2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Dear forum members. One year ago I bought this veryrespected piano. It was September 2008. I went to pick it up and was thrilled with the sound. Brought it home plugged it in and it was great. I played it quite a bit and was truly excited by it all. The next day, I plugged it in and nothing happened. No sound, just dead. I really didn't understand. I called the fellow back who wanted me to bring it back to him for him to fix it. He couldn't understand it either. Well, I was opening a new theater, way over my head in work etc. and just couldn't do it. Much time passed, it sat and sat. Last Friday I brought it to a local music store with a large repair center. after about 2 days I received a call from the repair man who told me he couldn't fix it. It was over his head. I went back and picked up the piano. Well, in fact, when I got there it was on, to me it was a miracle, it was working. Wow, what a blessing. I had my piano back . The display wasn't working and he said he didn't know if it was a software problem or a display problem. I brougt it home turned it on and there it was. Working. It was great. Same great sound same everything. Next...I played it for about 1/2 hour and suddenly the sound got scratchy, and then it stopped all together. Hmmmm, I turned it off and when I turned it back on...SOUND, ok, no problem, I played again for quite a bit and the same thing happend, it stopped sounding, again, I turned it on and off. no problem it worked. Ok, I finally turned it off and went to sleep. I got up this morning, turned it on and of course!!! It didn't work. NO power, no nothing. Dead as a doornail.

Something very simple, I'm sure. A cold solder, a loose wire ? I don't understand of course, the repair guy couldn't fix it for , for some reason. it worked. He said, it turned on. The only difference was that we moved the piano. NOT ROUGLY, at all...and when he turned it on it worked.

If anyone has any opinions please let me know, however, the thing is, I can't find anything on the internet that tells me where I can find authorized repair for this piano and of course, they seem to no longer be in business. Can anyone help me out with finding a repair person who won't think this keyboard is over his head ? thanks so much , Thomas

Thomas,

Go here for service centers.

Good Luck
Alden

Alden Skinner
DP Technical Advisor, PianoBuyer Magazine
| VSL Imperial | Pianoteq Pro | Logic Pro |
V
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
V
I'm not certain about the pro2, but I know that the internal workings of some of the GEM range involve computer components with plug-in PCI cards (or similar). I have heard of these working loose. I suppose it's remotely possible that you have a simple fault of that nature, and if you feel comfortable opening up the case you could see whether everything is seated correctly. I know it's a real long-shot, but you never know...

Good luck.

"you don't need to have been a rabbit in order to become a veterinarian"

mabraman, 2015

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission