2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
46 members (Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, 5 invisible), 1,261 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Hugh, just wanted to say how much your instruction on the Grace Note helped me (I guess your fingering lessons did it)! I just got caught up today and I'm ready (after practicing, of course) for your next installment. I really feel like I now have TWO private teachers! grin

I also think the webinar would be great for alot of our "classmates". I'm not sure, for me, if it would work out since I don't have a webcam. But, it would be nice if the webinar could be accessed at any time. Just my 2cents. And, as always, many thank-yous for doing this!
CMohr

Think less - play more

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bumblebee buzz....

BTW, CMohr, a Webnar is supposed to be live. Something that can be accessed any time would be what Hugh Sung is doing now, here in this thread.

Cheers,

M
M
Originally Posted by CoffeeLover
Bumblebee buzz....

BTW, CMohr, a Webnar is supposed to be live. Something that can be accessed any time would be what Hugh Sung is doing now, here in this thread.

Cheers,

I think Cmohr is referring to recording the webinar so that people who couldn't be there live could at least watch it.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Thank you munkeegutz! You beat me to a reply to Coffeelover.
I am definitely techno-NOT. Just thought if the webinar (like you pointed out) could be recorded ALSO, that those of us (I may be the only one-and in that case I guess I'm just out of luck frown ) who can't paricipate live could still glean some knowledge by watching when we could.

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
Sorry about that---CMohr.

BTW, the reason you can't participate was because you don't have a web cam, right?
(Correct me if I am wrong.)

I am not sure if that's right. Maybe Hugh or other Techee people can correct me, but I don't think you'd need a web cam to participate in the Webinar. Only person that would need a camera during the Webinar is Hugh. I don't have any experience on Webinars, but my impression is that you just log in to the Webinar site and watch Hugh teaching live, and then there is a box you can type in your messages to participate. Humm, I am not doing this well. Can anyone with experience explain this in better way? I just hate to see someone missing out a possible good opportunity.

You do need a web cam or a video camera to record a video of your playing if you would like to post a video, before the Webinar takes place, to discuss where you have problems with.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
Coffeelover-
No offense. I'm sure you're right about the web cam. I still think that it would be nice if the webinar was recorded for viewing "non-live" - I think someone else had concerns about how people all over the world will be able to participate in a live webinar. I suppose some could be involved in the wee hours or during working hours, I don't know. And like I said, I'm certainly not one to chime in on technical advice - just thought it would be very cool to access extra in-depth instruction.
Cheers!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
OK - SO after rereading previous posts, I guess the whole webcam thing doesn't really come into play. blush So, depending on how all this webinar thing works out, I SHOULD be able to participate. The "when" would be the only thing that may be problematic. Sorry, I guess I've been beating a dead horse here. Oops!

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by CMohr
Coffeelover-
No offense. I'm sure you're right about the web cam. I still think that it would be nice if the webinar was recorded for viewing "non-live" - I think someone else had concerns about how people all over the world will be able to participate in a live webinar. I suppose some could be involved in the wee hours or during working hours, I don't know. And like I said, I'm certainly not one to chime in on technical advice - just thought it would be very cool to access extra in-depth instruction.
Cheers!

Hi CMohr - you'll be happy to hear that I'm definitely planning on recording the Webinar and making it available for downloads after the event, so those who can't attend "live" will still be able to watch afterward.

As CoffeeLover mentioned, you'd only need a webcam if you want to contribute videos to the class. Folks can still submit questions by text, or by live chat during the Webinar itself.

I'm thinking of aiming for a Saturday Webinar, starting at 13:00 Eastern Standard Time (1 pm in the afternoon New York City time) - that would translate into 10 am California time, 18:00 UK time, and 19:00 Germany time, if i'm calculating this correctly. More details to follow - i'm going to work on a separate website to make sign ups and scheduling/posting details for the webinar easier.

1000 Post Club Member

1000 Post Club Member
yippie

Think less - play more

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Lesson #30, Measure 22

Once again, we look at using our hands and fingerings in a "cookie cutter" fashion. Fortunately, the chords in both hands are shaped to make movement much easier. We end up by comparing the duple to triple rhythms from the previous measure, as well as exploring two different pedaling options.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hugh,
Did you post lesson #29 here on Piano World? I went back through the previous posts and It's not there. BTW, I finally got lesson #28 (along with #30) after wiping all internet files, rebooting the computer and logging back into piano world. None of the previous lessons were able to be seen prior to the re-booting. What I haven't received is Lesson #29. I went onto your site in YouTube and was able to watch Lesson #29 there but there is nothing between lessons #28 & #30 on this thread.
Woody

[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Is there somewhere the lessons can be accessed in a single page? I've been truant for a while and it's sort of hard to dig though 25 pages of comments to go back to find old ones. Thanks!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Good Morning Bluekeys,
Yes, if you click on the "youtube" in the lower right hand corner, it will bring up Hugh's site with the current lesson. Once the You Tube site is opened click on Hugh's Other and it will open up everything on his site in cronological order starting with the latest date. He also has a link above in one of the postings. Hope this helps.
Woody

[Linked Image]
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Thanks Woody. Got it.

S
S
Woody, I also don't believe lesson #29 was posted here. I got it from YouTube too.

Weird thing is, I now realize the edition of the sheet music I've been following all along has quite a different set of notes for the left hand of measures 21, 22 and (looking ahead to another edition I found which is similar to what Hugh uses) 23. I have no idea why nor do I remember where I got it in the first place. I think I'll try both editions for these 3 measures and choose the one I prefer!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
senam,
Thanks for confirming that I haven't lost my mind completely. The problems I was having yesterday were related to having too much information in my cashe files. Once they were dumped the problem went away. I was hoping this issue was just something new and exciting. If you experienced the same thing I feel a lot better.

Hugh provided the score he is currently using early in thread. I would say within the first 10 posts or so. My score follows the score he is using exactly. Unless you already have a whole bunch of notations (like I do) you may want to use that one instead of the one you are currently using. On the other hand, choosing the one You prefer may be the best solution.
Woody

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Woody-Woodruff
Hugh,
Did you post lesson #29 here on Piano World? I went back through the previous posts and It's not there. BTW, I finally got lesson #28 (along with #30) after wiping all internet files, rebooting the computer and logging back into piano world. None of the previous lessons were able to be seen prior to the re-booting. What I haven't received is Lesson #29. I went onto your site in YouTube and was able to watch Lesson #29 there but there is nothing between lessons #28 & #30 on this thread.
Woody

Woops! My bad - thanks for catching that, Woody! I'll post #29 here and then #30 once again to make sure the list stays relatively in order - sorry!!

OP Offline
Originally Posted by bluekeys
Is there somewhere the lessons can be accessed in a single page? I've been truant for a while and it's sort of hard to dig though 25 pages of comments to go back to find old ones. Thanks!

I'm going to try to work on a dedicated website as a repository for all these (and future) lessons, to make it easier to scroll through. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

OP Offline
Lesson #29, Measure 21

After mapping out the notes, I try to show how fingerings can be used to simultaneously mold the hand into comfortable shapes for different chords and serve as memory aids to find them faster. We also talk about using the pedal to connect notes, enabling you to keep your hands relaxed. I also draw a brief example of using shapes to distinguish note groupings (triangles for groups of 3, a square for even numbered groups of 2, etc.)

OP Offline
Lesson #30, Measure 22

Once again, we look at using our hands and fingerings in a "cookie cutter" fashion. Fortunately, the chords in both hands are shaped to make movement much easier. We end up by comparing the duple to triple rhythms from the previous measure, as well as exploring two different pedaling options.

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission