2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
50 members (Cheeeeee, Carey, Dalem01, danno858, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 9 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
OP Offline
R
Greetings everybody!

Yes, it's yet another contribution to the endless pile of "vs threads"... and I know, I SHOULD try them out myself and form my own opionion based on my preferences... however, these specific models aren't carried in the stores in my region, so an a-to-b comparison would be a difficult and time consuming task. I'm leaning ever-so-slightly towards the PX-330, since it seems to rely on newer technology, as well as being slightly less expensive. But please - feel free to persuade me in either direction!

Best regards,
Sam

M
M
If you can' try them by yourself, at least try listening to some Youtube videos where these pianos are played. Some people records pieces using the line-out, so sometimes the sound can be clear enough to have an idea. That doesn't work for judging the key action, of course.
I have the Korg SP250, which is basically the same as LP350 in its 'portable' version and I'm happy with it. Haven't tried the PX330 by myself, but their users are happy with it too.

I would say both are safe options.

Last edited by montag; 10/24/09 01:18 PM.
G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Some people have complained of key problems with the Casios and I think that the Korg has a better action. On the other hand, the Casio is newer and has more features and different sounds. Some people don't like the Korg piano sound, although, personally, I think it's fine. The Casio has more polyphony.

I'd probably go with the Korg for the action, but the Casio is a decent choice. Really, you need to try them in person to be sure.

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the input.

Based on the various online demos of the PX-330/PX-730 and LP-350/SP-250 I've sampled, neither will disappoint in terms of basic sound. I quite like the tone of the Korg - mellow, but not too muffled. On the other hand, the new Privia piano seems to have really good dynamics.

Any more thoughts on the actions? I understand the Korg is widely regarded as being excellent in this regard, but I hear good things about the new Casios as well. My only concern would be the reports regarding occasional key failures in past Privia models - any chance of this being corrected in the new x30-range?

G
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
G
Rempeorama,
I don't think you could go wrong with either piano. The Casio offers a lot more for the money. Assuming, you want and need all that it offers, it would be a good choice. It might take you longer to evaluate, but I would definately encourage you to sit down and play each piano. Touch is the most subjective thing, and the one thing I can tell you is that the Casio has heavier action. If your hands are not accustomed to that, it will take some getting used to and building up strength in your fingers. If you've been playing a while it will not likely be a big deal, but you should definately try them first and decide for yourself.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission