2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
24 members (AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,223 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
N
Jerry and I haven't come down to earth yet.

10 hours of excellent piano on Sat. followed by 5 hours on Sun. is almost too much to imagine. It was an astounding musical weekend.

We were entertained on Saturday by our webmaster Frank, Lily Lady, Kathy K., Jeremy, Eric Gloo, Eric from Albany and their son Peter, Karen Kelly, Sue Keller, Beckett Senchur, all our hostesses (Roberta, Helga and Marilyn) Terry Neff, and Lily K.

On Sunday at the brunch at Tom and Kathy Howes, many of the above played and also Mimi Ace, plus we had a surprise guest, Jacqueline Schwab, the pianist for the Ken Burns PBS documentaries.

We had it all, from superb classical to jazz to standards, unbelievable ragtime and singing by Sue Keller, and English folk tunes, Appalachian hymns and so much more by the very talented Jacqueline Schwab.

The pianos were given the workout of their lives.

Our hosts and hostesses outdid themselves with oh such delicious cuisine!! And the guests brought very unusual and tasty and beautiful platters of food. I wanted recipes for everything.

I guess I am gushing but it was a gushable occasion.

Thanks to all for bringing this about. It is no easy undertaking.

Linda

ps.If I left out anyone else who played, I apologize.

Linda Gloo
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
More Wow Wow Wowers and Gushings!

What a weekend! Wonderful homes and displays of great Mason Hamlins on Sat - Older AA, BB and new A. Beautiful new August Forster on Sunday and even an old Henry Miller at our rental home for the Pre-party gathering! The best hosts and hostesses you could possibly meet. Old piano friends and new. Great pianists. Unbelievable food.

Party started with the ride down with Terrytunes and Mr. TT.
A few stops on the way to get us in the Cape Cod mood.

[Linked Image]

Our rental home was an artist in residence funky place.

The PIANO MAN greeted us (take a look at those long piano fingers!)

[Linked Image]

Our own PW Piano Man was soon found at the keyboard with a hopeful tip glass on the piano.

[Linked Image]

Soon followed by PW member hv's wife Sue. Sue turned out to be quite the entertainer all weekend with her 1001 stories and ragtime 'plus' playing.

[Linked Image]

While friends enjoyed the festive atmosphere

[Linked Image]
(Roberta, Ed, PW Frank and Kathy)

[Linked Image]
(Terrytunes and Steve)

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
The Saturday Festivities involved neighborhood friends who all own some beautiful MH pianos.

We started with hors d'heuvres and hot asperagus soup at Marilyn and Keith's and enjoyed playing/listening to a beautiful old AA. Since I own a newer AA, it was especially fun to play theirs. MH has been doing it 'right' for a LONG TIME!

[Linked Image]
(the beautiful Marilyn)

[Linked Image]

Host Keith on the right talking with PW travel agent Bill and his wife Elaine.

[Linked Image]
(included here are TT, Jerry and Linda Gloo, son Eric)

Players PW member Tj and his son. Tj shared one of his own compositions.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Soon to be PW member Karen

[Linked Image]

PW KathyK who always has some interesting advanced pieces to share with us

[Linked Image]

And PW Frank sharing a composition he wrote, 'FOR KATHY', along with the story of how they met as pre teens and re-met recently to fall in love this time! Gorgeous FB!

[Linked Image]
(FB playing)

[Linked Image]
(Kathy listening)

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
We then walked through the grove of trees to Helga and John's home and into their world of the MH BB. Work was done on their piano since I was last there 3 yrs ago and magnificence is what I heard!

Edison would have been a joyful welcome to this party.

[Linked Image]

Here is the TT pic that KK missed!

[Linked Image]

Host John enjoyed recording his piano. Next time John, we had better HEAR you playing as well!

[Linked Image]
(Some Helga pics later)

Ragtime Sue showed us her versitility with a 24 minute medley of the Beatles tunes. WOW! Sue, WOW! WOW! WOW! This brought the house down!

[Linked Image]

And a little lighter version of some of the attendees.

[Linked Image]

Some PW members stopped by for just a quick hello and tickle of the ivories. Please remind us of her name. She played some beautiful Spanish music and brought along her niece who if I am correct is a clarinetist whom we must get to play next time!

[Linked Image]

And for those of us who lingered a bit, we got to hear PW Kathy play!

[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
The PP started at noon. By twilight we walked over to Roberta and Ed's home and the main feast. Oh, and there was that gorgeous MH A to play and yes, more players doing their tickling!

[Linked Image]

I was so pleased this time to hear Eric Gloo played. I had missed hearing him 3 years ago and was very impressed with his playing - several times this weekend. Smooth, like his father Jerry. And Beautiful Music which I had not heard before as well.

[Linked Image]

The highlight for me(as well as other wonderful playing) was when 'the hostess ladies' teacher showed up and we talk them into playing!

Here is Beckett with 'his students'

[Linked Image]

(Helga, Marilyn, Becket, Linda, Roberta)

Roberta was the first brave one! ("Wait a minute, just wait!!!" she would say, as she searched for that hard chord to wrap her fingers around)

You are doing just great Roberta!

[Linked Image]

Linda Gloo had her excuses this year - a shoulder operation, but...we have heard her doing very well one year ago at KathyK's party in Maine one year ago!

Marilyn and Becket duet

[Linked Image]

And Helga with Beckett, 3 hands on one piano!!!

[Linked Image]

Beckett, it was obvious that you are a treasure and well loved! I hope you join us here in the TEACHER'S FORUM on PW.

Beckett by the way is a great classical, improve teacher and church organist.

Not only did PW hv do some recordings which he promised to share with us, he is also a photographer. Here, under Roberta's piano

[Linked Image]

The food was unbelievable... I'll just sharing one pic to also show the gorgeous pottery serving pieces used.

[Linked Image]

Cont - due to pic limitations

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
The Dinner Bell Rang

[Linked Image]

The Jug Bell Rang

[Linked Image]

(that is Cape Cod Beer)

The Ragtime Lady listened

[Linked Image]

Other's chatted between listening

[Linked Image]

Frank added touches to Jerry's playing

[Linked Image]

Then gave up!

[Linked Image]

And by 10PM we all collapsed and had to say goodnight...

Yet, couldn't wait for the Sunday Party to Begin!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Sunday Morning Brunch at 10 at the Howes and their new gorgeous August Forster. It sits in the foyer as one enters their home.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

(this was the only time it was minus a player!)

Hostess Kathy enjoying hearing her piano (and I am sorry that I did not get a pic of husband host Tom as the pic I had of him making scrambled eggs came out blurry)

[Linked Image]

Brunch was over the top wonderful. This is just an example of offerings - sauteed apples (double sauteed in brandy?)

[Linked Image]

And players we indeed had! As well as those that shared their talents on Sat (and Fri nite) we had "New Ones"!

[Linked Image]
(please help me out with her name - she played beautifully!)

KK shared a few more

[Linked Image]

Sue shared a few more

[Linked Image]

And one of my favorite pics of Sue letting her hair down, telling us about how she won several 'Jeopardy' contests!

[Linked Image]

Jerry shared a few more

[Linked Image]

And then....

another 'piece de resistance' and delightful lady came - Jacqueline Schwab of Ken Burn's PBS specials.... and her famous improv on the Civil War documentary was played...and this after a few other countra dance/country dance pieces were shared. What a talent! I hope she joins PW!

[Linked Image]

All in all...

THIS WAS A 'WOW' WEEKEND!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Our weekend ended with a few more visits Cape Cod beaches including ??? and Wellfleet Harbor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have such wonderful memories of this special weekend and I thank all our wonderful hosts and...

A special thank you to PW Frank Baxter for bringing us together through this forum!

Lilylady

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
What a great narrative, LL. You really did a great job covering the bases both in words and pictures. Thanks!

N
N
Bobbie, you can sure put together photos and words that put us right back at the parties. Not to speak of your wonderful piano playing that thrilled and moved us all.

I did forget a Sat player originally from Argentina. Her name is Enis Raquel. Would have loved to have h eard more from her. Maybr her neice Becky will bring her clarinet next time.

Mimi Ace from Eastham was the Sun. player whose name you didn't know. She was the one who alerted Jacqueline Schwab about Piano World.

Linda Gloo
N
N
lol I do know how to spell "niece". Jerr sez it's neeze!!!!

Frank's Kathy, " I didn't know you played and I'm sorry I missed you. Thanks to Lily Lady for preserving it for posterity."

Linda

Linda Gloo
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Oh, I am sorry I missed it...nice to see many familiar faces...

And novelinda!!! What is with the sling!!! One reason I didn't come is that I have a matching one! (torn rotator cuff surgery 3 weeks ago) What is your story!? I hope you are on the mend! Love to you and the big guy!

BeeLady

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
We just got back to FL from the long Cape weekend.

Didn't want to come back.

Incredible time from when we arrived to when we left.
Tired from traveling, will post pictures and stuff some time tomorrow.

I don't know how they do it, but somehow the Cape parties get better each year.

A special thanks to all our hosts and hostesses, a shout out to our two new celebrity members, and my apologies to Terry and Steve for forgetting to mention their anniversary while I was making announcements.

P.S.
Sorry you missed it BeeLady, it was a wonderful weekend. Hope you're feeling better. Novelinda had her shoulder replaced, she's now bionic.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

N
N
Bee Lady, we all missed you. I had my total shoulder replacement 4 weeks ago tomorrow in Boston. No pain. Venus is the name I gave my prothesis. I miss playing the piano but hope to get back to it in Nov. Hope you are doing well.

Frank and Kathy, glad you are home safely and we understand the exhaustion. I think part of it was the emotionalism of the incredible piano we heard for 15 hours and of course you had Fri. night as well.

Linda Gloo
A

Gold Member until February 2010

A
Friends,
It was a sheer delight to host the Sunday Brunch for the recent Cape Cod Piano Party. Almost too busy enjoying ourselves to take many photos, but we managed a few..........

[Linked Image]
Wait! What am I doing outside?

[Linked Image]
Frank B

[Linked Image]
Sue K

[Linked Image]
Frank B and Sue K

[Linked Image]
Mr. Smoooth

[Linked Image]
KathyK and Lilylady

[Linked Image]
Baci makes a friend

[Linked Image]
One Gloo, two Gloos

...continued....

A

A
[Linked Image]
Lilylady and Terrytunes

[Linked Image]
Guess who?

[Linked Image]
Lilylady and Jacqueline S.

[Linked Image]
Jacqueline S. sharing stories of working with Ken Burns.

[Linked Image]
KathyK

[Linked Image]
Sue K

[Linked Image]
Lilylady, Terrytunes and Roberta

[Linked Image]
A parting shot, though a bit late as many guests had already left

And last but not least, many thanks to
[Linked Image]
Frank and PW Kathy

It was a privilege to be part of such a wonderful event. Thank you all for making it so memorable!

Kathy & Tom

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
It sure has been a struggle getting back into reality after crossing back over the bridge on Monday!

Thank you to all our host families for your efforts in providing everyone with such a memorable musical gathering!

Marilyn & Keith
[Linked Image]

Helga & John
[Linked Image]

Ed B & Roberta
[Linked Image]

Kathy & Tom
[Linked Image]

Helga & Beckett playing a duet
[Linked Image]

One Roberta assisting the other in the kitchen!
[Linked Image]

Lilylady
[Linked Image]

Marilyn & KathyK
[Linked Image]

spotted this list in one of the kitchens; lots of prep goes into pulling off these gatherings!
[Linked Image]

one of the Kathy's and Mr Smoothie (the originator of the CC gatherings!!)
[Linked Image]

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Love the pics and reports!

Looking forward to some of the video/audio tapes. I tried to do some on my little digital as I saw others doing it, but alas, it only took video with no audio present. Well, darn, what good was that at a piano party, huh? ;-)

***I would like to email Marilyn as she asked me to send some info to her about imslp and other downloading music sites.

Would someone please send me her email or ask her to PM me through PW Private Mail Contact so that we can communicate?

Thanks!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Now Forster Kath, some of those 'to do' things on the list look rather mysterious...

Cats on bath?

Put away bath tub?

Plu cat fouls?

Wash dennis?

Bake 'who'?

ha

N
N
The pictures of the hosts "sez" it all........thank you SO much Kathy and Tom Howes,Helga and John Williams,Marilyn and Keith Harrison, Roberta Lang and Ed Bonacci. Such wonderful folks to say the least!

A SPECIAL THANKS to Larry Buck for the excellent work done on Roberta Langs Mason&Hamlin and Kathy and Tom Howes August Forster. Thanks also to Jon Page for the fine work done on the Williams Mason&Hamlin. Larry and Jon donated their time....."Aint" we lucky??!!

What can I say about Frank Baxter WM and Terry Neff the chief organizer. Without them we would not be meeting these wonderful folks and listening in awe to fantastic music. Thanks so much for starting this all!!!!!!

What a treat this year to have two special musicians. Sue Keller....you blew us away with your performances...Scott Joplin would be proud!!
Jacqueline Schwab....just beautiful....hard to keep the tears away during your emotional performance of Ashokan Farewell!! Very special to have both of you and yours living on the Cape.

To every one who played.....it just gets better and better.

Thanks to all for a very special and joyous happening!!!

Jeremy Gloo A441

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission