I'm an adult beginner-intermediate piano student and playing a on casio digital piano for practise. I am currently shopping for a baby grand piano.
Price: less than 10K
Size: more than 5 ft
Yesterday I tried out the Kawaii GM-12 in a San Jose piano company. I like the touch and the sound (brighter than that of a GM-10 next to it).
Then, I tried out the Yamaha baby grands in Dublin. First, I tried the GB1 and the sound is somehow small. Then, the dealer introducde the Cable Nelson 5'3" to me and said it is made by Yamaha in Japan. He said the only differece compared to the GB1 is that 1. it has a laminated sound board 2. it does not have a soft fall cover. I tried it out and the sound is much louder and sweeter (I'm not sure about a more technical term) than the GB1.
- Kawaii GM-12, 5', $9900 + tax + delivery
- Yamaha GB1, 4'11", $8399 + tax + delivery
- Cable Nelson CN 161, 5'3", $8499 + tax + delivery
So, my questions are:
- Is Cable Nelson 5'3" made in Japan? (dealer claims only the Yamaha 4'11" and Cable Nelson 4'11" are made in Indonesia).
- Has anyone play or own a Cable Nelson 5'3"? How do you like it comparing to Yamaha and Kawaii?
- Will the Cable Nelson hold well for the long run?
- I like both Kawaii GM-12 and Cable Nelson CN 161, which one is better?
I'm a first time piano buyer so sorry for lots of questions.