Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1293183 - 10/24/09 11:37 PM Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message
Linda Johnson Offline

Hi, I have a pianovelle ps1500 lately I have been having to (about every couple of months) put in the floppy discs to get it to start. then yesterday I turned it on and got an error message #0 wrong startup. I put in the floppys and tried that, it started up, then turned itself off, and immediately turned itself on. This went on over and over. i tried the" press the upper 1 and 234 pad " but nothing, it just kept turning on and off. I couldn't find anywhere in the manual, or anywhere on line) how to access the battery compartment. could someone help, I need my piano

(ads) Sweetwater / Roland
Kawai Superb Stage Piano and Controller

Click Here

#1293718 - 10/25/09 11:10 PM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: Linda Johnson]
str1der Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Well Linda I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you probably have the same issue. What I found is the battery corroded onto the board and ate right into it. As you can tell I haven't gotten any response on here and can find no signs of a replacement board. It just blows me away that I'm going to have to take this piano and stick it out on the curb.

All you need to do is take out the 4 screws on the top back of the piano. Once you do that you will need to slide the top forward about an inch or so then it will lift off. The battery is actually like 4 large watch batteries wrapped together and soldered to the board. The board you're lokking for is pretty much in the center of the keyboard but closest to the keys. It allso as about 6 or 7 connections to various other boards.

If you do have the same issue and by some miracle find a place to get a replacement cpu/ sound generation board please let me know.

#1295463 - 10/28/09 01:39 PM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: str1der]
Linda Johnson Offline

I want to thank you, you are the only one that has responded to my questions.
We took it apart and found the battery pack, it was corroded, but not through the board. I then proceeded to look at every piano place I could find for the battery type, by the way the name on the batteries) is Vinnicell 3xn280bc 3.6 volt In-cd,
The battery pack is soldered onto the CPU Board WK3
wasn't sure if you could read the # on your batteries.
I called a few local's even tried Sweetwater Sound,Musician's Friend,they gave me the number to Gibson, 800-444-2766 who then gave me the number to Meridian317-575-9588, who then gave me the cell phone number of the repair man 317-442-9526, none of which called me back. I somehow, dont remember, kind of lost in a fog trying to remeber where I was even looking, page after page...got a reply from
John S
Sales/Technical Support

Batteryspace.com/AA Portable Power
860 S.19th St. Unit A
Richmond, CA 94804
Tel: +1-510-525-2328 x 222
Fax: +1-510-439-2808
Email: sales@batteryspace.com
Site: www.batteryspace.com

about the batteries. not sure if they can help you with the board, but at least it proves some people are trying to help

thanks again by the way I ordered the batteries, I will let you know if it works
Linda

#1295505 - 10/28/09 02:59 PM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: Linda Johnson]
str1der Offline

Loc: Kentucky
The one repair guy that turned me on to the battery issue said that the battery wasn't even necessary. I desoldered the battery pack and tried and I still couldn't get it to do the reset. Hopefully it all works out for you. Please keep me posted. I may see if I can find someone that can repair the board. So there were no discolored or burnt areas near where the battery was corroded?

#1295978 - 10/29/09 11:02 AM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: str1der]
Linda Johnson Offline

the board looked like brand new, other than a few cobwebs.
so the battery pack is mainly for the memory backup? Then it seems like that wouldn't have anything to do with it starting up...

a person would think that if all the digital pianos had this kind of board in them they would be interchangeable, why wouldn't a board, or batteries from Yamaha work with pianovelle, etc?

I am going to see what happens when I remove all the batteries put the board back in

you would think that with all the people out there that play piano's, there is someone who knows what we need and how to get it.

#1296844 - 10/30/09 06:56 PM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: str1der]
Linda Johnson Offline

Just wanted to tell you not to give up, I put the board back in without the batteries. And it works great. the only thing is that the majority of the red lights stay on, and you cant save to user or song files, but who cares, IT Works
thankx to you

#1507882 - 09/02/10 03:03 PM Re: Baldwin Pianovelle Ps1500 #0 Wrong Startup error message [Re: Linda Johnson]
DryCreekDave Offline

Hi all,

I have a PS1500 and I need to reload the operating system. The problem is that I can't find the disks. Can anyone send me the files? I have a 3 1/2" drive, so all I need are the files for the 2 disks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can, email the files to David.Greenbaum@live.com

Thanks

Moderator:  Piano World 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
124 registered (ando, alfredo capurso, ajames, anamnesis, AndresD, 33 invisible), 1507 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325991 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission