2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
42 members (1200s, clothearednincompo, FredrikNilsen, busa, Doug M., 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, 6 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
OP Offline
B
The SV-1 from Korg looks and sounds like the instrument of dreams. smile

I love the controllability.

[Linked Image]

Here is a demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fivHgX9XImg

I don't think they are out yet. Has anybody seen/played one?

V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
Originally Posted by Blue Jakester

I don't think they are out yet. Has anybody seen/played one?

I've been drooling over the youtube clips for the past few weeks, and wondering how long it would take my wife to notice that the car was no longer in the driveway...

If it lives up to its promise, I shall be moving heaven and earth to try to get one!

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015
B
OP Offline
B
I hear you voxpops smile

The Vox and B3 organ voices sound very good in that demo I linked to above.

I like everything about the controls. They are intuitive, easy to reach and adjust, and the instant recall buttons are really convenient. I wonder if those instant recall memories are non-volitale? If retain their settings when the keyboard is powered off? That would make the most sense.

It would appear a lot of design for the performing musician went into the lay-out. At 38.5 pounds it is a manageable weight, plus there is an optional rolling case.

The SV-1 page at Muscian's Friend shows the 73 key model for $1999, and sometimes MF and Guitar Center will knock 15~20% off for a special sale. I've had MF give me a 10% discount from their advertised price, just for calling in and asking. The MF sight shows them as becoming available 11/02/2009 ... just in time for the holidays! smile

Cheers!

UPDATE: I just downloaded the Operator's Manual from the Korg SV-1 page and those "Favorites" are indeed non-volatile.

Last edited by Blue Jakester; 10/14/09 06:37 PM.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yes, very sexy - I fell in love with this board from the moment I saw it. Absolutely beautiful styling and design. I definitely want one!

Initially, I watched the official video (with the two chaps playing in the club) when it hit the net last month, yet wasn't overly impressed with the organ and piano sounds. However, this Sweetwater clip sounds considerably - it really does a great job of explaining the various features, such as the tube amp (incidentally I wonder how durable the tube is if the instrument is dropped?).

It would be very interesting to see how the SV-1 measures up to the Nord Electro 3. They're both clearly competing for the same market, although I wonder if the RH3 weighted action on the Korg would make organ playing a little tiring?

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
OP Offline
B
Hi James,

I just finished looking over the SV-1 Operator's Manual (download from the Korg link I posted above if interested. It is in the "support" section.)

The RH3 weighting might be off-set a bit by the sensitivity settings. The manual shows 6 settings, one of them being "very soft" and it is selectable right on the control panel by pressing a single button and turning a knob. Hopefully that would take some of the work out of the weighted keys.

Cheers,
Jake

Last edited by Blue Jakester; 10/14/09 07:24 PM.
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
I agree, James, the organ is probably no competition for the XK-3C and Electro 3 with their waterall keys and drawbars/buttons (I wish Nord would bite the bullet and put some real drawbars on their organs). But the Rhodes/Wurli sounds are spectacularly good to my ears, and couple that with the RH3 keyboard plus some well-sampled grand pianos and it's a killer.

There is a guy on Youtube who managed to get hold of a pre-release model and has posted a few tunes. He's a great player and the SV-1 sounds very sweet in his hands.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission