting each other through the tough process of playing piano. Great job on You're in my Heart. Nice soft touch smile

#1274273 - 09/24/09 03:01 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Waltz.

Here is Divertimento in D

#1274285 - 09/24/09 03:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Always Wanted to Play Piano Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Chicago
MiM, you sre really flying through these. I'm still trying to get a good feel for Introduction and Dance, a piece which, try as I might, I just can't develop an appreciation for.

That and I am playing this Clementi piece over and over again, in preparation for lessons tonight.

Casio Ap-200
Almost midway thru Alfred's All-In-One Book Two
Blogging my family's piano learning experiences: http://aw2pp.blogspot.com/

#1274307 - 09/24/09 03:54 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Always Wanted to Play Piano]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

AWtPP, some of these pieces I have tried before, so it was almost like a review. The new ones of late were You're in My Heart and Calypso Carnival. Divertimento in D is one I attacked before, but not very successfully. In fact, let me take a look and list the ones that I have done before: Brahms Lullaby, Village Dance, Hava Nagila, messed around a little with Space Shuttle Blues, and the Magic Piper, that's it! I hope I don't slow down too much with the new ones coming up.

Another thing is that you do get better with time, no doubt about that. I noticed that with some of the new pieces... some took me an hour or so to do for the first time. Good luck all.

#1274308 - 09/24/09 03:55 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Always Wanted to Play Piano]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
Boy I aggree. MiM you are really flying.....And playing them so well too. Good job... I am still stuck on Guantamamera.. I guess I am a little too picky but I can't get it to sound right yet... Maybe I'll move on soon.

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

#1274478 - 09/24/09 08:35 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Waltz.

Here is Divertimento in D

thumb Was that ending improv?

#1274505 - 09/24/09 09:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: wj3]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good luck wj3...feel free to ask for feedback, support, or just vent, etc., I'm sure, you will find me and others here to help.

Here is Brahms Lullaby

#1274510 - 09/24/09 09:22 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Yes, Waltz, I changed the last chord of Divertimento in D into an arpeggiated chord, as I didn't like their ending. This piece would sound better if repeated one more time (not 8va).

#1274556 - 09/24/09 10:25 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good luck wj3...feel free to ask for feedback, support, or just vent, etc., I'm sure, you will find me and others here to help.

Here is Brahms Lullaby

thumb A really nice piece and great job on the expression! What type of piano do you use? I thought you said you use a keyboard, but your recordings are very rich and refined (not that that can't be so on a keyboard...)

#1274557 - 09/24/09 10:27 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: wj3]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: wj3
Boy I aggree. MiM you are really flying.....And playing them so well too. Good job... I am still stuck on Guantamamera.. I guess I am a little too picky but I can't get it to sound right yet... Maybe I'll move on soon.

I am learning one of your recital pieces. You did the Bach G maj and G min Minuets right? I am learning the G maj. Minuet right now. It doesn't look that hard, but learning it has been quite difficult. Both hands are generally acting in different motions etc. But it's a very pretty piece. What did you think of it?

#1274570 - 09/24/09 10:44 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Waltz
[quote=Music_in_Me] ...

thumb A really nice piece and great job on the expression! What type of piano do you use? I thought you said you use a keyboard, but your recordings are very rich and refined (not that that can't be so on a keyboard...)

I'm recording using the Yamaha PSR 700, which has all kinds of bells and whistles, but I use it because I haven't yet started recording from the acoustic, which should sound good, but I need a microphone and some experimenting to do.

After recording, I just remove noise and normalize the volume level, so that if you stream all my recorded pieces, they will all have the same volume level.

#1274720 - 09/25/09 07:28 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Yes, Waltz, I changed the last chord of Divertimento in D into an arpeggiated chord, as I didn't like their ending. This piece would sound better if repeated one more time (not 8va).

Well, yes exactly - it really does (see my long-standing version back on page 1 where this was done) - all it requires is a two note transition to get back to the beginning in a smooth manner - but, if you came to this logical and perceptive conclusion, why didn't you follow thru? Your performance was good (including the arpeggiated chord ending) but it could have been a little better...always go with your imagination.

JF

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

#1274760 - 09/25/09 09:01 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: TrapperJohn]
PeggySue Offline

Loc: Harrisburg, PA
Hey JF - I'm still struggling with Book 1 pieces, but I have Book 2 and I've listened to most of the recordings at the beginning of the Book 2 thread while following along with the sheet music and I really like your versions of many of these pieces, especially the way you play them with enthusiasm and feeling, and how you often modify or enhance the arrangements to make them more interesting - I also like the recordings of Z32 whose playing seems very accomplished and polished - I hope some day I can get as good as you guys and some of the others here in the 2 (and 3) threads! Thanks to all for sharing your music! You're an inspiration!

PS

#1274797 - 09/25/09 10:26 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: TrapperJohn]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: John Frank
[quote=Music_in_Me]...

Well, yes exactly - it really does (see my long-standing version back on page 1 where this was done) - all it requires is a two note transition to get back to the beginning in a smooth manner - but, if you came to this logical and perceptive conclusion, why didn't you follow thru? Your performance was good (including the arpeggiated chord ending) but it could have been a little better...always go with your imagination.

JF

Just rushing really! I know if I extend a piece, it takes longer to record as the probability of making a mistake goes up laugh. I just took a listen to your piece, well done.

#1274816 - 09/25/09 10:58 AM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
wj3 Offline

Loc: Salem, Or
Originally Posted By: Waltz
Originally Posted By: wj3

I am learning one of your recital pieces. You did the Bach G maj and G min Minuets right? I am learning the G maj. Minuet right now. It doesn't look that hard, but learning it has been quite difficult. Both hands are generally acting in different motions etc. But it's a very pretty piece. What did you think of it?

I really like Bach. I am working my way through "First Lessons in Bach". Actually my teacher is using this book as my main lesson book. Alfreds AIO is a supplementary book in my case. We spend alot of time on each song. First learning the notes and then alot of time on Phrasing and dynamics. Bach is very demanding to play right. But is sounds lovely played at any speed. I am still working on the minuet in G minor as my teacher hasn't given me a passing grade on it yet. (He is pretty tough) I am also trying to get the next song (another Minuet in G major) under hand. In my spare time I work on Alfreds......

I enjoyed you recording of Bach's Musette....

Walt

2010 Roland KR-115m
Alfreds AIO Level 2:
Working on (Simply Joplin) Solace, Peacherine Rag, A Breeze from Alabama:, (Burgmuller) Progres, Limpid stream.

#1274896 - 09/25/09 01:03 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: wj3]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

#1274922 - 09/25/09 01:48 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

This one is Village Dance

Looking at the next one (Circus March), I know it's not going to be as breezy smile

#1274949 - 09/25/09 02:46 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Great job on both MiM. I'm shocked on both how quickly and how exceptionally you learn and play these pieces; keep going, you'll be in Book 3 in no time smile

#1275164 - 09/25/09 08:21 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

It turned out to be easier than I thought.

Circus March

#1275176 - 09/25/09 08:37 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

It turned out to be easier than I thought.

Circus March

Yet another great performance. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse but, once again, WOW!

#1275195 - 09/25/09 09:04 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Waltz, I'm looking at the Hokey Pokey, and did some searching in the forum, and only found unkind things said about this piece! It has an air of La Bamba to it (cringe), and I'm not all that excited about spending too much time on it. Your thoughts?

Edited by Music_in_Me (09/25/09 09:04 PM)

#1275231 - 09/25/09 09:55 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: MiM]
Waltz Offline
500 Post Club Member

Waltz, I'm looking at the Hokey Pokey, and did some searching in the forum, and only found unkind things said about this piece! It has an air of La Bamba to it (cringe), and I'm not all that excited about spending too much time on it. Your thoughts?

It's ironic, because I felt the exact same apprehension when I began this piece. It's actually much easier and, in my opinion, more enjoyable than La Bamba. It's not so bad really. I'm sure you'll master it in no time ! thumb

#1275271 - 09/25/09 11:15 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Waltz]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

... on the downside, there are 64 pieces in Book 2, and I'm now working on number 31 !!!! All this huffing and puffing, yet still far away. I'm just venting...gasp!

#1275672 - 09/26/09 03:29 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: Mark...]
happykah Offline

Loc: SE USA
Hello all,
I've enjoyed reading this thread! Very motivating!
I'm committed to getting back to the piano-it's been nearly 20 years since my last lesson. I had about two years' worth of sporadic lessons sprinkled throughout my childhood years. We got a used Wurlitzer about a year ago, but I've not done much with it except sit down for a few minutes here and there and lament over how much I've forgotten. I'm a homeschooling mom and I decided to teach my boys the basics this year(my dd is on her 2nd year of lessons now)But the real result of that worthy ambition is that now I am at the piano for an hour or more a day I bought the level 1 text and went through it and the accompanying theory book last week to get back into things.
I've started the AIO book 2-things will reeaallly slow down now. Guantanamera is still not up to speed.
JF,
Were you the one talking about the Alfred Sacred book? I would love to hear some of these if possible. Pretty please?
Sacred Silhouettes

#1275750 - 09/26/09 06:19 PM Re: Alfred's Basic and All in One Adult Piano Course Book #2 [Re: happykah]
MiM Offline
500 Post Club Member

Welcome aboard happykah. It looks like you are on the right track...wish you the best of success.

Page 54 of 100 < 1 2 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 99 100 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
70 registered (AZNpiano, arX, anotherscott, Atrys, antony, 11 invisible), 1193 Guests and 39 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153691 Topics
2253031 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Spelling chords and using correct accidentals
by JoelW
04/24/14 03:11 AM
HELP! Is this strain because of my technique?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 11:26 PM
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
04/23/14 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
04/23/14 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
04/23/14 10:00 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission